PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young Suspected Of Assault

polamalubeast
06-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young is the prime suspect in a Saturday night assault at a Dallas strip club that left an individual with bodily injury, an official with the Dallas Police Department said Sunday.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/vince.young.suspect.2.1748889.html

BigNastyDefense
06-13-2010, 03:37 PM
If this is true, then Vince Young is dumber than I originally thought.

xX-TSK-Xx
06-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Maybe this will take some heat off of Ben.

ALLD
06-13-2010, 04:19 PM
Vince Young is actually smarter than I thought, but he is still really stupid overall. You would think coaches would seriously prep their players to avoid any conflicts so they do not risk their multi-million $ careers. I am old school and simply do not understand what the kids today are doing and why they take EVERYTHING for granted.

So the Patriots should get at least an extra first and second round draft pick for this?

oneforthetoe
06-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Suspected is at least a game right?

steelpride12
06-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Comes out last season and really takes the Titans on a run for the playoffs after starting off win less and really proving himself to the world. Why the hell would you go out and do something like that?

Nadroj 20
06-13-2010, 08:41 PM

Nope i would say 3 min.

being suspected puts to much of a bad rep on the "shield" :sarcasm:

HometownGal
06-13-2010, 08:41 PM
Yet another prime example of a million dollar talent with a ten cent head, just like someone else we know. WTH is it with these primadonnas? Their shit stinks just like everyone else's and they need to get it through those hard heads and egos that they aren't above the law.

BigNastyDefense
06-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Yet another prime example of a million dollar talent with a ten cent head, just like someone else we know. WTH is it with these primadonnas? Their shit stinks just like everyone else's and they need to get it through those hard heads and egos that they aren't above the law.

Unfortunately, that won't happen until people stop pampering these kids starting in middle school. These kids are handed so much throughout their "amateur" careers that by the time they get to the point where they get paid....they already think they are bulletproof. To change this, the NFL would have to go back in time to when players held normal jobs during the offseason, and some even during the season.

st33lersguy
06-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Vince Young's just proving his stupidity

Killer
06-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Citation with summons for assault?

6 game suspension!

He's pissing on your shield, Goodell.

Shea
06-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Citation with summons for assault?

6 game suspension!

He's pissing on your shield, Goodell.

This is getting so old.

Yes, Young should be givin a one game suspension for this, more if anything like this happens again, and he also should be required to undergo an evaluation, but every player that pops-up due to getting into trouble needs to be judged individually and not mirrored to what happened to Ben.

Ben needed the severe suspension due to past history, and to save himself and within that save his career.

Time for some of you Steelers' fans to accept and realize that it was for his own good, the punishment he got. One in which it seems to have worked in waking his ass up from what he's now saying in interviews.

steeldawg
06-13-2010, 10:08 PM
6 game suspension?

NCSteeler
06-13-2010, 10:12 PM
VY is too much of a self loathing puss to assault someone. It's likely someone from his posse.

zulater
06-13-2010, 10:18 PM
4 games feels about right.

steelpride12
06-13-2010, 11:00 PM
It's a shame this garbage happens in the NFL. I Just don't think the deserve chances or at least more than 1. I say after their first offense there gone out of the league. Someone doing this junk deserves no money or respect.

SteelCityMan786
06-13-2010, 11:45 PM
Won't stun me if he gets at least 6 games. HTG summed it up pretty well. Some of these guys I am now starting to question some of their own integrity.

Killer
06-14-2010, 05:26 AM
This is getting so old.

Yes, Young should be givin a one game suspension for this, more if anything like this happens again, and he also should be required to undergo an evaluation, but every player that pops-up due to getting into trouble needs to be judged individually and not mirrored to what happened to Ben.

Ben needed the severe suspension due to past history, and to save himself and within that save his career.

Time for some of you Steelers' fans to accept and realize that it was for his own good, the punishment he got. One in which it seems to have worked in waking his ass up from what he's now saying in interviews.

