PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NASCAR

Texasteel
02-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Four more days till the green flag drop starting a new season. This is Burton's year.

7SteelGal43
02-16-2011, 10:47 AM
GO 'HARVICK !

http://www.kevinharvick.com/kevinharvickinc.com/images/news/cache/20110212em1936-300x0.jpg

HometownGal
02-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Go Gordon and JJ (again :heh: :yay3:)!

http://www.chicagosportsreviewimages.com/C1580640213/E20060624150631/Media/jeff%20gordon%20car%20on%20trackWimmer5312.JPG

http://www.lasvegas-nv.com/norm/jimmie-johnson-48.jpg

43Hitman
02-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Maybe June Bug can have a better season. This is Nascar's last chance to keep me as a fan, they have gone down the tubes since Dale died.

Texasteel
02-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Maybe June Bug can have a better season. This is Nascar's last chance to keep me as a fan, they have gone down the tubes since Dale died.

Did you see the Bud Shootout. It was the strangest thing I have seen at Daytona. Instead of the long lines nose to tail the cars were pairing up in twos. There was also a lot of three wide racing, a couple times 4 wide. The cars still fast but the two car teaming made it a much more interesting race. I'm looking forward to Sunday.

Texasteel
02-16-2011, 07:22 PM
7SteelGal43------ He's my 2nd favorite.

HTG------------- Not this year hon.

43Hitman-------- Let me know what you think of the race.

HometownGal
02-16-2011, 08:45 PM
HTG------------- Not this year hon.

It's a looooooong season, Tex. We'll see. My money's on JJ - again. :thumbsup:

Seriously, as long as the champ isn't the Ear Brothers or Stewart, I'm OK with it.

43Hitman
02-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Did you see the Bud Shootout. It was the strangest thing I have seen at Daytona. Instead of the long lines nose to tail the cars were pairing up in twos. There was also a lot of three wide racing, a couple times 4 wide. The cars still fast but the two car teaming made it a much more interesting race. I'm looking forward to Sunday.

Yeah I saw that. Nascar has screwed up though already this week. They changed the restrictor plate and made the crews take tape off the front of the car. The problem with this is that while it slows the cars down when running by themselves it does nothing to stop the 2 car packs. So now they have inadvertantly increased the closing speed cars in two car packs will have on cars that are not. This is a problem, and I saw it manifest right in front of my eyes yesterday in their practice. The cars running slower have no idea how fast the cars coming up behind them are, and to add to that, the car that is tucked in behind the lead draft car cannot see anything going on out front. I would imagine we are going to see about half the field wrecked early on Sunday.

Galax Steeler
02-20-2011, 05:59 AM
I have to pull for Hamlin he is a Virginia native from around Richmond.

Galax Steeler
02-20-2011, 08:57 AM
Let's go Hamlin lets bring home the Daytona 500

43Hitman
02-20-2011, 09:24 AM
I have to admit that the Nationwide race was pretty good yesterday.

Galax Steeler
02-20-2011, 09:49 AM

I didn't get to see it I was working sounds like I missed a good one.

Texasteel
02-20-2011, 10:00 AM

I just get the feeling that there has to be two or three drivers that go into the last 3 laps thinking, I'll be happy with 2nd.

hotrodder07
02-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Hopefully Gordon can out perform the 48 this year. I like them both, but Gordon's been my favorite driver since I have watched the sport. Plus, I'm pretty sick of Johnson winning every year...

43Hitman
02-20-2011, 01:07 PM
There goes half the field

HometownGal
02-20-2011, 01:09 PM
HUGE pile up in Lap 29 at Daytona - at least 6-8 cars involved. JJ's car is a mess and Jeff got smacked too. :doh: Ruderman spun out of control and it just domino'd from there.

Texasteel
02-20-2011, 01:32 PM
This new style of racing isn't working out so far.

43Hitman
02-20-2011, 01:34 PM
This new style of racing isn't working out so far.

They're wrecking every 10 laps

T&B fan
02-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Yeah I saw that. Nascar has screwed up though already this week. They changed the restrictor plate and made the crews take tape off the front of the car. The problem with this is that while it slows the cars down when running by themselves it does nothing to stop the 2 car packs. So now they have inadvertantly increased the closing speed cars in two car packs will have on cars that are not. This is a problem, and I saw it manifest right in front of my eyes yesterday in their practice. The cars running slower have no idea how fast the cars coming up behind them are, and to add to that, the car that is tucked in behind the lead draft car cannot see anything going on out front. I would imagine we are going to see about half the field wrecked early on Sunday.

so do you have the winning lotto #s too ????

