PDA

View Full Version : Great victory for NAACP...

Vincent
06-13-2010, 09:03 AM
This was some fun in "another" forum...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uneOOclsaPs

steelersfanman92
06-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Listen to what it is saying it is obvious that it says hoLes. They are just overly sensetive and looking for something to get worked up over.

st33lersguy
06-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Let it be known that it is officially politically incorrect to use the term black holes and that no one shall use that term

silver & black
06-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Let it be known that it is officially politically incorrect to use the term black holes and that no one shall use that term

That won't fly in Oakland. :wink02:

smokin3000gt
06-13-2010, 10:59 AM
WOW. What a JOKE. It's absolutely pathetic the things that are taken offense too. Somebody should explain 'context clues' to the NAACP. :upyours:

X-Terminator
06-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Good God, this is SO embarrassing that I really have nothing to say...

HometownGal
06-13-2010, 11:42 AM

It's gotten beyond the point of being ridiculous anymore with those kooks. :der:

smokin3000gt
06-13-2010, 11:49 AM
It's gotten beyond the point of being ridiculous anymore with those kooks. :der:

kooks can be as offensive as black holes

Polamalu Princess
06-13-2010, 12:36 PM
This is 100% absurd!

Vincent
06-13-2010, 02:27 PM
I might have missed a memo, but is it "cool" to use the term "colored people"? I mean that term was displaced by "black" back in the 60s. That term hasn't been used seriously since there were "colored" rest rooms. Rather than assailing black holes in greeting cards that have been on the market for 3 years, hold a convention and work on your name. And hire a dude that speaks English like he doesn't have a mouth full of something. Somebody not named "Leon".

This "issue" is reminiscent of the old Emily Litella "commentaries" on SNL...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/2341/saturday-night-live-weekend-update-emily-litella-on-puerto-rico

MasterOfPuppets
06-13-2010, 02:28 PM
the sad part is that hallmark just folded like a cheap tent and gave into them ...

http://theblackcommenter.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/racecard11.jpg

Godfather
06-13-2010, 09:12 PM
I find it a little hard to believe there isn't something more important for them to address somewhere in this country.

steeldawg
06-13-2010, 10:38 PM
That has to be the dumbest thing ive ever heard. are these people really serious? Halmark should grow a backbone and and keep selling the card. why would a graduation card with a solar system theme say black whores? I didnt even have the card in my hand and i can hear it say black holes.

MasterOfPuppets
06-13-2010, 11:21 PM
That has to be the dumbest thing ive ever heard. are these people really serious? Halmark should grow a backbone and and keep selling the card. why would a graduation card with a solar system theme say black whores? I didnt even have the card in my hand and i can hear it say black holes.

well duh .. its pretty obvious hallmark is run by racist who are pushing their agenda by cleverly putting racial slurs in their cards .. its a good thing thing the naacp was their to expose these viscious hate mongers .. http://bbs.mediumpimpin.com/images/smilies/ohnoes.gif

The WH
06-14-2010, 04:34 AM
kooks can be as offensive as black holes
::puts on NAACP facemask::

Kooks rhymes with Spooks, and also has 4 letters in the exact same order as in spooks.

We find spooks to be a racist term, so Kooks is racist also for the bear similarities.

::takes off facemask::

God that hurt.

Vincent
06-14-2010, 08:15 AM
double post

That's happened to me a few times.

Vinny Two Times

stlrtruck
06-15-2010, 09:58 AM
It's just absolutely ridiculous that they pick this one card to pick a fight over and yet they're more worried about a black hole rather than improving quality of life for EVERYONE!

Can you say, "S E N S I T I V E"?

SCSTILLER
06-15-2010, 10:08 AM
It's just absolutely ridiculous that they pick this one card to pick a fight over and yet they're more worried about a black hole rather than improving quality of life for EVERYONE!

Can you say, "S E N S I T I V E"?

If they improved the quality of life for everyone, then they, as an organization, would cease to exist. No turmoil or nothing to complain about, no NAACP

Vincent
06-18-2010, 12:50 PM
I have always freekin loved the E-Trade Baby commercials.

Lindsey Lohan can sue E-Trade for $100M for the "Lindsey the Milkaholic" commercial on the basis that it somehow "damaged" her :toofunny: :rofl2: (quit it, yer killin me!).

So, one of the better commercials was the singing baby. And that is cute as hell. BUT.... cute as it is, it is ever so slightly stereotyping. And that's part of why its funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhfl4mFH1No

Now, if I were the NAACP (fix that name. Seriously.), long before I'd make a spectacle of the organization over "black whores" in a graduation card, I might follow Lindsey's lead, however ridiculous it might be. A court did take it seriously.

I'm not advocating that the NAACP do this. Just saying it would be much less stupid. If it matters.