PDA

View Full Version : Should Ben's lawyers look to settle with McNulty?

zulater
02-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Simple question, if they were approached with a reasonable offer should Ben's lawyers settle with McNulty, as long as there's no admission of guilt?

Don't get me wrong, I think the bitch is nuts and her story doesn't hold water.. But if that case goes to court, even if the jury eventually finds in Ben's favor, I can't help but think there's going to be some testimony that will make Ben look pretty bad, even if it doesn't make him look guilty of rape. So if you can make the whole thing go away for 1 million dollars ( give or take), and space the payments out over a period of time so if McNulty gets chatty you can rescind the remaining payments and have legal recourse to get what you've already paid out back, would you think about it?

I know Ben's haters would jump on any settlement as an admission of guilt, but those people are going to think the worst of Ben no matter what happens with this case. So why worry about them? The reason you would do it in my opinion is to get this whole part of your life behind you once and for all.

Am I wrong? :noidea:

wvsportsman
02-21-2011, 01:14 PM
If it were me and I was innocent of the charge, No way in hell would I settle!

Devilsdancefloor
02-21-2011, 01:38 PM
no!

HometownGal
02-21-2011, 01:47 PM

Bingo. An innocent defendant settling up with a plaintiff (and this particular plaintiff is nuttier than a freakin' fruitcake :der:) only makes the defendant look even more guilty in the public eye and let's face it - Ben is the retina in the public eye right now. If I was in his position, I'd take my chances in court and fight the hoochie bitch.

SteelGhost
02-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Hell NO ! lol

7SteelGal43
02-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Simple question, if they were approached with a reasonable offer should Ben's lawyers settle with McNulty, as long as there's no admission of guilt?

In my mind, a settlement IS an admission of guilt. At the very least, it looks really really bad if someone "pays to make it go away". If you did nothing wrong, I can't see a reason in the world to give the accuser a dime. A long messy trial is a small price to pay to clear your good name.

zulater
02-21-2011, 02:03 PM
In my mind, a settlement IS an admission of guilt. At the very least, it looks really really bad if someone "pays to make it go away". If you did nothing wrong, I can't see a reason in the world to give the accuser a dime. A long messy trial is a small price to pay to clear your good name.

What if that trial could pontentially drag into the season, take Ben away from a week's worth or practice leading into a big game.

And what if it turns out that Ben settled with the girl down in Milledridge? Apparently there is evidence to suggest he may have, and in my opinion if he did so it doesn't say he was guilty, it only says he wanted to play the 2010 season to me.

NJarhead
02-21-2011, 02:03 PM

no!

Bingo. An innocent defendant settling up with a plaintiff (and this particular plaintiff is nuttier than a freakin' fruitcake :der:) only makes the defendant look even more guilty in the public eye and let's face it - Ben is the retina in the public eye right now. If I was in his position, I'd take my chances in court and fight the hoochie bitch.

Hell NO ! lol

Seconded. And just for good measure: "NO!"

NJarhead
02-21-2011, 02:04 PM
What if that trial could pontentially drag into the season, take Ben away from a week's worth or practice leading into a big game.

That's just football. A good lawyer can get a trial scheduled when it's a good time for his client anyway.

zulater
02-21-2011, 02:19 PM
That's just football. A good lawyer can get a trial scheduled when it's a good time for his client anyway.

That's probably true.

I guess what worries me is that being as Ben is countersuing he has to take the stand, and you know damn well McNulty's lawyer is going to come at him from more ways than the Ravens defense. I'm sure they'll introduce "evidence" that has nothing to do with what happened in Nevada, that might not even be allowed by the judge, but will somehow finds it's way to TMZ, Deadspin, and all the other crap "media" outlets.

I mean look at the way the GBI report was spun, anything that suggested Ben was innocent was ignored by the press, while damning accounts from the accuser and her friends were portrayed as if they were brought down from the Mt. by Moses.

I just got this feeling that even if Ben wins the battle, the press will make sure he's the loser of the war.

And hell, I wouldn't even put it past Goodell to figure out a way to punish Ben for something that came into evidence in this trial, even if it's largely refuted.

