PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Team Plane?

Merchant
06-13-2010, 05:10 PM
I just got back from Dominican; when I was departing from the Punta Cana airport I looked out the window and saw a U.S. Airways plane that had a huge Steelers logo on it.. any one know if the Steelers were doing a little team bonding in Punta Cana this week? haha

venom
06-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Did it look like this ? Im sorry , it was me. I had to drop someone off at La Romana and was bit of a rush
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2633/4125837718_549a165ae0.jpg

Merchant
06-13-2010, 07:31 PM
:O That's the one!!!

lol

stillers4me
06-13-2010, 08:06 PM
That was Ben and his babes on a weekend getaway.

Steelerchad
06-13-2010, 08:29 PM
I ran into the same plane in Cancun airport in March. My wife snapped a photo of it and then I googled it when I got home and found that US air did about 6 NFL planes in some of their main cities. Charlotte was another one I remember.

steelpride12
06-13-2010, 08:35 PM
No im sure just a Plane that US uses to put teams on it, but nothing special. Cool though to see!

JoeCactus
06-13-2010, 08:51 PM
I just got back from Dominican; when I was departing from the Punta Cana airport I looked out the window and saw a U.S. Airways plane that had a huge Steelers logo on it.. any one know if the Steelers were doing a little team bonding in Punta Cana this week? haha

That plane makes the rounds and I believe is based in Charlotte NC......where I have seen it more than once

BPS3akaWirels3
06-13-2010, 09:37 PM
They did the logo about 2 years ago I believe.. Not the Steelers plane but very cool..

Wallace108
06-13-2010, 09:46 PM
That's an awesome plane!!!

Steelers-Themed US Airways Plane To Hit Skies

POSTED: 11:42 am EDT September 12, 2007

PITTSBURGH -- Fans of the five-time Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers will have their team logo and colors flying around the US Airways system.

A freshly painted Airbus A319 made its debut Wednesday at the US Airways maintenance facility at Pittsburgh International Airport.

The tail of the plane was painted black and gold and displayed a Steelers logo.

US Airways Chairman and CEO Doug Parker was on hand with representatives of the Steelers organization to formally dedicate the aircraft.

"I think it is the most beautiful plane," said Steelers fan Deb Powers. "Go Steelers."

"It's the greatest," said US Airways flight attendant Millicent Burnett. "What is not to like? Go Steelers."

The Airbus was painted in Roswell, N.M., and cost about $75,000.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/14097969/detail.html

Steel MD
06-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Merchant,

I sent you a PM.

NCSteeler
06-13-2010, 10:09 PM
I have a friend that does work for US Air and he got me some cell phone pics. I really need to find out what routes it flies because I would like to fly on it some time.

TatarMongol
06-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Oh boy, tell me about it. When I was in Bangkok, sh*t, still makes me laugh 2 say this name cuz I think this is the sexiest city name ever I think, anyways back 2 what I was saying. When I was in Bangkok in some mall, I saw this plane model which was with Arizona Cardinals. I asked the guys if they had the Steelers 1, they didn't. Then I got the name of the company that made the plane, & contacted they didn't make the other teams cuz they're having an issue with NFL. So sad. Anyways, the other day I messaged the famous Allstar, & asked him, if he could make the Steelers plane, he said he could try. :applaudit:

Merchant,

I sent you a PM.

About what? :rolleyes2: Mind I asked? I'm just curious.

salamander
06-13-2010, 10:56 PM
I wanna fly on that plane.

steelpride12
06-13-2010, 11:14 PM
I flew on a US plane that had Whales on it from Sea World which was pretty cool, but damn a Steeler plane. How do I find it!?

BPS3akaWirels3
06-13-2010, 11:22 PM
Oh boy, tell me about it. When I was in Bangkok, sh*t, still makes me laugh 2 say this name cuz I think this is the sexiest city name ever I think, anyways back 2 what I was saying. When I was in Bangkok in some mall, I saw this plane model which was with Arizona Cardinals. I asked the guys if they had the Steelers 1, they didn't. Then I got the name of the company that made the plane, & contacted they didn't make the other teams cuz they're having an issue with NFL. So sad. Anyways, the other day I messaged the famous Allstar, & asked him, if he could make the Steelers plane, he said he could try. :applaudit:

About what? :rolleyes2: Mind I asked? I'm just curious.

