PDA

View Full Version : Another Pouncey unlikely for Steelers in NFL Draft

stillers4me
02-26-2011, 06:46 AM
Steelers coaches who still can't distinguish between Maurkice and Mike Pouncey — they only look alike, sound alike and share the same mannerisms — probably won't have to do so on a regular basis in the coming seasons.

Mike Pouncey, all 6 feet 5 inches, 303 pounds of him, said Friday he does not expect the Steelers to select him in the NFL Draft in April.

Pouncey hopes to play center in the NFL, and the Steelers appear to be set there for the next decade with his identical twin. What is more problematic to the Steelers drafting Pouncey, who played guard at Florida before moving to center for his senior season: He figures to be gone before the Steelers pick 31st overall.

He has to be, he said with an easy laugh similar to Maurkice's, for the sake of sibling rivalry.

And if he isn't?

"I'd never hear the end of it," Mike Pouncey said...............

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_724793.html

Michael
02-26-2011, 08:23 AM
The Cardinals and Whiz are taking the brother . I understand that they have researched every Steeler player's family tree and are looking at Steeler family members extending out to second cousins plus FaceBook Friends. They are committed to getting it as "right" as possible.

86WARD
02-26-2011, 08:45 AM
meh...title is kind of misleading. Good thing about this article is that they feel he's another stud and they sound interested if he's available.

steeldevil
02-26-2011, 09:29 AM
If he is there at 31 and there is not a CB with higher value we should take him.

stillers4me
02-26-2011, 11:37 AM
I know we'll take the best player avialable, be it a center or a Pouncy. I'm sure Mike will get over the disappointment of dropping to 31st if he's reunited with Maurkice!

oneforthetoe
02-26-2011, 11:48 AM
He will not be there when we pick. Besides, he wants to play center, so he would unlikely be happy to be drafted by the Steelers. In any case, there is a more important consideration ...... is there a Kuhn available in this draft? Or, maybe we can just convince TJ Duckett to come out of retirement and be our big back?:bananadoggywow:

Count Steeler
02-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Move Legursky to be a blocking back.