43Hitman
02-20-2011, 01:52 PM
so do you have the winning lotto #s too ????

lol I wish.

Texasteel
02-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Man this race is all messed up. When did Goddell become the head of NASCAR.

Galax Steeler
02-21-2011, 04:13 AM
Great win for the Wood Brothers from Stuart Virginia.

HometownGal
02-21-2011, 07:17 AM
Though I wasn't happy at all with the race in general, I was happy to see this youngster win (with a little help from David Ragan :heh:). :applaudit: Congrats Trevor! :drink:

16 cautions in all - wrecks, blown engines - this is what we have to look forward to this season? :doh:

Texasteel
02-21-2011, 07:25 AM
I was happy with the winner. This is a great kid and is going to be a heck of a driver for years to come. How ever, how Nascar figures that it is too dangerous to drive over 200 MPH, but it is not to dangerous to have two cars, one basically pushing the other around the track, driving almost 200 MPH with the driver in back blind to the track in front of him, is beyond me. To be honest it sounds like something our football commissioner would come up with. The good new is that I don't think we will see more racing like this till we get back to Daytona.

43Hitman
02-21-2011, 07:28 AM
I was happy with the winner. This is a great kid and is going to be a heck of a driver for years to come. How ever, how Nascar figures that it is too dangerous to drive over 200 MPH, but it is not to dangerous to have two cars, one basically pushing the other around the track, driving almost 200 MPH with the driver in back blind to the track in front of him, is beyond me. To be honest it sounds like something our football commissioner would come up with. The good new is that I don't think we will see more racing like this till we get back to Daytona.

Talledega too perhaps. I'm not convinced that Nascar has their shit together... That type of racing is going to get someone seriously injured or killed.

hotrodder07
02-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Yes! Jeff finally got back on track with a win today! He deserved it more than anyone after his long drought. And he passed Kyle to win it...even better. :D

HometownGal
03-02-2011, 06:55 AM
I didn't watch the race as I had other commitments on Sunday, but I'm happy Jeff won and ended his drought! :yay3: :thumbsup:

Texasteel
03-02-2011, 06:58 AM
It wasn't that good of a race. Don't know what they did to these car but the drivers seem to be having trouble controlling them. Gordon did hold on to his thought. Congratulations Jeff.

Galax Steeler
03-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Las Vegas time go Hamlin.

HometownGal
03-07-2011, 06:51 AM
Carl Edwards was the victor in yesterday's race in LV. :applaudit: While Edwards isn't in my top 3, I like the guy and was glad to see him earn the win. I was pleased to see Jr. finished in the Top 10. :thumbsup:

On to Bristol next Sunday! :rockon:

Galax Steeler
03-08-2011, 03:47 AM
I love Bristol not as much as I used to because they changed the track but still has some good racing.

HometownGal
03-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Ears #2 won on Sunday at Bristol. :puke:

On to Fontana this Sunday and hopefully, the Ear Brothers will both finish in the bottom 10. :heh:

HometownGal
03-28-2011, 06:24 AM
Ears #2 won again yesterday at Fontana. :horror:

7SteelGal43
03-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Ears #2 won again yesterday at Fontana. :horror:

HELL YEAH ! GO KEV !!!!!!!! :applaudit::thumbsup:

HometownGal
03-29-2011, 07:28 AM
HELL YEAH ! GO KEV !!!!!!!! :applaudit::thumbsup:

I must have had a brain fart - Ears #2 wasn't the winner - Harvick was and that suits me just fine. Good driver, good guy. :thumbsup:

Galax Steeler
03-29-2011, 06:35 PM
I have no problem with the Harvick win congrats.

Texasteel
03-30-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm an RCR fan so I'm happy.

HometownGal
04-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Harvick beat out JR with 4 laps to go today for his second win in a row! :applaudit: I'm a JR fan and I would have loved to have seen him win, but I was happy as a pig in shit when he passed up Ears #2 and left him in the dust with 25 to go! :rockon:

Texasteel
04-03-2011, 05:03 PM
I was in a tent full of Jr. fans. You should have heard them yelling when Jr. passed Kyle. They were yelling again a few laps latter but using different words. Most of them won't remember it tomorrow anyway.