Bullshit - I demand justice. Hang em! Hang em high, I say!

Goodell, his Shield and his holy crusade can kiss my ass. You don't legislate morality.

I'm still waiting for the 7 Packer players who held down and "raped" those 2 women to be suspended too.

X-Terminator
06-14-2010, 07:52 AM
This is getting so old.

:bs:

Goodell opened the can of worms. There's absolutely no way he can close it now. Every player who gets in trouble - ANY kind of trouble - without any charges filed is now subject to the same suspension that Ben got. The bottom line is he allowed public opinion to sway his decision, because the "evidence", as it now appears based on those interviews that were released last week, is shaky at best. Did he deserve a suspension? Yes. But he did not deserve a 6-game suspension, conditional or otherwise. If Young doesn't get more than a game or 2 out of this, it is bullshit, and that's that. No double-standards.

Heard anything about that Packers player accused of sexual assault lately? No? Funny how that was quickly swept under the rug by the media. No daily updates, no experts, no pictures from TMZ...nothing. Amazing. How about that Colts player accused of sexual assault? Haven't heard jack about that in nearly a month.

Nadroj 20
06-14-2010, 08:03 AM
This is getting so old.

I hope it does work but we will have to wait and see. I agreed with some kind of suspension, but to get 6 games without ever being convicted of a damn thing is too much. That is what "us steelers fans" are implying when we joke around about the NFL suspending players. At least it is with me. I have let it be known before i thought the suspension was too long and that it should have been 2-3 games not 6.

Butch
06-14-2010, 08:31 AM
They caught him on tape punching the dude. Don't get me wrong I would say the other guy prompted it but that still doesn't make what Vince Young did right. He should get at least a two game suspension in my book and if anyone ever even accuses him again it should be 4 to 6.

I will agree that Ben deserved a suspension but 4-6 was a little excessive in my books, especially since no charges were pressed so now it is a he said she said. If you are going to dole out the punishment dole it out evenly. Now the ball is in the comish's hands lets see what he does. Don't blink!!!

BlastFurnace
06-14-2010, 08:56 AM
They caught him on tape punching the dude. Don't get me wrong I would say the other guy prompted it but that still doesn't make what Vince Young did right. He should get at least a two game suspension in my book and if anyone ever even accuses him again it should be 4 to 6.

I will agree that Ben deserved a suspension but 4-6 was a little excessive in my books, especially since no charges were pressed so now it is a he said she said. If you are going to dole out the punishment dole it out evenly. Now the ball is in the comish's hands lets see what he does. Don't blink!!!

I heard that Vince only connected on 50% of his punch attempts and 2 were intercepted.

HughC
06-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Heard anything about that Packers player accused of sexual assault lately? No? Funny how that was quickly swept under the rug by the media. No daily updates, no experts, no pictures from TMZ...nothing. Amazing. How about that Colts player accused of sexual assault? Haven't heard jack about that in nearly a month.
There's a reason for that: nobody's ever heard of those two other guys. Since people haven't heard of them, they're not interested in the story. If people aren't interested in reading/watching/hearing updates to the story, the story doesn't sell, which means less web hits/lower ratings, and less ad revenue. You have to remember the media is a commercial business seeking to make a profit, and not a non-profit group formed strictly for the better benefit of society. Ben was one of the three names/faces that the NFL used to market its product. Fair or not, that results in his situation becoming a much bigger story than those other guys, and as a result it is understandable that he's held to a higher standard - because his actions put the NFL trademark in a more negative light than the actions of those other guys did.

Sure, that may not be fair, but that's just the way it is.

HughC
06-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Back to the original topic, I can't believe how stupid Vince Young is to put himself in this situation, considering the negative publicity from Pacman Jones to Ben to Underwood to other players. And on top of that, I can't believe how badly he lost his cool over another person simply giving hi an upside down University of Texas 'Hook 'em Horns' hand sign. Seems to me if he's that thin-skinned it would be very easy to get him to lose his composure with a few comments directed his way during an NFL game.

