PDA

View Full Version : Ben, Hines, plan offseason qb-wr workouts

zulater
02-21-2011, 11:07 AM
http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2011/02/roethlisberger-ward-plan-off-season.html

If there is a lockout, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and wide receiver Hines Ward have discussed holding some passing camps during the off-season, reports Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Ward turns 35 next month, but leading Mike Wallace and 2010 draft choices Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown are all under 25. They're development would be negatively affected by a prolonged work stoppage.

"We have to," Ward said recently. "It's more for the younger guys. They won't have any workout programs. A lot of those guys have been going since the combine last year, training hard and then going 28 weeks of football."

Ward's plan includes workouts in Pittsburgh and each of the receivers' hometowns during the off-season.

:thumbsup:

86WARD
02-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Devil's Advocate: All the off season workouts are great for all these teams until one of the players has a freak accident and gets injured...

How would that be handled?

zulater
02-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Devil's Advocate: All the off season workouts are great for all these teams until one of the players has a freak accident and gets injured...

How would that be handled?

If I can afford insurance I'm guessing they can too?

SteelerEmpire
02-21-2011, 11:49 AM
...Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and wide receiver Hines Ward have discussed holding some passing camps during the off-season, reports Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette...

That's what I'm talkin about !!!:thumbsup::rockon:

Count Steeler
02-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Commitment to winning. I love it. Sounds like our guys are HUNGRY! I hope we have a season. What do ya say, Rob-er Goodell?

steelerdude15
02-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Good to see they'll be busy this offseason.

steeldevil
02-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Well I would hope they wouldn't just sit on their asses for a whole year...