I'm probably just being paranoid.

Chidi29
02-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Didn't her lawyers already try to settle with Ben? They said he'd have to give them a list of all the women he slept with and donate money to a charity that helps abused women. It was something absurd like that.

zulater
02-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Didn't her lawyers already try to settle with Ben? They said he'd have to give them a list of all the women he slept with and donate money to a charity that helps abused women. It was something absurd like that.

It also included he make an admission of his guilt. Which of course was why Ben's lawyer told them to shove it in no uncertain terms.

Count Steeler
02-21-2011, 02:32 PM
I guess what worries me is that being as Ben is countersuing he has to take the stand, and you know damn well McNulty's lawyer is going to come at him from more ways than the Ravens defense. I'm sure they'll introduce "evidence" that has nothing to do with what happened in Nevada, that might not even be allowed by the judge, but will somehow finds it's way to TMZ, Deadspin, and all the other crap "media" outlets.

Ben has to decide between, what he has in his closet and what he thinks may come out, with putting these episodes behind him once and for all.

First of all, who really takes these "dirt" media outlets seriously.

Second, Ben should make a statement about his past indiscretions, state his course of action for turning his life around and move on.

Third, always appear in the media with his fiance.

Fourth, if he is innocent, fight these accusations all the way.

zulater
02-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Ben has to decide between, what he has in his closet and what he thinks may come out, with putting these episodes behind him once and for all.

First of all, who really takes these "dirt" media outlets seriously.

Second, Ben should make a statement about his past indiscretions, state his course of action for turning his life around and move on.

Third, always appear in the media with his fiance.

Fourth, if he is innocent, fight these accusations all the way.

Great post! :applaudit:

steelerdude15
02-21-2011, 03:27 PM
I'd show her who's boss.

Craic
02-21-2011, 03:43 PM
First- Once again, I see no need to denigrate this woman. IMO, she has experienced some kind of mental break with reality. Saying "the bitch is nuts" due to her actions here is tantamount to using racial slurs towards others who commit crimes. One does not allow for the other.

--As for the case itself. I think Ben finds himself in a strange position. See, he has already been accused a second time, put through public ridicule, sat 4 games, and then came back-seemingly a changed person. Ben can easily at this point, simply say, "I want to put this behind me. This entire issue is part of a period of time which I realize I have made a lot of mistakes personally. While I, in no way believe that I acted inappropriately in this situation, it is simply time to put this period of my life to rest. For that reason, we have settled out of court."

I think you would see the national pundits falling all over themselves praising him. This country LOVES a redemption story-as long as there is some kind of contriteness. By doing that, I think Ben puts himself miles down the road as one of the "Good guys" again. After all, how else do you think Bill Clinton left office with one of the highest approval ratings ever? Punishment, accepting of punishment, and contriteness thereafter.

So, yes. Settle. Everyone has already made up their minds about Ben's past due to the night in Georgia, now, its about helping people make up their minds about the Ben of the now and future.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-21-2011, 03:45 PM

Yeah, but I think it was after there were emails floating around that she was telling friends how great the golf event was that she was working at(and Ben was attending) and how they were going to the Journey concert that night. Seemed in a good mood the day after being allegedly assaulted.

She's just a small town girl, living in a lonely world...............

No, dont settle with her.

Chidi29
02-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Yeah, but I think it was after there were emails floating around that she was telling friends how great the golf event was that she was working at(and Ben was attending) and how they were going to the Journey concert that night. Seemed in a good mood the day after being allegedly assaulted.

She's just a small town girl, living in a lonely world...............

No, dont settle with her.

I'm not defending her. I really don't buy her story and it's been dragged on for so long with little activity it's really in the back of my mind. Much more important things going on.

I'm just pointing out that the settlement route from her side was attempted once without success. I doubt either side goes back to that well again.

Craic
02-21-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm not defending her. I really don't buy her story and it's been dragged on for so long with little activity it's really in the back of my mind. Much more important things going on.

I'm just pointing out that the settlement route from her side was attempted once without success. I doubt either side goes back to that well again.

