PDA

View Full Version : Injuries test Sepulveda's patience, faith

stillers4me
02-17-2011, 05:43 AM
Fate has dealt Daniel Sepulveda some tough times in recent years. And with the NFL's labor dispute getting uglier by the moment, more adversity could be on the way. But none of that has made the Steelers' twice injured punter a bitter man.

"God is good, isn't he?" Sepulveda said with a smile as he stood before a gathering of 3,000 or so students, faculty and staff at Geneva College.

Sepulveda came to Geneva as the guest speaker for the college's weekly chapel service at Metheny Field House. He does 20-to-30 of these speaking engagements each year. But his appearance at Geneva was his first since missing the Super Bowl for the second time in three years..............

read more @ http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/injuries-test-sepulveda-s-patience-faith/article_a50780f8-3a4f-11e0-a58d-00127992bc8b.html

HometownGal
02-17-2011, 06:19 AM
I love Danny's inner patience, fortitude, and his faith in the Lord. He's a good person and when healthy, a damned good punter, but I don't know that the Steelers are going to want to take another chance on him if there is a 2011 NFL season as he has proven he is injury prone. :noidea: Kapinos came in and did a bang-up job and though I love DSep to pieces, I'm leaning towards letting him take a shot at FA.

43Hitman
02-17-2011, 09:46 AM
Ya, I think we need to stay with Kappy. I appreciate what Sep did while healthy, but its not to often you find a replacement punter in the middle of the season that can do what Kappy did.

Galax Steeler
02-18-2011, 04:04 AM
As much as I like him it is time for him to move on and as far as I am concerned keep the one we got.