I sent you one also a few weeks back but no reply.. Now I sad..

TatarMongol
06-14-2010, 02:03 AM
Really? Sorry, but I didn't get any message from anyone on this board? Did U send 1 2 SF account?

Reason that I asked what U guys been messaging each other was it's because it was posted on this Steelers plane thread.

Galax Steeler
06-14-2010, 03:53 AM
I have seen pics of that plane before it is really nice.

solardave
06-14-2010, 11:05 AM
What a cool plane. Here's a fantasy for us fans. Charter that plane to fly us to Dallas to watch the Steelers tear the Cryboys a new one.:dance:

Merchant
06-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Merchant,

I sent you a PM.

Yeah I got you

steelerdude15
06-14-2010, 12:26 PM
From what I've heard, they painted the plane after the Steelers won SB 43.

SMR
06-14-2010, 06:43 PM
I wanna fly on that plane.

Me 2!

GoSlash27
06-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Glad you folks approve. It cost me $75,000 dollars to get it painted; had to put off purchasing the Ducati for a whole week :(
/ so hard to find quality help...

steelerrob
06-16-2010, 01:26 PM
You can buy a wooden model of it off ebay

Crow-Magnon
06-16-2010, 06:36 PM
US Airways has the NFL logos of teams that play in their hubs (Cardinals in PHX; Panthers in CLT; Eagles in PHL) and the Steelers in PIT (which was once a hub but has since been shrunk down to a shell of its former size after the U S Airways-America West merger a few years ago) painted on Airbus A319 aircraft. They also have aircraft painted in the former livery of Piedmont and PSA (former airlines that merged with the-then USAir), the original and second-generation America West, and Allegheny Airlines (the original name of the carrier that became USAir in 1979, although it first began in 1939 as All American Aviation Company and then All American Airways in 1949). They all fly various routes.

In addition, AirTran has three Boeing 717 aircraft painted with the logos of the Baltimore Ravens, the Atlanta Falcons and the Indianapolis Colts.

TatarMongol
06-16-2010, 10:00 PM
You can buy a wooden model of it off ebay

A link?

MasterOfPuppets
06-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Really? Sorry, but I didn't get any message from anyone on this board? Did U send 1 2 SF account?

Reason that I asked what U guys been messaging each other was it's because it was posted on this Steelers plane thread.

i sent you a p.m. to ask when you are going to send my yak . i would like a black one like this...
http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/articles/zoo/Yak.jpg

then i paint his horns gold and paint steeler logo on his sides...

Merchant
06-16-2010, 11:45 PM
i sent you a p.m. to ask when you are going to send my yak . i would like a black one like this...

I got a few left out back. PM me your address.

steelerrob
06-17-2010, 02:03 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Airbus-A319-US-Airways-Steelers-Desktop-Airplane-Model-/380227424303?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Collectables_Aeronautica_MJ&hash=item588752102f

I got one myself last year, pretty nice, hand-painted & all.

TatarMongol
06-17-2010, 08:53 AM

Ha ha ha. OK, I'll keep my eyes on em when I'm not occupied. But U must email me your address. No P.O.Box is accepted cuz V all know postal guys won't fit an yak into that tiny hole. lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/Airbus-A319-US-Airways-Steelers-Desktop-Airplane-Model-/380227424303?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Collectables_Aeronautica_MJ&hash=item588752102f

I got one myself last year, pretty nice, hand-painted & all.

Sh*t, man. I know I want this plane so bad, but there is no way that I could spend that much pound on it. (sigh) I'd go broke.

venom
06-17-2010, 09:11 AM
If you guys really love the plane , someone is selling a model of it on Ebay . It looks good .

http://www.mymahoganymodel.com/images_solo/Airbus-A319-US-Airways-Steelers-M3-1.jpg