I'm not sure about that. After all, the press has forgotten all about it. The pressure on Ben concerning the issue is gone (fan pressure, etc.). Unless her lawyer thinks she really has a case, at this point, I think a little "go away and stop bothering me" money would just about do it.

Chidi29
02-21-2011, 04:40 PM
I'm not sure about that. After all, the press has forgotten all about it. The pressure on Ben concerning the issue is gone (fan pressure, etc.). Unless her lawyer thinks she really has a case, at this point, I think a little "go away and stop bothering me" money would just about do it.

I figured a settlement wouldn't happen again because of potential bad blood between the lawyers. After Ben's lawyer said that the offer was ludicrous, I can't see him talking to her side saying, "What do you think about my deal?"

Who knows though. I just want it to be over.

zulater
02-21-2011, 05:11 PM
First- Once again, I see no need to denigrate this woman. IMO, she has experienced some kind of mental break with reality. Saying "the bitch is nuts" due to her actions here is tantamount to using racial slurs towards others who commit crimes. One does not allow for the other.

--As for the case itself. I think Ben finds himself in a strange position. See, he has already been accused a second time, put through public ridicule, sat 4 games, and then came back-seemingly a changed person. Ben can easily at this point, simply say, "I want to put this behind me. This entire issue is part of a period of time which I realize I have made a lot of mistakes personally. While I, in no way believe that I acted inappropriately in this situation, it is simply time to put this period of my life to rest. For that reason, we have settled out of court."

I think you would see the national pundits falling all over themselves praising him. This country LOVES a redemption story-as long as there is some kind of contriteness. By doing that, I think Ben puts himself miles down the road as one of the "Good guys" again. After all, how else do you think Bill Clinton left office with one of the highest approval ratings ever? Punishment, accepting of punishment, and contriteness thereafter.

So, yes. Settle. Everyone has already made up their minds about Ben's past due to the night in Georgia, now, its about helping people make up their minds about the Ben of the now and future.

Good post, but why didn't you vote for option 1?

But regardless, you hit on some great points, in your second paragraph you expressed my position way better than I was able to. :doh: :chuckle:

Seriously for the reasons you so succinctly laid out I think there's more than a fair chance that Ben will end up settling this case, and I would hope no one who's currently stating that Ben should fight it out will abandon him or think him guilty if he chooses to do so.

Whether it's what we would do or not it's something that I feel his lawyers and perhaps even the Steelers would advise him to do if the right deal can be struck.

zulater
02-21-2011, 05:12 PM
I figured a settlement wouldn't happen again because of potential bad blood between the lawyers. After Ben's lawyer said that the offer was ludicrous, I can't see him talking to her side saying, "What do you think about my deal?"

Who knows though. I just want it to be over.

Lawyers go through that shit all the time, it's more about posturing than anything personal.

Godfather
02-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Ben should fight the Nevada suit all the way.

If I remember correctly, McNutty left a long trail of self-incriminating chats and emails, and the computer records blow up her timeline (she was sending emails from her work account when she claims she was crying in her truck). It'll be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Psycho Ward 86
02-21-2011, 05:40 PM
If Ben submits to that bitch he's only disproving his innocence. Make her pay for her stupidity!

stillers4me
02-21-2011, 05:53 PM
The Nevadas accusation is directly responsible for the Georgia incident. (Yes, Ben is guilty of bad judgement, we all agree on that)

The point is, that the Georgia girls' friend was kicked out of the bar for calling Ben a rapist because of what happened in Nevada. She is the one that pushed the accuser into going to the police, the hospital, and kept insisting that she was raped, even though the accuser initially said she wasn't.

I don't think the Georgia incident ever happens if the Nevada girl hadn't made up the story that she did. So, NO, Ben should not settle.

zulater
02-21-2011, 05:54 PM
If Ben submits to that bitch he's only disproving his innocence. Make her pay for her stupidity!

I'm sure that would be many people's take on it, but I don't think that makes it so. Settling is all about avoiding a trial, a trial that while it may prove you innocent of the allegations, still would put you in an embarrasing position and force you to put voice to things better left unsaid.

zulater
02-21-2011, 05:55 PM
The Nevadas accusation is directly responsible for the Georgia incident. (Yes, Ben is guilty of bad judgement, we all agree on that)

The point is, that the Georgia girls' friend was kicked out of the bar for calling Ben a rapist because of what happened in Nevada. She is the one that pushed the accuser into going to the police, the hospital, and kept insisting that she was raped, even though the accuser initially said she wasn't.