Galax Steeler
04-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Nice job Harvick I would rather see you win then Jr.

HometownGal
04-19-2011, 09:19 PM
JJ, Gordon and JR finish #1, #2, and #4 respectively at Taladega! :yay3: :rockon:

HometownGal
05-08-2011, 07:27 AM
Regan Smith wins his very first race last night at Darlington. :drink: Congrats!

HometownGal
05-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Harvick and Ears #2 each fined $25,000 and placed on probation for 4 races. No one would have cheered louder than me had Kevin yanked that douchebag out of his car and beat his ass, but his actions were just stupid. :doh:

NASCAR slaps Busch, Harvick with penalties
PUBLISHED Tuesday, May 10, 2011 at 12:31 pm EDT

A Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick found out Tuesday the limits to NASCAR’s mantra, “Boys, have at it, and have a good time.”

The fun stops when it endangers people on pit road.

The sanctioning body fined Busch and Harvick $25,000 each and placed the drivers on probation for the next four Sprint Cup points events (Dover, Charlotte, Kansas and Pocono), through June 15.

The penalties address a confrontation between the drivers on pit road after the race and not their actions on the racetrack. After a restart on Lap 363, Harvick’s No. 29 Chevrolet and Busch’s No. 18 Toyota made contact several times.

Exiting Turn 4, Harvick’s car bounced off Busch’s and into the Chevy of Harvick’s Richard Childress Racing teammate Clint Bowyer, who slammed into the inside wall to bring out the final caution of the race. Busch then spun Harvick on the frontstretch.

Both Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick were fined $25,000 and placed on probation through June 15. (AP Photo)After the race, Harvick blocked Busch’s entrance to the garage, climbed from his car and attempted to punch Busch through the window of his car. Busch simultaneously nudged Harvick’s unattended car, which rolled slowly, nose-first into the inside wall.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nascar/story/2011-05-10/nascar-slaps-busch-harvick-with-penalties?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl10%7Csec3_lnk2%7C212789#ixzz1Lz5MVd7f

HometownGal
06-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Ears #2 back in the headlines again. He can't find anyone else to fight with so he takes on his team owner. What a hopeless titwad this guy is. :doh:

NASCAR looking into Childress-Busch altercation

KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- NASCAR is looking into reports of an altercation between team owner Richard Childress and owner/driver Kyle Busch, NASCAR officials confirmed Saturday.

Details were sketchy, but the altercation reportedly occurred after Saturday’s Camping World Truck Series race at Kansas Speedway, won by Clint Bowyer, who drives for Childress in the Sprint Cup Series.

Kyle Busch, already on probation for actions at Darlington, was reportedly involved in a scuffle with Richard Childress on Saturday.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nascar/story/2011-06-04/nascar-looking-into-possible-childress-busch-altercation?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl2%7Csec3_lnk2%7C215134#ixzz1OPTzUBIk

X-Terminator
06-05-2011, 09:34 AM
I hope NASCAR has the balls to suspend him, if they are allowed to do so. That guy is a certified jackass, and I wish Harvick would have kicked the shit out of him.

Galax Steeler
06-05-2011, 09:50 AM
I love it I hope he blacked both of his eys.

HometownGal
06-05-2011, 01:21 PM
I hope NASCAR has the balls to suspend him, if they are allowed to do so. That guy is a certified jackass, and I wish Harvick would have kicked the shit out of him.

The shame about Ears #2 is that he is a good driver (as much as it is like sticking a spork in my eyes to admit it) but he is the epitome of arrogance and has a major anger problem. At the very least, NASCAR should make him register and complete an anger management course.

Nadroj 20
06-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Suspend Busch? From my understanding Busch was basically attacked by Childress and Busch did not throw any punches....its not like Busch was the aggressor.

Doesn't matter what Busch did to provoke Childress, a team owner can not lose his cool like that.

Nadroj 20
06-05-2011, 02:46 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/truck/news/story?id=6628013

NASCAR cleared Kyle Busch for his role in an altercation with 65-year-old car owner Richard Childress after the Trucks Series race at Kansas Speedway.

