PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Notebook: No time to dwell on Super Bowl loss

stillers4me
02-25-2011, 05:02 AM
Getting behind in their draft preparation because of Super Bowl XLV was actually a good thing for Kevin Colbert and his staff.

It helped take their mind off the loss to the Green Bay Packers.

"Monday, the day after, was abysmal for everybody," said Colbert, the team's director of football operations who had never experienced a Super Bowl loss since coming to the Steelers in 2000.

"For us, in the personnel department, our scouts flew in Tuesday night, and we started our [draft] meetings on Wednesday.

"We watched the game film right away, you have to do that right away, and you move on. That's one game to add to the evaluation for the season.

"But, you can't dwell on it, especially when you enter into this phase of the year. You're behind so we have to make up for lost time and, quite honestly, I'm glad we had to make up for lost time because it took your mind off it."

Arians intends to sign
Offensive coordinator Bruce Arians has not signed a contract to return in 2011, but, from all indications, he intends to do so.

Like defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau, Arians, though, will sign only a one-year deal with the Steelers.

Arians has been out of town since shortly after the Super Bowl and has been excused from attending the NFL Scouting Combine......................

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11056/1127840-66.stm

HometownGal
02-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Colbert has the right 'tude - don't dwell on the loss and move forward. They'll be back in the big game and hopefully Colbert & Co. will get the necessary pieces to complete the puzzle in April. :pray:

Arians has been out of town since shortly after the Super Bowl and has been excused from attending the NFL Scouting Combine.

Damn - I forgot to tell the media. He's been staying at my house awaiting the family reunion on Sunday. :doh: Silly me. :heh:

stillers4me
02-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Colbert has the right 'tude - don't dwell on the loss and move forward. They'll be back in the big game and hopefully Colbert & Co. will get the necessary pieces to complete the puzzle in April. :pray:

Damn - I forgot to tell the media. He's been staying at my house awaiting the family reunion on Sunday. :doh: Silly me. :heh:

Figures......... :heh:

HometownGal
02-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Figures......... :heh:

:buttkick: ;)