I don't think the Georgia incident ever happens if the Nevada girl hadn't made up the story that she did. So, NO, Ben should not settle.

I think you're right.

HometownGal
02-21-2011, 06:30 PM

I see every reason to call her out for the vicious, conniving, money-grubbing bitch she has proven herself to be and I refuse to play into her poor pity me victim game. The only settlement this witch deserves is a swift kick in her ass on her way to the looney bin for conjuring up her own little get rich quick fairy tale at the expense of another human being's reputation and almost his career.

Psycho Ward 86
02-21-2011, 06:34 PM
I'm sure that would be many people's take on it, but I don't think that makes it so. Settling is all about avoiding a trial, a trial that while it may prove you innocent of the allegations, still would put you in an embarrasing position and force you to put voice to things better left unsaid.

I know what you mean, but Ben has to be adamant in his stance on this whole issue. He really shouldn't give people even a sniff of suspicion that he commited a crime that more than likely never happened

zulater
02-21-2011, 06:47 PM
I see every reason to call her out for the vicious, conniving, money-grubbing bitch she has proven herself to be and I refuse to play into her poor pity me victim game. The only settlement this witch deserves is a swift kick in her ass on her way to the looney bin for conjuring up her own little get rich quick fairy tale at the expense of another human being's reputation and almost his career.

While I agreed with the points Preacher made with the second paragraph of his post, I've got to say I'm inclined to agree with your point here as well Marianne. As always, you have a way with words that cuts right to the quick! :chuckle:

I don't know when this case will finally be adjudicated. I'm not even sure if Ben's legal team is successfull with their appeal for change of venue, that perhaps a different court will toss the case altogether? Honestly given the facts as we know them I have no idea why the case is even deserving the court's attention? In a way I think the judge who refused to toss this case is as guilty as McNulty.

But regardless if the case is allowed to proceed I think we should all be prepared for any eventuality, including one that has Ben settling before the case goes to court. And if that happens, I hope those of us that support him will continue to do so and recognize that a setlement isn't tantamount to an admission of guilt, but merely a way to leave the past in the past and move on with the rest of his life.

Of course there's always the possibilty that the case will go to trial and Ben and his legal team will completely blow McNulty and her lawyer out of the water with such a slam dunk case that no reasonable person will doubt in the slightest Ben's innocence in this case.

That of course is what I hope for!

beSteelmyheart
02-21-2011, 06:52 PM

And what if it turns out that Ben settled with the girl down in Milledridge? Apparently there is evidence to suggest he may have, and in my opinion if he did so it doesn't say he was guilty, it only says he wanted to play the 2010 season to me.
If you look at it another way, last season he missed 4 games, practices & all & look where they ended up!lol
He needs to fight it & countersue for defamation of character or slander..something like that.

HometownGal
02-21-2011, 07:11 PM
While I agreed with the points Preacher made with the second paragraph of his post, I've got to say I'm inclined to agree with your point here as well Marianne. As always, you have a way with words that cuts right to the quick! :chuckle:

I don't know when this case will finally be adjudicated. I'm not even sure if Ben's legal team is successfull with their appeal for change of venue, that perhaps a different court will toss the case altogether? Honestly given the facts as we know them I have no idea why the case is even deserving the court's attention? In a way I think the judge who refused to toss this case is as guilty as McNulty.

But regardless if the case is allowed to proceed I think we should all be prepared for any eventuality, including one that has Ben settling before the case goes to court. And if that happens, I hope those of us that support him will continue to do so and recognize that a setlement isn't tantamount to an admission of guilt, but merely a way to leave the past in the past and move on with the rest of his life.

Of course there's always the possibilty that the case will go to trial and Ben and his legal team will completely blow McNulty and her lawyer out of the water with such a slam dunk case that no reasonable person will doubt in the slightest Ben's innocence in this case.

