PDA

View Full Version : Colbert: Second isn't good enough

stillers4me
02-18-2011, 05:21 PM
On the issue of the Steelers 2010 season, Kevin Colbert is not conflicted. Not at all. It is said that professional sports is a bottom-line business, and the Steelers director of football operations is a bottom-line guy.

“As I have said, we were good enough for second, but second’s not good enough,” said Colbert. “We were one play away from being a World Champion, but we can’t go into next year thinking we’re one play away. We have to start over.”

In the immediate aftermath of a 2009 season that ended with a 9-7 record and no spot in the playoffs, Colbert offered a blunt assessment of the team. In it, he said he viewed the 2009 Steelers, despite being just months removed from the sixth championship in franchise history, to be exactly what their record indicated – a mediocre team not good enough to squeeze into the playoffs.

One calendar year later, Colbert has not deviated from the method he uses to evaluate a particular Steelers team’s performance in a given season, no matter how harsh is may seem.................

Read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Colbert-Second-isnt-good-enough/60d06f6d-9c30-402c-aaa3-7bef955a504b

Count Steeler
02-18-2011, 06:41 PM
It is what it is. But this year has nothing do to with next year. All teams start fresh at 0-0. I hope our guys are just a little bit hungrier and ornier then the rest of the pack.

BigNastyDefense
02-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Second place isn't good enough.

The only people that remember second place are the ones that won first place, the fans of the first place team, the second place team, and the fans of the second place team.

Dino 6 Rings
02-23-2011, 09:19 AM
Winning isn't everything but LOSING SUCKS!!!!

ALLD
02-23-2011, 03:58 PM
The feeling from losing the Super Bowl is eclipsed by only a few things in one's own personal life. Joe Greene hated losing more than he liked winning. I understand.

Dino 6 Rings
02-25-2011, 10:33 PM
yeah, 2nd still Sucks!