PDA

View Full Version : bandwagon fans

steelersfan425
02-11-2011, 11:30 PM
all of a sudden im seeing alot of people wearing stupid packers gear its sad really. then they call me a bandwagon fan would i support the pirates if i was nope.

cakmakli
02-12-2011, 05:30 AM
You got to love the Super Bowl chasers. I'm sure more then a few people put their Drew Brees jerseys in the back of their closet and went out and bought a Rodgers jersey.

Texasteel
02-12-2011, 05:40 AM
I think with every championship, if it be football, baseball, or golf, there is a yuppie element. They just want to be identified with the winner. If the Steelers would have won you would have seen these people in Steelers gear. These folks are not fans of a team, and sometimes are not fans of a sport. They just want to be IN. I've seen this in Nacar the last few years. Some don't even sit down a watch the race. They will walk around outside the track looking at all the cool clothing they can take home. Then step in and stand alone my seat long enough to piss me off, about 2 seconds, take a few pictures and they are off again to grab a Zima, and a prime rib sandwich.

The unfortunate part is that I believe these are the fans the GODell is targeting.

Galax Steeler
02-12-2011, 05:48 AM
I work with one of the worst bandwagon fans in the world. It includes football, racing and college football. He changes more then the weather does he says it is a free country he can pull for who he wants to which is true. I just can't see doing that stick with them through the thick and thin.

Psycho Ward 86
02-12-2011, 08:02 AM
Um ok, give the Packers some credit. Their fanbase is every bit as good as ours if not better. Believe me, I know. I live in Wisconsin. Sure there are some bandwagoners, but as for the real fans, wouldn't YOU wear your teams colors if they just won the superbowl too?

BPS3akaWirels3
02-12-2011, 08:24 AM
I was just thinking this yesterday... I saw 3 people with a GB hat on or shirt or jacket. Unreal, I live in Central PA and can not remember the last time I saw someone with GB on. It's funny how people who have roots to the Wisconsin area now claim to be Packers fans... If you can't support your team any other time then don't support them now.

We may have lost last Sunday, but I'm already thinking about training camp and when to go.. I'm so ready for football to start.. Please no lockout... Pleaseeeeee..

The only teams I see around here are Steelers, Ravens, Eagles and a few NY Giants.

tube517
02-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Happens every year. For the first time, last year, I saw someone with Saints flags on their car after they won. I have never EVER seen a Saints fan in this part of Virginia (or any part of VA for that matter) here. Pats* fans only sprung up here around 2002. We do have our share of Giants, Iggles, Redskins of course and the biggest bandwagon of them all, the Dallas Brokebacks. They are nowhere to be found right now.

steelreserve
02-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Um ok, give the Packers some credit. Their fanbase is every bit as good as ours if not better. Believe me, I know. I live in Wisconsin. Sure there are some bandwagoners, but as for the real fans, wouldn't YOU wear your teams colors if they just won the superbowl too?

Not really. Their fan base is 10 percent actual fans who are from Wisconsin, and 90 percent bandwagoners who come out thinking it's neat when they do well, and say "blah blah, tradition!" "blah blah, Lombardi!" "ya, ya, cheesehead!" There really aren't enough actual fans to avoid getting drowned out by all the bandwagon bullshit. Living in San Francisco in the '90s, it was just amazing to see how many Packers "fans" just came out of the woodwork with a Favre jersey and cheesehead. Most of them were just assholes who had no connection to the team and no reason to root for them, and whose knowledge of the Packers stopped at "Brett Favre" and "hey, isn't it neat that someone other than the 49ers or Cowboys might win the NFC."

Not that I care for the "real" Packers fans very much either. Just about every team that played before the 1960s won at least four or five championships, but Packers fans are the ONLY ones who won't shut the fuck up about it. Seriously, give it a rest. Nobody cares how many titles you won when the NFL was worse than the WAC. They are seriously my second-least favorite group of fans after Patriots fans, and not by much, and they held the honor much longer. Trust me, if the Packers remain a contender for a few more years, you'll get there too.

GoSlash27
02-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Take a picture so you know who's who. I'd personally rather not have them on our wagon.

LLT
02-12-2011, 12:41 PM
The silver lining of our Super Bowl loss is that we have hopefully shirked alot of the bandwagon idiots who dont know Rocky Bleier from Rocky Balboa.

SteelerFanInStl
02-12-2011, 01:29 PM
It happens every year after the Super Bowl, no matter who wins. There were TONS of Saints "fans" last year after the SB. It happened after the Steelers won also. Some people cheer for whoever wins.