Childress might not be so lucky.

HometownGal
06-05-2011, 07:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/truck/news/story?id=6628013

Of course they "cleared" him. He's the golden boy of NASCAR now and they kiss his ass.

He is, always was and always will be a gigantic douchebag imho. I don't like his brother either, but Kurt isn't the jagoff his little brother is both on and off the track.

HometownGal
06-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Suspend Busch? From my understanding Busch was basically attacked by Childress and Busch did not throw any punches....its not like Busch was the aggressor.

Doesn't matter what Busch did to provoke Childress, a team owner can not lose his cool like that.

No doubt in my mind that little dicktwizzler did something to really piss Childress off for him to go off on Ears #2 like that.

I totally disagree with your second statement. Childress is Ears #2's boss and signs his paychecks. I'm waiting for the day when Harvick beats the living snot out of him after he pulls his usual dirty shit on the track. I'll be cheering so loud they'll hear me in Sing Sing.

Nadroj 20
06-05-2011, 10:25 PM
No doubt in my mind that little dicktwizzler did something to really piss Childress off for him to go off on Ears #2 like that.

I totally disagree with your second statement. Childress is Ears #2's boss and signs his paychecks. I'm waiting for the day when Harvick beats the living snot out of him after he pulls his usual dirty shit on the track. I'll be cheering so loud they'll hear me in Sing Sing.

So if I'm in a position of power where I'm signing the paychecks making me the boss that gives me the right to attack an employee if they are a total douche??

I'm sorry but you have to be more professional then that! I agree he is an asshole 100 % with you, but that is FAR from the point. It doesn't matter what he does or how he acts you have to handle the situation professionally, NOT like a MMA fighter.

HometownGal
06-06-2011, 06:52 AM
So if I'm in a position of power where I'm signing the paychecks making me the boss that gives me the right to attack an employee if they are a total douche??

I'm sorry but you have to be more professional then that! I agree he is an asshole 100 % with you, but that is FAR from the point. It doesn't matter what he does or how he acts you have to handle the situation professionally, NOT like a MMA fighter.

I'm a dope - Childress is not Busch's boss, he's Harvick's boss. Ears #2's boss is Joe Gibbs. :doh:

I'm not saying any team owner should get into a scuffle with one of his own or any other driver, but Ears #2 has been pulling so much shit on the track the past couple of seasons that NASCAR has allowed him to get away with - I'm not surprised Childress went after him. It wasn't right and NASCAR should take action against Childress but as long as NASCAR turns a blind eye to the shit Ears #2 pulls, this won't be the last time someone takes a shot at him.

Nadroj 20
06-06-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm a dope - Childress is not Busch's boss, he's Harvick's boss. Ears #2's boss is Joe Gibbs. :doh:

I'm not saying any team owner should get into a scuffle with one of his own or any other driver, but Ears #2 has been pulling so much shit on the track the past couple of seasons that NASCAR has allowed him to get away with - I'm not surprised Childress went after him. It wasn't right and NASCAR should take action against Childress but as long as NASCAR turns a blind eye to the shit Ears #2 pulls, this won't be the last time someone takes a shot at him.

True but he is currently on probation, so I do not think they are ignoring everything.

HometownGal
06-06-2011, 11:25 AM
True but he is currently on probation, so I do not think they are ignoring everything.

They HAD to put both him and Harvick on probation for that altercation - they really didn't have a choice. I just wish they would pay more attention to the other shit he pulls on the track and gets away with.

HometownGal
06-13-2011, 06:41 AM
Jeff Gordon is the winner at the Poconos! :yay3: :applaudit:

Seems Ears #2 and Harvick are still gunning for each other. These 2 really need to grow up, stop acting like grade school bullies and just freakin' race!!

NASCAR warns Kyle Busch and Harvick during Pocono race

PUBLISHED 15 hours and 46 minutes ago
LAST UPDATED 10 hours and 40 minutes ago

LONG POND, Pa. -- All NASCAR had to see was Kevin Harvick shoving Kyle Busch down the frontstretch early in Sunday’s 5-Hour Energy 500 at Pocono Raceway.

Kevin Harvick (29), Kyle Busch (18) and Landon Cassill (51) drive through Turn 2 during the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series auto race, Sunday, June 12, 2011, in Long Pond, Pa.