Pittsburgher
06-14-2010, 09:45 AM
Right about now Goodell is thinking, "Shit! I opened a Pandora's box by suspending Ben over zero charges."

If he is the correct suspect/perpetrator in this instant and IS CHARGED.........we better see more than six games suspended!

Steelerchad
06-14-2010, 09:50 AM
We play the Titans in week 2. This could affect them if he gets at least a 2 game suspension. Young played well last year and the Steelers wouldn't have to worry about the QB run. Would be pretty strange if both starting QB's were inactive due to suspension instead of injury.

SteelerSal
06-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Heck at this rate, with the way it's going, by week six, rosters will be thinned out from suspensions and owners, ball boys and cheerleaders will have to suit up.

When do we play the Raiders and will Al Davis fill in at QB? :lol:

X-Terminator
06-14-2010, 10:58 AM
There's a reason for that: nobody's ever heard of those two other guys. Since people haven't heard of them, they're not interested in the story. If people aren't interested in reading/watching/hearing updates to the story, the story doesn't sell, which means less web hits/lower ratings, and less ad revenue. You have to remember the media is a commercial business seeking to make a profit, and not a non-profit group formed strictly for the better benefit of society. Ben was one of the three names/faces that the NFL used to market its product. Fair or not, that results in his situation becoming a much bigger story than those other guys, and as a result it is understandable that he's held to a higher standard - because his actions put the NFL trademark in a more negative light than the actions of those other guys did.

Sure, that may not be fair, but that's just the way it is.

That may be, but it's still bullshit. It'll be even MORE bullshit if those guys get off with absolutely nothing, or if Vince Young gets a slap on the wrist. Besides, my beef is more with Der Kommissar than the media. They are what they are.

st33lersguy
06-14-2010, 11:02 AM
If VY doesn't get suspended for getting caught on tape punching a dude it's probably because he's black

BigNastyDefense
06-14-2010, 11:50 AM
VY is going to have files charged against him. The video is all the proof that they will need.

Vince Young is a complete idiot, IMHO. I have never thought of him as a particularly smart person.

I bet that Goodell is kicking himself for coming down so hard on Big Ben for not being charged with anything. Because now he is going to have to dole out at least four games to Young once he is charged because of the precedent he set with Roethlisberger. If it's not at least four games, then I think that proves he came down hard on Ben because he had to due to Ben being the first white player to be suspended under the Personal Conduct Policy.

Dino 6 Rings
06-14-2010, 12:18 PM
The real punishment for the Titans would be letting this loser start the season! Can't wait to watch them Fail again this year.

Hey Fisher, ONE YARD SHORT! That is your official Legacy you JACKHOLE!

steelerdude15
06-14-2010, 12:19 PM
He should have been charged with assault and not have gotten off with only a citation. If that's not :bs: I don't know what is.

SteelMember
06-14-2010, 12:35 PM
I would say the other guy prompted it but that still doesn't make what Vince Young did right.

If the guy just did his little hand gesture to prompt this... that's pretty weak, imo. He won a championship. What on earth does he need to "prove" to some random idiot.

What probably happened was after the hand gesture got no response the guy went deeper in his bag and said something like, "Hey Vince, there's some guys downstairs asking if you're going to be dancing topless tonight. They're very interested, and also added "drinks are on them... if you know what I mean.""

:chuckle:

But in reality, he probably wasn't that clever and just straight out called him a fag.

Still not good enough reason to lose your cool, and go to blows.

HughC
06-14-2010, 01:21 PM
We play the Titans in week 2. This could affect them if he gets at least a 2 game suspension. Young played well last year and the Steelers wouldn't have to worry about the QB run. Would be pretty strange if both starting QB's were inactive due to suspension instead of injury.
That's a great point, I forgot all about that. Pretty good chance of that happening.

Butch
06-14-2010, 01:48 PM
If the guy just did his little hand gesture to prompt this... that's pretty weak, imo. He won a championship. What on earth does he need to "prove" to some random idiot.