That of course is what I hope for!

I agree with what you're saying here Zu. :drink: I just get so torqued off when I hear people actually feeling sorry for this attention seeking, gold-digging trollop. I understand the legal posturings all too well having worked as a paralegal most of my life, but in this case, I just don't like it.

Maybe I was just raised differently, as I find it appalling that any woman could sink so low and have no qualms whatsoever attempting to ruin a man's reputation and career to line her pocketbook. My conscience would never allow me to do something like this and I'd be too afraid of God's wrath on my judgment day. Of course we don't know all of the facts, but it appears that Ben and McBeaver had some consensual poon-tang and she smelled Ben's wallet as she was pulling down his zipper.

pepsyman1
02-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Ben should fight the Nevada suit all the way.

If I remember correctly, McNutty left a long trail of self-incriminating chats and emails, and the computer records blow up her timeline (she was sending emails from her work account when she claims she was crying in her truck). It'll be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Yep...bragging to friends and co-workers about Ben...timeline out of whack...all a big pile of garbage. I HOPE Ben's lawyer gets to rip all that crap apart. If it went to court and Ben's lawyer gets to cross examine her, I think it discredits the claims against Ben in general.

zulater
02-21-2011, 07:28 PM
I agree with what you're saying here Zu. :drink: I just get so torqued off when I hear people actually feeling sorry for this attention seeking, gold-digging trollop. I understand the legal posturings all too well having worked as a paralegal most of my life, but in this case, I just don't like it.

Maybe I was just raised differently, as I find it appalling that any woman could sink so low and have no qualms whatsoever attempting to ruin a man's reputation and career to line her pocketbook. My conscience would never allow me to do something like this and I'd be too afraid of God's wrath on my judgment day. Of course we don't know all of the facts, but it appears that Ben and McBeaver had some consensual poon-tang and she smelled Ben's wallet as she was pulling down his zipper.

I think it was more a case of unrequited love and lust for revenge than greed. But still, great post as usual! :thumbsup:

stillers4me
02-21-2011, 09:52 PM
She had "medical bills" she couldn't pay regarding her "mental collapse" after her breakup with "Ben the soldier" and figured Ben, the quarterback was her mealticket.

steelreserve
02-21-2011, 11:14 PM
Can someone explain to me how this is still going on? Don't they need to at least make some kind of attempt to move the case forward in, what is it ... 3 years now? Or does that not count because it's crazy-people years?

Craic
02-21-2011, 11:51 PM

Once again, neither of us were there. I find the fact that someone can pass judgment from 1500 miles or farther, and then dehumanize a person based on nothing more than opinion quite sad. I also find it quite instructive how seemingly both women were 1. Bitches 2. Ho's, 3. Get Rich Schemers 4. deserving of payback. Either Ben is the unluckiest guy in the world, or there is a bit of "my idiot is better than your idiot" going on here.

Excuse me if I think it is foolish to degrade someone else based on nothing more than opinion and protection of my hometown hero (HTG-no pun was intended on your name, I just couldn't figure out another way of succinctly saying it-I just wanted to clarify :thumbsup: )

HometownGal
02-22-2011, 06:09 AM
Once again, neither of us were there. I find the fact that someone can pass judgment from 1500 miles or farther, and then dehumanize a person based on nothing more than opinion quite sad. I also find it quite instructive how seemingly both women were 1. Bitches 2. Ho's, 3. Get Rich Schemers 4. deserving of payback. Either Ben is the unluckiest guy in the world, or there is a bit of "my idiot is better than your idiot" going on here.