Close to each other from the outset, the drivers had raced each other hard, with Harvick repeatedly crowding Busch as they battled for position. But the last straw was the push down the frontstretch, when Busch broke out of line, and Harvick followed him to the inside, glued to the bumper of Busch’s No. 18 Toyota.

NASCAR warned both teams to stop fooling around and race, a warning that shouldn’t have been necessary, given that both drivers are on probation through June 15 for a postrace confrontation May 7 at Darlington.

That brought an indignant response from Busch, who told crew chief Dave Rogers that only one driver needed the warning.

“The 29 (Harvick) is all over me,” Busch said.

Rogers tried to calm his driver.

“Keep your composure in that racecar, bud,” Rogers radioed to Busch. “I've lost mine about four times already.”

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nascar/story/2011-06-12/kyle-busch-kevin-harvick-nascar-warns-pair-during-pocono-race?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl2%7Csec3_lnk2%7C215830#ixzz1P9h556xl

X-Terminator
06-13-2011, 07:32 AM
You know, they should just put these two inside the octagon and let them settle their differences MMA-style. This is getting ridiculous, and eventually someone else is going to be the victim of their shenanigans on the track. And I'm not even a NASCAR fan! :doh:

HometownGal
06-13-2011, 08:01 AM
And I'm not even a NASCAR fan! :doh:

Really? Is that why you've gone to 2 races with me over the past 3 years? :heh: You seemed pretty into it at the track - LOL!

Personally, I think both of them should be suspended for the rest of the season. Enough is enough.

HometownGal
06-13-2011, 08:10 AM
(Top 15) Driver Standings as of June 13, 2011:

1. Carl Edwards
2. Jimmie Johnson :yay3:
3. Dale Earnhardt, Jr. :applaudit:
4. Kevin Harvick
5. Ears #2
6. Ears #1
7. Matt Kenseth
8. Tony Stewart
9. Clint Bowyer
10. Ryan Newman
11. Denny Hamlin
12. Greg Biffle
13. Jeff Gordon :thumbsup:
14. Mark Martin
15. Juan Montoya

suitanim
06-13-2011, 10:10 AM
Go Go Gordon! Moves to third on the all-time win list. I think he still has twenty more wins left in him, and a chance to move into second (he can tie it with 105).

X-Terminator
06-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Really? Is that why you've gone to 2 races with me over the past 3 years? :heh: You seemed pretty into it at the track - LOL!

Personally, I think both of them should be suspended for the rest of the season. Enough is enough.

Well I won't deny that it's fun :wink02: But I don't follow it regularly, so I don't consider myself a fan.

I agree about the suspension. They need to be taught a lesson.

HometownGal
06-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Ears #1 has the pole in tomorrow's race at Michigan. Though I'm still not overly fond of Kurt, he has matured over the past couple of years and isn't the mental midget his brother is.

GO HENDRICK BOYZ! :bananadoggywow:

Ever see ears on a dick? Look no further . . .

http://media.al.com/blogoftomorrow/photo/dsc-0190jpg-0dcee92aafe283da_large.jpg

HometownGal
06-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Denny Hamlin wins at Michigan. :applaudit: :drink:

My Hendricks boyz are still 3, 5 and 12 in the standings. :yay3:

X-Terminator
06-19-2011, 08:31 PM
As long is it isn't one of the Ear Bros. or Stewart, I'm fine with it. :thumbsup:

Galax Steeler
06-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Ever see ears on a dick? Look no further . . .

http://media.al.com/blogoftomorrow/photo/dsc-0190jpg-0dcee92aafe283da_large.jpg

Agreed 100%

HometownGal
06-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Agreed 100%

He is the epitome of someone I would have shoved in a locker or gave a spitball shower to in school. :lol:

Hindes204
06-23-2011, 08:59 PM
So I wouldnt consider myself a huge NASCAR fan, but some tickets were given to us military guys out here for the race this Sunday in Sonoma. Ive never been to a race, should be fun.

HometownGal
06-24-2011, 03:47 PM
So I wouldnt consider myself a huge NASCAR fan, but some tickets were given to us military guys out here for the race this Sunday in Sonoma. Ive never been to a race, should be fun.

