02-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Name: Cameron Heyward

School: Ohio State Buckeyes

Position: Defensive End

Height: 6’6”

Weight: 288 lbs.

40 Yard Dash: 4.92

Projected Round: 1-2

<More (http://steelhurtin.com/2011/02/15/pittsburgh-draft-preview-cameron-heyward-de-ohio-stateg/)>

He could definitely fill a need at defensive end, and potentially be groomed to take over Keisel's spot. He's strong as an ox, but slow as shit too. I'd much rather snag a corner or an offensive lineman before going defensive line, but I'm trying to get everyone that's connected with us in the draft, so take it for what it's worth.

Wouldn't be a bad pick necessarily, but like I said, we've got bigger needs.

The Duke
02-15-2011, 02:28 PM
I think this guy's going to be a monster! But we don't need a DE, imo. At least not in the first round

Hood has shown us he can start. Keisel still has years left and Eason is a great backup. If aaron does come back (I haven't read anything to think otherwise) that's a perfect depth

There's plenty of great defensive end prospects who will go in round 3-4. I expect us to grab one there

Steel Hurtin
02-16-2011, 03:36 AM
Duke, as far as I'm hearing, Smith is coming back, probably going to be his last season though. Going to go out with LeBeau, lot of players seem to be hanging on for one more year, Ward's coming back, Batch is coming back, etc. They want to go out on top, not by losing a Super Bowl.

And I agree, I'm no Ohio State fan (It's all about Da U) but when we drafted Thaddeus Gibson last year, I checked out the other Ohio State defensive lineman when I was scouting Gibson, just to make sure he wasn't the product of the rest of the defense, y'know? And Heyward could be an absolute beast at the NFL level, if he gets to the right team, preferably a 3-4 scheme, or a team that wants a space eating defensive tackle in a 4-3, otherwise, I think he's going to find himself thinking on 'what could have been.'

Steeldude
02-23-2011, 02:53 AM
<More (http://steelhurtin.com/2011/02/15/pittsburgh-draft-preview-cameron-heyward-de-ohio-stateg/)>

He could definitely fill a need at defensive end, and potentially be groomed to take over Keisel's spot. He's strong as an ox, but slow as shit too. I'd much rather snag a corner or an offensive lineman before going defensive line, but I'm trying to get everyone that's connected with us in the draft, so take it for what it's worth.

Wouldn't be a bad pick necessarily, but like I said, we've got bigger needs.

certainly not a bad pick, but not worth a 1st rounder, IMO. his 40 time doesn't seem slow for a man his size. i wonder how he will do in the 3-cone drill etc... in the combine