PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark - Sports Radio Transcript

crcsnail
02-17-2011, 01:15 AM
On the field, he’s a hard-hitting strong safety. Off the field, he’s a highly opinionated and well spoken leader. Ryan Clark of the Pittsburgh Steelers is going to be in the news plenty in the forthcoming weeks and months while the NFL and its players try to hammer out a new Collective Bargaining Agreement. On Tuesday, Clark spent his morning in studio talking about the state of negotiations between the two parties. Though he has nothing nice to say about the owners coalition and the likelihood that a new deal will get done before the March deadline, he is still optimistic that football will start again on time next September.

Clark joined The Morning Show live in studio on 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh to talk about how he’s not yet over the loss to the Packers in the Super Bowl for the simple reason that you never know when you may have another shot at SB glory, how just a few plays might have turned the game in Pittsburgh’s favor, how despite saying that he gives all the credit in the world to Green Bay for their performance in Super Bowl XLV, having friends and family lose their seats as part of the seating screw up at Cowboys Stadium two Sundays ago, how he’s concerned about the state of negotiations between the owners and NFLPA but optimistic that something can still be done between the time that the CBA expires and the ’11 season should start, how it’s highly unlikely but not entirely impossible for the players to ultimately accept an 18-game schedule, how he doesn’t see the owners budging because of the fact that they’ll be getting paid next year from television contract money regardless of if there’s actual games being played or not, and how he’s hoping that Dan Rooney….Big Rooney as the players call him….will find a way to be an integral part of the negotiation process in between his duties as ambassador to Ireland.

On if he’s gotten over the Steelers Super Bowl loss:

“No, no. Not at all. It’s something that you think about every day because it’s not a situation you’re going to be in every year. You know, we’re not promised to be there ever again. So to be there, to lose, and to feel like you could have done things differently — a play here, a play there to help your team win the game — it’s tough. Had we won I probably would have started working out some time in March. I started yesterday. Because losing wants to make you get back to that podium. So it’s a tough, tough situation. But it was a blessing to have been there, it doesn’t take away from what we did all season, you just wish it could have ended on a better note.”

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2011/02/16/2011-nfl-lockout-ryan-clark-sounds-off-on-ridiculous-offers-lack-of-incentive-for-owners-to-negotiate-quickly/

Animal Mother
02-17-2011, 09:47 AM
I read this whole article and loved what Clark had to say. I think he said it intelligently and with class and it's really what everyone is thinking anyway. The commenters on yahoo tore it up saying it was rambling, but it's only rambling because it wasn't edited down like 99% of the other articles they read. I loved it, total context and really hit the nail on the head.