You'll have a blast Hindes! I've been going to the September race in Dover every year for the last 10 and it is one helluva good time. Word to the wise, though - take earplugs or you won't be able to hear well for a few days after the race. VERY noisy.

Have a wonderful time and boogity, boogity, boogity! :drink:

43Hitman
06-25-2011, 09:37 AM
You'll have a blast Hindes! I've been going to the September race in Dover every year for the last 10 and it is one helluva good time. Word to the wise, though - take earplugs or you won't be able to hear well for a few days after the race. VERY noisy.

Sonoma is a road course right? Should be a good race but you probably only be able to see a few seconds at a time because of the hills in that track. You'll have fun though, but if you get a chance I highly recommend going to a shorter track like Richmond, Dover, or even a track like Las Vegas or Texas. All of those tracks are awesome.

Hindes204
06-25-2011, 10:48 AM

I work around planes all day (at least I did before this desk job), Im already deaf! lol

Sonoma is a road course right? Should be a good race but you probably only be able to see a few seconds at a time because of the hills in that track. You'll have fun though, but if you get a chance I highly recommend going to a shorter track like Richmond, Dover, or even a track like Las Vegas or Texas. All of those tracks are awesome.

Yea, its a road course. Vegas may be a possibility because its relatively close...I dont really see myself going out of my way to travel to one of these things. I appreciate the sport, but not really my thing

HometownGal
06-25-2011, 02:38 PM

I've been going to the September race in Dover every year for the last 10 and it is one helluva good time.

I do go to Dover, hon. ;) :heh:

My dream is to one day get to Talladega. :thumbsup:

43Hitman
06-25-2011, 03:45 PM
I do go to Dover, hon. ;) :heh:

My dream is to one day get to Talladega. :thumbsup:

I know that babe, I was telling Hindes that those tracks that I listed are the best to watch a race at imo.

Talledega is awesome, you'd love it. I've been to most of the tracks on the East Coast, including Rockingham which sadly they don't race at anymore, but I really want to go to the Daytona 500 someday.

HometownGal
06-27-2011, 06:15 AM
Ears #1 won at Addington yesterday with my Jeff coming in #2 and JJ at #7. :yay3:

suitanim
06-27-2011, 08:14 AM
ONE more lap and Jeff would've had him. There are still really only 6-8 guys who really know how to get around a road course, and Gordon and Stewart are the best of them. Busch can drive, but the gap between their road coarse skills was VERY obvious when it was juts the two of them way out front alone and no traffic. Gordon made up about 3 seconds on that single lap they raced alone, and he'd have caught and passed Kurt if there was another lap.

Plus, WHAT a race for Gordon! His car was shit, he was mired in traffic all day, and he still managed to cleanly drive through all that traffic and finish second.

HometownGal
07-03-2011, 03:29 PM
David Ragan wins at Daytona yesterday - congrats David on your first Sprint Cup win! :drink:

Jeff finished 6th and as of this date, JJ, JR and Jeff are 6, 7 and 8 in the standings! :yay3:

Galax Steeler
07-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Congrats to Ragan and his first cup win.

HometownGal
07-10-2011, 06:18 AM
Ears #2 wins at Kentucky. :puke: Dave Reutimann came close to beating him but not to be. :doh:

Jeff and JJ finish in the Top 10 once again! :yay3:

Devilsdancefloor
07-10-2011, 12:03 PM
ugh i hate it when kryle wins. if you would have told me half way thru the race jeff was going to be in the top 10 i would have laughed.

HometownGal
07-31-2011, 06:07 PM
Congrats to Paul Menard for winning his first Sprint Cup race! :drink: My Jeff finished a close second. :thumbsup:

Nadroj 20
07-31-2011, 06:09 PM
Congrats to Paul Menard for winning his first Sprint Cup race! :drink: My Jeff finished a close second. :thumbsup:

A couple more laps and Jeff would have caught him easily.

suitanim
08-01-2011, 08:26 AM
A couple more laps and Jeff would have caught him easily.

Actually, I think one lap would have done it...he was slowed by lapped traffic, and would not have had to deal with it. But, if he had to finish second, that was about the best way to do it and the best person to lose it to...

suitanim
08-15-2011, 08:07 AM
For anyone unaware and interested, the Watkins Glen race has been moved to a 10AM start time for today. Race is on ESPN....set your DVR's!

