PDA

View Full Version : If You Like Early 1990′s Steelers Trading Cards, This Is For You

stillers4me
02-25-2011, 05:04 AM
Growing up in the late 1980′s and early 1990′s had to be the absolute worst time to be collecting baseball and football cards. It was around that time that the card companies, in all of their infinite wisdom, started producing 800-card mega-sets that completely oversaturated the market. The result? Complete sets that are probably worth about $15 today. So much for being a collectors item.

Now I have boxes and boxes full of “commons” (the Beckett term) like Gary Redus (baseball) and Jeff Graham (football) collecting dust in a closet. Score! The only thing missing: a piece of rock hard chewing gum that can cut diamonds.

Anyway, last week I was digging through some of the boxes in a haphazard attempt at cleaning and came across some awesomely random Steelers cards from the early 90′s. Let’s hop in the DeLorean and take a look…..........

Read more @ http://www.steelerslounge.com/2011/02/early-1990s-steelers-trading-cards/

SteelerSal
02-25-2011, 05:58 AM
Wow..I have all those cards. Used to collect all Steelers and only Steelers players.
Seeing david johnson (#44 cornerback) reminds me of my brother. Back in the day my brother liked him and his screen name on my site is fusco44 after his number. :lol: That was when Woodson was just getting his feet wet and we had a pretty decent young defensive backfield with Woodson, Johnson, Thomas everett and Delton "the Hitman" Hall. :)

SMR
02-25-2011, 06:13 AM
Wow, I remember those years. Sigh...now the memories are becoming thicker again.

HometownGal
02-25-2011, 05:54 PM
I have most of those cards, as well. I've been collecting football, hockey and baseball cards since I was 8 years old and have quite the collection, including Clemente, Lemieux, Bradshaw, Greene and Ham rookie cards. :applaudit:

Ahhhhhh - the memories! Not always pleasant, mind you, but still memories. :drink:

86WARD
02-25-2011, 07:08 PM
I have a lot of those cards...good read...

Dodt
02-25-2011, 07:22 PM
remeber those pro set cards one of the few that sold a coach card

KeiselPower99
02-25-2011, 08:50 PM
Nice read. Made me go look through my old Steeler cards to see which ones I have.