What probably happened was after the hand gesture got no response the guy went deeper in his bag and said something like, "Hey Vince, there's some guys downstairs asking if you're going to be dancing topless tonight. They're very interested, and also added "drinks are on them... if you know what I mean.""

:chuckle:

But in reality, he probably wasn't that clever and just straight out called him a fag.

Still not good enough reason to lose your cool, and go to blows.

I aint makin excuses and couldn't agree more Vince was a bonehead for what he did. The other guy obviously hooked him and reeled him in. Vince should have just kept on walking but instead his pride got in the way. To bad for him and the comish now lets see how it all pans out.

st33lersguy
06-14-2010, 02:00 PM
He should have been charged with assault and not have gotten off with only a citation. If that's not :bs: I don't know what is.

It's political correctness

suitanim
06-14-2010, 03:31 PM
It's not easy scoring a 6 on the wonderlic...takes a special kind of retard to score less than half what you would have scored by simply guessing.

Vince Young is that special kind of retard....

polamalubeast
06-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Cleveland Browns Featured Columnist
Could Vince Young Get the Ben Roethlisberger Treatment?
by Brian DiTullio Written on June 14, 2010
Otto Greule Jr/Getty Images Another day, another quarterback in the news for all the wrong reasons.

Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young was cited for misdemeanor assault at a Dallas strip club Sunday, according to several media reports.

Once again, Roger Goodell will be called into action to ask another star quarterback why he is getting himself into situations that have no good outcomes.

Whether Young is convicted on any charges or not is irrelevant to Goodell, and one only needs to look at what Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is going through to see the merits of that argument.

Roethlisberger was not charged with any crime, but based on witness accounts, some cell phone video and a police investigation, Roethlisberger is suspended for the first six weeks of the season and had to go through a behavioral evaluation.

Roethlisberger's suspension could be reduced to four games, but that is entirely up to Goodell.

Young fits many of the same criteria Roethlisberger fell under when he went before the commissioner in New York. Young has been in trouble before, and this latest incident clearly showed poor judgment, as the video tape depicts.

Young also is a former teammate of Adam "Pacman" Jones, who is the most infamous of Goodell's decisions.

Goodell said before suspending Roethlisberger that his "pattern of behavior" and continued use of "bad judgment" is what brought him to his decision.

Young has been in the papers before for "making it rain" at a Nelly concert last year, and for pictures of him in 2008 chugging tequila from a bottle.

Young lost his job after some bad performances and an even worse attitude before Titans owner Bud Adams ordered his reinstatement after the team's 0-6 start in 2009. Young reclaimed his Pro Bowl image, but now he's back to square one.

Young is now in Goodell's court, and the burden of proof is only a YouTube moment away.

X-Terminator
06-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Could Vince Young Get the Ben Roethlisberger Treatment?

He'd better get the same treatment, or Goodell's credibility goes completely down the shitter.

steeldawg
06-14-2010, 05:44 PM
they just said on espn that suspension is unlikely because vince has handled the situation so well. JOhn clayton said because young so up front anout what happened. I dont think vince could really lie here im mean he was clearly caught on video

steelpride12
06-14-2010, 07:55 PM
He'd better get the same treatment, or Goodell's credibility goes completely down the shitter.
Get ready for it. You know Goodell with give Vince a slap on the wrist.

X-Terminator
06-14-2010, 08:06 PM
they just said on espn that suspension is unlikely because vince has handled the situation so well. JOhn clayton said because young so up front anout what happened. I dont think vince could really lie here im mean he was clearly caught on video

You've got to be fucking kidding me? How the HELL can the league justify that? So let me get this straight...had Ben been "up front" about what happened in Milledgeville, he wouldn't have been suspended? Really??? Way to go, guys. :rolleyes2:

Goodell's NFL is an absolute joke.

The Duke
06-14-2010, 08:22 PM

Welcome to the Roger Goodell Era!