Excuse me if I think it is foolish to degrade someone else based on nothing more than opinion and protection of my hometown hero (HTG-no pun was intended on your name, I just couldn't figure out another way of succinctly saying it-I just wanted to clarify :thumbsup: )

You are entitled to your opinion, Father, as I am entitled to mine. I find it sad that someone can ignore some of the statements made by this "woman" herself after the fact which have been well documented, buy into her bullshit, feel oh so sorry for her and expect others to do the same. This has nothing to do with Ben being a "hometown hero" - it has everything to do with common sense and being able to see clearly what this woman is attempting to do. If this was Joe Schmo from West Bumboozle, I'd feel exactly the same way. If you want to continue to crucify Ben for having consensual sex in the privacy of his hotel room and place this conniving little bitch on the victim pedestal, have at it. McNutjob's story has reeked of lies and money grubbing from the start and I hope she doesn't get one red cent.

zulater
02-22-2011, 06:30 AM
I think that when you see so many of this woman's "friends" and coworkers completely contradict what she has to say, and realizing such McNulty tries to implicate them along with her employer as co-consprirators, well it's pretty bizzare and stretches the limits of credibility past it's breaking point imo.

That's why I think if this case tries out the way I think it will if it ever finds it's way into court then the judge who allowed the case to proceed should be held accountable in some way as well. Obviously frivilous lawsuits are a societal problem, and those that enable them are equally as guilty as those that file them and should pay with their jobs perhaps?

GodfatherofSoul
02-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Ben is insane if he settles. He got duped into "settling" with the league and got treated like a rapist. It sucks, but there's reality and there's public perception. The only thing to do is to drag this out in court, get the very damning evidence against this woman exposed, and clear his name.

siss
02-22-2011, 11:12 AM
The time to settle would have been when he was first sued. Now he has to see it through.

This case has wreaked of a money grab from the very beginning. She waited a year to say anything. And only after her medical bills mounted. Thats a victim right there. It makes me sick. I have said it before and I will say it again, Rape is a heinous crime. But crying false rape for your own gain is just as bad. I don't care who you are or what team you play for. Furthermore, Ben is not the first athlete to be accused of rape in civil court. It is not uncommon for women to make these claims, get money from these men and go and do it to another man. It happens all the time. And the guys pay it to protect their reputation.

I hope Ben does fight it. And I hope he wins and not because he plays for the steelers. And hopefully it will give money grabbing whores something to think about. Plus I think with Ben's rep. in the gutter he has nothing more to lose (well except money) and everything to gain by fighting it at this point.

smokin3000gt
02-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Hell no.. if it was me, I would prove my innocence. Then I would most likely go after her for slander, defamation of character, ect. It was far too easy for this goofy bitch to the crap on the wall to see what sticks with nothing to lose.

SteelerEmpire
02-22-2011, 12:39 PM
No. Drive her into the ground and make an example out of her... "Just say no" to evil .

Craic
02-22-2011, 04:02 PM
You are entitled to your opinion, Father, as I am entitled to mine. I find it sad that someone can ignore some of the statements made by this "woman" herself after the fact which have been well documented, buy into her bullshit, feel oh so sorry for her and expect others to do the same. This has nothing to do with Ben being a "hometown hero" - it has everything to do with common sense and being able to see clearly what this woman is attempting to do. If this was Joe Schmo from West Bumboozle, I'd feel exactly the same way. If you want to continue to crucify Ben for having consensual sex in the privacy of his hotel room and place this conniving little bitch on the victim pedestal, have at it. McNutjob's story has reeked of lies and money grubbing from the start and I hope she doesn't get one red cent.

HTG-

I in no way want to "crucify Ben" for what he did or didn't do. I have said so myself, that I think in this case, he is pretty much innocent. I also have said, from day one, that it sounds like she has had a psychological break from reality-and is now reacting to it. A very close friend's wife became a paranoid schizophrenic in her early-thirties. It was one of the saddest things to watch. A Complete break from reality. I don't think its to that degree here, however, when you look back on ALL the things she said after the encounter, and ALL the things that happened after the encounter, it is what makes the most sense. My friends wife accused him of some terrible things. In the end they were so outlandish that no one could believe them (govt. agents took over his body to get her). Now, what if she had accused him of sexual molesting or raping her? What if she accused a ball player of that? Maybe someone she saw and had a conversation with at a bar. Would that make her a "conniving little bitch" or a victim of a mental disorder?

