PDA

View Full Version : Colbert: Steelers, Taylor talking new deal

stillers4me
02-24-2011, 05:51 PM
The Steelers have talked with cornerback Ike Taylor about a new contract, director of football operations Kevin Colbert said today at the NFL Scouting Combine.
The Steelers are not expected to use a transition tag on Taylor — the deadline for tags is 4 p.m. today — but they have made re-signing Taylor a priority.

Taylor, who recently completed his eighth NFL season and sixth one as a starter, is set to become an unrestricted free agent.

"We've had preliminary discussions with Ike Taylor on a new contract," Colbert said. "The other (free agents) we've had discussion with in more of a matter-of-fact 'Yes, we want to keep as many guys as possible.'...............

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_724490.html

kmsteelerwr15
02-24-2011, 05:54 PM
I hope we can re-sign him!

tube517
02-24-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm confident something will get worked out. Colbert is usually successful w/guys they want to keep. As far as Colon...................

SMR
02-25-2011, 06:47 AM
This looks promising.

HometownGal
02-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Good to hear talks are underway and ongoing. I sure as hell don't want to lose Ike. He's not flashy or a stat rat, but he's consistent and does his job damned well.

GET THE DEAL DONE!!!