PDA

View Full Version : 5 rd Mock Draft

KeiselPower99
02-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Was looking around earlier and found a 5 rd mock from Walterfootball.com thought Id post it and see what yall think.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers: Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
I've been hesitant to mock a cornerback to the Steelers because like the Colts with defensive tackles, they just don't put much value into the position.

However, there are three things to consider: First, there are no offensive linemen available who fit Pittsburgh's blocking scheme. Second, Brandon Harris is the top player available. Harris is a talented corner who had a great regular season, but struggled in his team's winter exhibition game against Michael Floyd.

And third, the Super Bowl loss to Green Bay really exposed a huge liability in Dick LeBeau's defense. Outside of upgrading the offensive line, the No. 1 thing Pittsburgh needs to do this offseason is find cornerback help.

Pittsburgh Steelers: Marcus Cannon, G, TCU
There's a lot of uncertainty for the Steelers on the offensive line. Left tackle Max Starks is coming off neck surgery. Right tackle Willie Colon, a free agent in March, suffered a torn Achilles in July. Flozell Adams, meanwhile, will turn 36 a month after the 2011 NFL Draft. There's also a huge void at right guard.

95.Pittsburgh Steelers: Nate Irving, ILB, N.C. State
James Farrior had a great year, but he just turned 36. The Steelers will need to find a successor soon. Nate Irving is the best player available.

127.Pittsburgh Steelers: James Brewer, OT, Indiana
The Steelers need more than one upgrade on the offensive front this season. A new tackle would really help, and James Brewer fits into the blocking scheme perfectly.

159.Pittsburgh Steelers: Chris Carter, DE/OLB, Fresno State
The Steelers usually feel obligated to draft a rush linebacker every year. That's just their M.O.

7willBheaven
02-27-2011, 02:37 PM
I think I like his newest one better (dated 2-23-11):

1st

Pittsburgh Steelers: Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
If one of the first-round offensive tackles is available, I expect the Steelers to pull the trigger.

Pittsburgh needs to improve its pass protection; Ben Roethlisberger can only take so much abuse. Max Starks is coming off an injury, while Willie Colon is a free agent. Even if both make it back to the lineup, either Colon or Derek Sherrod can kick inside to seal a huge hole at right guard.

2nd

Pittsburgh Steelers: Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
The Super Bowl loss to Green Bay really exposed a huge liability in Dick LeBeau's defense. Outside of upgrading the offensive line, the No. 1 thing Pittsburgh needs to do this offseason is find cornerback help.

3rd

Pittsburgh Steelers: Sione Fua, NT, Stanford
Casey Hampton, 34, saw a reduction in playing time last season. The Steelers will need to find his successor sometime soon.

4th

Pittsburgh Steelers: Richard Sherman, CB/FS, Stanford
The Steelers will probably draft multiple cornerbacks this April. Richard Sherman was an impressive player at the Senior Bowl. He can play both corner and free safety.

5th

Pittsburgh Steelers: Jah Reid, OT/G, Central Florida
Pittsburgh needs more than one upgrade on the offensive front this season. A new guard would really help, and Jah Reid fits into the blocking scheme perfectly.

--------------------------------

I think this is his best mock so far...in the first 4 rounds he addresses 4 of the biggest needs, OL, CB, DL, S. Not sure about the 5th round pick...dont know much about him...but if he can play G too...then great. Some alternatives for the 5th round pick could be an LB, K (Henery), FB (the one from Pitt) or a decent TE. But I'd be happy with any of them or a decent OLer...especially if the first 4 rounds went something like that.

steelersfanman92
02-28-2011, 06:47 PM
I prefer the second one but I do like the James Brewer pick from the first one. He is a good player and could see him starting after a few years.

steelerdude15
02-28-2011, 11:00 PM
And third, the Super Bowl loss to Green Bay really exposed a huge liability in Dick LeBeau's defense. Outside of upgrading the offensive line, the No. 1 thing Pittsburgh needs to do this offseason is find cornerback help.
I would still like the Steelers to draft a OL men in the first round, but if we lose Ike to free agency, we'll have to get a corner in the first round.

steelerdude15
02-28-2011, 11:01 PM
I would still like the Steelers to draft a OL men in the first round, but if we lose Ike to free agency, we'll have to get a corner in the first round.

7willBheaven
02-28-2011, 11:35 PM
I prefer the second one but I do like the James Brewer pick from the first one. He is a good player and could see him starting after a few years.

I've been hearing this name come up more and more lately...dont know much about yet him personally.

NCSteeler
02-28-2011, 11:38 PM
If Peterson slides down the board some, anyone see us trading up? I personally think he should be the first or second player off the board, but if he slides to five could you imagine a blockbuster trade of Woodley to AZ to swap #5 for #31?

LLT
03-01-2011, 10:02 AM
If Peterson slides down the board some, anyone see us trading up? I personally think he should be the first or second player off the board, but if he slides to five could you imagine a blockbuster trade of Woodley to AZ to swap #5 for #31?

Hmmm...not sure about that. Teams rarely trade a known quantity for an unk quantity unless there is an ongoing personality conflict or age concerns.

Woodley is a young "team player" and I dont see any situation in which we would trade him.

7willBheaven
03-01-2011, 11:04 AM

No