For that reason, and others (which has also been argued much on a previous forum which shall not be mentioned), I just think it is wrong to cast unfounded accusations.

steeldawg
02-22-2011, 06:15 PM
HTG-

I in no way want to "crucify Ben" for what he did or didn't do. I have said so myself, that I think in this case, he is pretty much innocent. I also have said, from day one, that it sounds like she has had a psychological break from reality-and is now reacting to it. A very close friend's wife became a paranoid schizophrenic in her early-thirties. It was one of the saddest things to watch. A Complete break from reality. I don't think its to that degree here, however, when you look back on ALL the things she said after the encounter, and ALL the things that happened after the encounter, it is what makes the most sense. My friends wife accused him of some terrible things. In the end they were so outlandish that no one could believe them (govt. agents took over his body to get her). Now, what if she had accused him of sexual molesting or raping her? What if she accused a ball player of that? Maybe someone she saw and had a conversation with at a bar. Would that make her a "conniving little bitch" or a victim of a mental disorder?

For that reason, and others (which has also been argued much on a previous forum which shall not be mentioned), I just think it is wrong to cast unfounded accusations.

Unfounded accusations? You mean like accusing someone of rape without any proof and then have the media crucify that person and demand a life change and holding a person accountable for a crime they were never proven of even committing? Do you mean like that? Does she have a mental disorder? I dont know, but if she did wouldnt it be fair to ben after three years to say hey shes crazy and doesnt understand what she is saying rather than keep dragging his name through the mud as a rapist?

BigNastyDefense
02-22-2011, 06:23 PM
No way in hell!

Ben's suspension had more to do with Georgia than it did Nevada. If he settles to just avoid court, it will look as an admission of guilt and will "tarnish the shield". He could possibly face another suspension under the whacked out logic of Roger (no)Goodell.

Not to mention, all the money he has already paid in his defense of this, he should see it through. I say put that crazy bitch through the ringer and make it cost her every red fucking cent. She's a crazy lying whore, and this case is so big in the public eye that it hurts every single true case of rape that gets reported.

HometownGal
02-22-2011, 06:31 PM
HTG-

OK - say she is having a "mental break from reality". She should be in a psychiatric hospital's rubber room rather than in a court room taking up the valuable time of a Judge and jury and leaving Ben's reputation (and in the grand scheme of things - his career) hanging out to dry on a vicious bullshit get rich quick scheme.

I'm truly sorry about your friend's wife, but I don't believe for one minute that this woman is suffering from anything more than Slutsophrenia and Golddiggeritis.

zulater
02-22-2011, 06:45 PM
OK - say she is having a "mental break from reality". She should be in a psychiatric hospital's rubber room rather than in a court room taking up the valuable time of a Judge and jury and leaving Ben's reputation (and in the grand scheme of things - his career) hanging out to dry on a vicious bullshit get rich quick scheme.

I'm truly sorry about your friend's wife, but I don't believe for one minute that this woman is suffering from anything more than Slutsophenia and Golddiggeritis.

Like I've said before, if the charges prove to be as frivilous as we think, shouldn't the judge who allowed the case to proceed be subject to some sort of sanctions?

Stlrs4Life
02-22-2011, 07:47 PM

Exactly. No way I settle either.

fansince'76
02-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Like I've said before, if the charges prove to be as frivilous as we think, shouldn't the judge who allowed the case to procede be subject to some sort of sanctions?

Yep. This thing should have been thrown out of court over a year ago.

HometownGal
02-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Like I've said before, if the charges prove to be as frivilous as we think, shouldn't the judge who allowed the case to procede be subject to some sort of sanctions?

One would think.

Wouldn't it be funny as hell if this case was going before Judge Judy? :rofl: :lol: She would tear her head off and shit down the hole. :lol:

steelerrob
02-23-2011, 03:14 AM
The Patriots* suck and Tom Brady is gay.

SteelerEmpire
02-23-2011, 09:46 AM
Yep. This thing should have been thrown out of court over a year ago.

Bingo. If Ben's lawyer had even moderate pull in that court system he (Ben's lawyer) could have had it thrown out as soon as it was deemed she really didn't have a case, "especially" since this case falls under "he said-she said" evidence. I don't know what the financial upside is for his lawyer, but we all know that "freedom is not free" and "justice is for sale"... I see good ol' "capitalism" in play as possibly the major reason this case is still on the docket.