:mad2:

stillers4me
06-14-2010, 09:38 PM
If I recall...Ben was completely upfront about what happened. He called the Steelers right a way. Tomlin said it was very early in the morning ( the middle of the night) when Ben called him. It was only on the advice of his lawyers that he remained silent to the media and the public.

This is complete BS.

Devilsdancefloor
06-14-2010, 09:52 PM
WTF thsi is the same guy who wanted to off himself and was very unstable! He should have to go through the dreaded NFL evaluation before he can join his team! ugh

Shea
06-14-2010, 10:32 PM
:bs:

Goodell opened the can of worms. There's absolutely no way he can close it now. Every player who gets in trouble - ANY kind of trouble - without any charges filed is now subject to the same suspension that Ben got. The bottom line is he allowed public opinion to sway his decision, because the "evidence", as it now appears based on those interviews that were released last week, is shaky at best. Did he deserve a suspension? Yes. But he did not deserve a 6-game suspension, conditional or otherwise. If Young doesn't get more than a game or 2 out of this, it is bullshit, and that's that. No double-standards.

I agree that Goodell has set a precedent in which he now can't back away from.

I personally wouldn't reprimand Young for this - seemed like a pretty harmless scuffle that you see men getting into all the time - but a six game suspension? No way.

My argument is that I think it's ridiculous to compare this incident to Ben's and to demand Young also get the same punishment.

The two aren't in anyway comparable.

stillers4me
06-14-2010, 10:37 PM

I personally wouldn't reprimand Young for this - seemed like a pretty harmless scuffle that you see men getting into all the time - but a six game suspension? No way.

My argument is that I think it's ridiculous to compare this incident to Ben's and to demand Young also get the same punishment.

The point is that Ben's punishment was overkill to the point of ruining our season and other guys are are walking away scott free with no punishment whatsever.

Shea
06-14-2010, 11:11 PM
The point is that Ben's punishment was overkill to the point of ruining our season and other guys are are walking away scott free with no punishment whatsever.

No, don't get me wrong here, I get the point.

Goodell needs to be consistent, but what Young did compared to what Ben has been doing for a few years now isn't comparable.

Sorry, I know I'm the opposing view on this subject, even going back to the SF thread, so I'm going to bow out from this point forward.

I respect everybody's opinion here - mine is just different.

steelerdude15
06-14-2010, 11:49 PM
I think he needs some form of a punishment and so does that Packer and that Colt. I don't care if its a fine (this is Vince) or a one game suspension or whatever, I think he needs to have some form of a punishment. Now for the other two players, I feel it would be fair for them to be suspended even though they haven't been found guilty because this is what happened to Ben. Innocent until proven guilty.

pepsyman1
06-15-2010, 11:12 AM

I don't think that anyone will argue that what Ben was accused of was much more serious than what Vince Young has gotten involved with, BUT Vince Young was actually CHARGED with a crime...Ben wasn't and was still suspended. If Goodell is trying to establish a code of conduct for players in the NFL, I would say getting in a bar fight and then getting charged with a crime warrants a suspension. How long a suspension I won't venture a guess, but to do nothing sends a message that Goodell enforce things only if the media attention is big enough to be worth his time in front of the camera.

BigNastyDefense
06-15-2010, 11:20 AM
The Colts player: Suspended four games

The Packers player: Suspended four games

Why? Because Goodell opened the door for a simple accusation to be cause for a suspension. In the end, Ben Roethlisberger will be suspended only four games.

Vince Young: Three game suspension.

Why? He was actually charged with a crime. What he did is minor compared to what Big Ben and the other two players have been accused of, but he's still charged. If a simple accusation can get you a four to six game suspension, then I say give VY three for his mini-scuffle over some simple words most people would just walk away from. If he is EVER accused of something like this (or anything else again), then it should be an automatic six to eight game suspension.

steeldawg
06-15-2010, 06:40 PM
I love how they are giving vince young props for being upfront about the assault , like the idiot had a choice it was on video.