View Full Version : Stadium Ranking - Heinz Field #4

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
02-20-2011, 01:52 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110217_ranking_the_nfl_stadiums

4. Heinz Field (Pittsburgh Steelers)

Seating Capacity: 65,050
Playing Surface: Grass
Opened: 2001

Heinz has only been open for ten years, so the history doesn’t run too deep. But the Steelers have won two Super Bowl bowls since making the move from Three Rivers Stadium, something 21 NFL teams can’t say they’ve achieved in their entire history.

Pittsburgh is one of the great football cities in America. If you’re looking for a good time, book a hotel in the downtown area on Saturday and valet the car, because you can get everywhere you need to go by walking or taking a cab. The parking at the stadium is limited, but you can hit McFadden’s before the game to get tuned up prior to kickoff.

If you disagree with Heinz Field being rated this high, you’ve never been there in a crucial third-down situation with the 65,000+ faithful in attendance all waving their Terrible Towels trying to help their defense get a stop. It’s an awesome sight.

Craic
02-20-2011, 03:09 AM
Wow-

They skip the open end-
the Beautiful view of the Western hills and River-
The two spirals that are usually lined with people who want a different view-and stand cheering throughout the game.
The beautiful "club Seating" area with the enclosed floor to ceiling glass- Perfect if you have a family (and the money to pay for everyone-but that's a different subject).

Oh yeah, 2 more things.
1. They don't have a gaudy TV screen hanging in the middle of the stadium that deflects punts and
2. When Stadium workers put in extra seats- THEY FINISH ON TIME.

Galax Steeler
02-20-2011, 05:55 AM
Congrats to Pittsburgh.

Count Steeler
02-20-2011, 06:02 AM
Add to Bucket List: See Steelers play at home, regular season and playoffs.

HometownGal
02-20-2011, 06:50 AM
Excellent! :applaudit:

Though the view at the open end is breathtaking and the seats more comfortable, I'm a TRS kind of gal. Any football stadium where you can actually hear yourself think isn't the "true Steelers experience" imho and was one of the things I loved (and miss) about TRS so much. It was sooooo defeaning in there that I couldn't hear the person next to me and so bitterly cold during the winter games with that swirling wind inside the stadium that I was frozen numb when the game was over! That's football weather! :rockon: I was heartbroken when it was imploded. :Cry:

SMR
02-20-2011, 07:40 AM
Add to Bucket List: See Steelers play at home, regular season and playoffs.

That's a great list! I've been to BOTH of those games and I'll never forget them as long as I live! I've always felt Heinz Field should be in the top five on the list. MAJOR KUDOS!!

steeldevil
02-20-2011, 09:46 AM
Well deserved!!

stillers4me
02-20-2011, 10:11 AM
I've only been to 2 stadiums - Heinz Field and Paul Brown Stadium. PBS is a dump. We never refer to it as "The Jungle". At our house, it's called "The Litterbox". I can't believe it rated as high as 23.

23. Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati Bengals (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/cin/))

Seating Capacity: 65,790
Playing Surface: FieldTurf
Opened: 2000

The traveling circus known as the Cincinnati Bengals rarely give their fans anything to cheer about. Since opening its doors in 2000, Paul Brown Stadium has hosted just two playoff games, with both of them predictably resulting in a loss.

However, PBS is located in downtown Cincinnati and offers a pretty decent few of the city skyline. Additionally, if your stadium carries the nickname, “The Jungle,” you definitely deserve some respect.

Overall, the venue is nice and the fans are pretty solid, but the place lacks historical significance and can probably get pretty miserable late in the season when the Bengals are getting cracked.

Bonus Points: Somehow, Paul Brown Stadium made the list of “America’s favorite 150 buildings and structures,” per the team website. I’m not sure whether to laugh or cry.

steelerdude15
02-20-2011, 10:52 PM
The new Giants stadium shouldn't be in the top ten, a lot of New Yorkers complain that the stadium is worse than the old Meadowlands. The view is bad, the walkways are much smaller, etc.

XxKnightxX
02-20-2011, 11:44 PM
The new Giants stadium shouldn't be in the top ten, a lot of New Yorkers complain that the stadium is worse than the old Meadowlands. The view is bad, the walkways are much smaller, etc.

I went to the Steeler vs Giants and 2 other Giants game and it is an ABSOLUTE Disaster. The parking horrible as always you gotta take shuttles. Unless you take the train or have a car then good luck because walking there is basically impossible. Also the First 2 sections are very nice from the lower to Mezzazine, But the Upper sections you might as well be able to see through the fans, the tight ass seats, and having stair and other section obstructions. Not as impressive. And to top it off with all those entrances to the stadium, when the games end you only get 2 EXIT pathways. Security basically shuts down the other exits and it creates a massive traffic jam. They shutt off the escalators going down as well since one time they exploded and a guys leg got blown off.

I was over in NM with the NJ State Police Bomb Squad and Security personnel for the Stadium and they explained how its been almost a year since they got selected to host the Super Bowl and they dont have the slightest Idea of what to do in there. Im not too thrilled of having a Super Bowl being hosted 15 mins from where I live. Traffic is so bad as it is I cant Imagine when the flood of Media and tourists come.

SMR
02-21-2011, 07:25 AM
I'm shocked someone rated JerryWorld at #2 even knowing the fiasco that was during Super Bowl XLV!! Imaginary seats, horrible sightlines, unhappy fans, etc....

Example of the JerryWorld seating:

http://i54.tinypic.com/qnp7b4.jpg

THIS stadium got ranked as high as #2???????!!!!!!!!!

A billion dollar wasteland!

Count Steeler
02-21-2011, 07:26 AM
Not to mention the turf that causes injuries by just looking at it. Jerryworld is a farce from beginning to end.

SMR
02-21-2011, 07:28 AM
Not to mention the turf that causes injuries by just looking at it. Jerryworld is a farce from beginning to end.

Indeed. But I had just remembered something...it's America's Team. So I guess they get a free pass at anything. :noidea:

Count Steeler
02-21-2011, 07:32 AM
Indeed. But I had just remembered something...it's America's Team. So I guess they get a free pass at anything. :noidea:

The NFL was investigating the turf at Heinz field, but they need to do something about that tarmack in Jerry's world. The NFLPA should put that type of turf on its banned substances list. That field is a death trap.

SMR
02-21-2011, 07:56 AM
The NFL was investigating the turf at Heinz field, but they need to do something about that tarmack in Jerry's world. The NFLPA should put that type of turf on its banned substances list. That field is a death trap.

I agree.

SMR
02-21-2011, 07:56 AM
I'll take grass over turf every freakin' time!