Spike
09-18-2011, 08:53 AM
The Chase is here!

Go gettum Matt!

http://www.mattkenseth.com/photos/2011/26RIR/D11CLSF17309MCD297.jpg

Kenseth wins pole at Chicagoland!

suitanim
09-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Does every (who isn't retired and living on on the beach) have their DVR's set for ESPN for noon today?

Spike
09-21-2011, 04:14 PM
I would have been better off stabbing myself in the head 30 or 40 times instead of watching that cluster at the end

suitanim
09-22-2011, 05:15 AM
Yeah....ugly race.

Spike
10-10-2011, 08:48 AM
Now we've got ourselves a horserace!

1. Carl Edwards Leader

2. Kevin Harvick -1

3. Jimmie Johnson -4

4. Brad Keselowski -11

5. Matt Kenseth -12

6. Kurt Busch -16

7. Tony Stewart -19

8. Kyle Busch -20

9. Dale Earnhardt Jr. -43

10. Jeff Gordon -47

11. Ryan Newman -54

12. Denny Hamlin -79

suitanim
10-10-2011, 11:12 AM
I like the new points format better...still think the Chase won't be fair until their is a road race in it, though...

Spike
10-11-2011, 10:40 AM
A night race at Charlotte on Sat and then Talladega, with the new restrictor plate rules to try and kill the pairs racing - should be interesting.

suitanim
10-12-2011, 05:18 AM
Wreck-o-rama

Spike
10-16-2011, 08:43 AM
WAY TO GO MATT!!!

That's my boy, outdrove them all at the end.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/014v74C2UagcO/621x.jpg

That JJ crash really shook things up in points

1--Carl Edwards Leader
2--Kevin Harvick - 5
3--Matt Kenseth -7
4-- Kyle Busch -18
5--Tony Stewart -24
6--Brad Keselowski -25
7-- Kurt Busch -27
8--Jimmie Johnson -35
9--Dale Earnhardt Jr. -60
10-Ryan Newman -61
11-Jeff Gordon -66
12-Denny Hamlin -86

suitanim
10-17-2011, 08:18 AM
And no sponsor for 2012...

Spike
10-20-2011, 11:24 AM
And no sponsor for 2012...

We want Crown back - they have the best hats

http://product.images.fansedge.com/52-12/52-12529-J.jpg

suitanim
10-20-2011, 12:01 PM
I think Kenseth should have Obama sponsor his team. He's got like a billion in his campaign War chest. He could reach back out to the "Guns and Religion" crowd he pissed off last election.

Spike
10-20-2011, 12:59 PM
suck my balls

suitanim
10-21-2011, 05:34 AM
The #17 Hopey McChange Ford!

43Hitman
10-21-2011, 11:44 AM
The #17 Hopey McChange Ford!

:rofl2:

Spike
10-28-2011, 04:44 PM
you know what sucks?

Matt is 14 pts from the championship and he can't find a sponsor.

UPS dumped Ragan and piled on Cousin Carl's bandwagon for next year.

I hope Matt beats him out.

HometownGal
10-28-2011, 05:31 PM
WAY TO GO MATT!!!

That's my boy, outdrove them all at the end.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/014v74C2UagcO/621x.jpg

That JJ crash really shook things up in points

1--Carl Edwards Leader
2--Kevin Harvick - 5
3--Matt Kenseth -7
4-- Kyle Busch -18
5--Tony Stewart -24
6--Brad Keselowski -25
7-- Kurt Busch -27
8--Jimmie Johnson -35
9--Dale Earnhardt Jr. -60
10-Ryan Newman -61
11-Jeff Gordon -66
12-Denny Hamlin -86

I don't care who the champ is as long as it isn't one of the ear brothers.

HometownGal
11-23-2011, 06:07 AM
Tony Stewart is the 2011 Champion. Congrats!

Better him than either of the ear twins! :yay3:

43Hitman
11-23-2011, 06:13 AM
Tony Stewart is the 2011 Champion. Congrats!

Better him than either of the ear twins! :yay3:

No doubt. I can't stand either one of those jerks. Shrub should be banned in my opinion, he's reckless and has no regard for his fellow drivers safety.

suitanim
11-27-2011, 06:39 AM
I'm okay with Tony winning...a lot of people don't like him but I think he's a fairly clean driver...