PDA

View Full Version : Keisel to shave beard to benefit Childrens Hospital.

zulater
02-18-2011, 01:57 AM
Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel will finally shave his beard on Feb. 24 at an event to raise funds for UPMC's Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh.

Keisel will be shaved by celebrity barbers beginning at 7 p.m at the Diesel Club Lounge, 1601 East Carson St. He has said he decided to let his beard and hair grow at the Steelers' minicamp in late spring to change the team's luck after it missed the playoffs last season.

Doors will open at 6 p.m.. Food and door prizes will be included. Tickets are available for a $25 donation to Children's Hospital and can be ordered by visiting http://www.showclix.com/event/shearthebeard .

:thumbsup:

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11048/1126127-100.stm#ixzz1EIMM0H7r

Craic
02-18-2011, 02:03 AM
:chuckle:

It is quite funny how that whole story took on a life of its own. Glad he's using it to do some good. Keisel just seems like the next door neighbor good guy. The one that'll lone you a wrench, but only after he asked what you need it for, and do you need any help fixing it.

solardave
02-18-2011, 02:38 AM
:chuckle:

It is quite funny how that whole story took on a life of its own. Glad he's using it to do some good. Keisel just seems like the next door neighbor good guy. The one that'll lone you a wrench, but only after he asked what you need it for, and do you need any help fixing it.

I agree. When I saw him step off of the plane in Dallas I thought he looks like Ben in disguise.

HometownGal
02-18-2011, 05:43 AM
Keisel just seems like the next door neighbor good guy. The one that'll lone you a wrench, but only after he asked what you need it for, and do you need any help fixing it.

Oh he definitely comes across that way! :lol: I think we'd all love to have the Diesel as a neighbor. The only thing, though, is that I would worry that his beard would strangle my outdoor plants. :heh:

What a great event for Childrens Hospital! :drink: Brett!

KeiselPower99
02-18-2011, 02:58 PM
I was hoping the beard wasnt gonna be taken down in a bathroom in the Keisel fortress. Its a great thing for him to do for charity.