PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Notebook: Team likely to look at cornerback early in draft

stillers4me
02-26-2011, 06:50 AM
Steelers director of football operations Kevin Colbert said the three deepest positions in the NFL draft are cornerback, offensive tackle and wide receiver, which means the Steelers "can get quality at those positions" in the first three rounds.

Of the three, cornerback is the area the Steelers most likely will target in those rounds, especially the first. And Colbert said there are more good corners because so many teams in college football run the spread offense.

"Spread offenses are going to be countered with, for lack of a better term, spread defenses, which is three down linemen and five linebackers or three linebackers and two hybrid linebackers/safeties and the secondary. So there's more defensive back types," Colbert said at the NFL Scouting Combine....................

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11057/1128204-66.stm

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11057/1128204-66.stm

86WARD
02-26-2011, 08:47 AM
whoops...just posted the same thing...

zulater
02-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Similiar to 87 when the Steelers used their top two picks on corners, ( Rod Woodson, and Delton Hall) I wouldn't mind seeing the same thing this year.

Which brings up a great bar bet.

Which Steelers cornerback was their 87 rookie of the year? ( hint) If you guessed Woodson, you guessed wrong. :chuckle:

Steeldude
02-27-2011, 04:26 AM
i doubt they will draft a CB. i see them drafting a WR again. they will call it BPA...lol

Steeldude
02-27-2011, 04:28 AM
Similiar to 87 when the Steelers used their top two picks on corners, ( Rod Woodson, and Delton Hall) I wouldn't mind seeing the same thing this year.

Which brings up a great bar bet.

Which Steelers cornerback was their 87 rookie of the year? ( hint) If you guessed Woodson, you guessed wrong. :chuckle:

delton "beltin" hall

he was doing good until he hurt his wrist. after that he could no longer jam WRs