Psycho Ward 86
02-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Not really. Their fan base is 10 percent actual fans who are from Wisconsin, and 90 percent bandwagoners who come out thinking it's neat when they do well, and say "blah blah, tradition!" "blah blah, Lombardi!" "ya, ya, cheesehead!" There really aren't enough actual fans to avoid getting drowned out by all the bandwagon bullshit. Living in San Francisco in the '90s, it was just amazing to see how many Packers "fans" just came out of the woodwork with a Favre jersey and cheesehead. Most of them were just assholes who had no connection to the team and no reason to root for them, and whose knowledge of the Packers stopped at "Brett Favre" and "hey, isn't it neat that someone other than the 49ers or Cowboys might win the NFC."

Not that I care for the "real" Packers fans very much either. Just about every team that played before the 1960s won at least four or five championships, but Packers fans are the ONLY ones who won't shut the fuck up about it. Seriously, give it a rest. Nobody cares how many titles you won when the NFL was worse than the WAC. They are seriously my second-least favorite group of fans after Patriots fans, and not by much, and they held the honor much longer. Trust me, if the Packers remain a contender for a few more years, you'll get there too.

No, believe me, Packer fans are about as hardcore as they come. I've been around for some awful awful seasons in Green Bay, Packer fans never say die. Give their fanbase a ton of respect, they deserve it. They're just basking in the sun right now, that's all. I would be too...

ALLD
02-12-2011, 01:51 PM
I saw somebody with Steeler flags on their car yesterday in Ft. Lauderdale. That is no bandwagon fan.

silver & black
02-12-2011, 04:45 PM
I saw somebody with Steeler flags on their car yesterday in Ft. Lauderdale. That is no bandwagon fan.

No? How do you know? There are literally hundreds upon hundreds of cars with Steeler flags on them in the Canton/Massillon area of Ohio... and I'd bet that at least 75% of them couldn't tell you anything about the Steelers, other than they are from Pittsburgh. They couldn't tell you the difference between the Immaculate Reception and the Holy Roller. I'm hoping that with this loss, the bandwagon finds some leg room for the real fans around my area.

steelpride12
02-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Yupp all over my college campus I see Packers gear. I don't particularly care if they are a bandwagon because it is there loss in the end oh well! Just pathetic people have to chase the SB winners for what? Attention Im guess Jesus how lame of an excuse it that. It doesn't matter like I said at least I can raise my head up high and say "Im a Steelers fan for life, always have been always will be!"

tube517
02-12-2011, 06:40 PM
They better know the difference between Robert Urich and Sly Stallone! :chuckle:

The silver lining of our Super Bowl loss is that we have hopefully shirked alot of the bandwagon idiots who dont know Rocky Bleier from Rocky Balboa.

zulater
02-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Bandwagon fans are the smartest of all, they never have their heart broke.

Seriously why do we need to judge someone else's loyalty? Some people are diehard fans, some are casual, and just like to show up for the party. That's their right, it doesn't make us superior or them inferior, it's just a matter of who you are and what you want to invest in sports, timewise and emotionally.

steelreserve
02-12-2011, 10:03 PM
No, believe me, Packer fans are about as hardcore as they come. I've been around for some awful awful seasons in Green Bay, Packer fans never say die. Give their fanbase a ton of respect, they deserve it. They're just basking in the sun right now, that's all. I would be too...

There's a few real Packer fans, and fine, they're hardcore. If you're anywhere outside of Wisconsin, seems like there's far more half-assed Packers fans who are just idiots.

And no, I don't give their fanbase any respect. Never have. Even among the "real" Packers fans I've met, most of them are real assholes who can't stop running their mouths at the first sign of success. I've got more respect for Ravens fans as a group. No joke.

steelersfan425
02-13-2011, 01:17 AM

Seriously why do we need to judge someone else's loyalty? Some people are diehard fans, some are casual, and just like to show up for the party. That's their right, it doesn't make us superior or them inferior, it's just a matter of who you are and what you want to invest in sports, timewise and emotionally.
the 15 years ive lived in washington i have seen mabye 10 packers fans on monday alone i seen atleast 25 of them i just think if you have a team support it year round not just when they win.

steelersfan425
02-13-2011, 01:26 AM
the 15 years ive lived in washington i have seen mabye 10 packers fans on monday alone i seen atleast 25 of them i just think if you have a team support it year round not just when they win.

SMR
02-13-2011, 09:28 AM

Exactly. I wear my Steelers gear very often (through the good years and bad). It's called REAL support. I ain't no fair weather fan!

silver & black
02-13-2011, 11:25 AM

I don't have a problem with that at all. It's when these same know nothing, frontrunner chasing "fans" start mouthing off about my team or any other team they know nothing about, that I get irritated with. If you just like the party and the "winning' atmosphere, cool... just keep your mouth shut!

fansince'76
02-13-2011, 11:30 AM
I don't have a problem with that at all. It's when these same know nothing, frontrunner chasing "fans" start mouthing off about my team or any other team they know nothing about, that I get irritated with. If you just like the party and the "winning' atmosphere, cool... just keep your mouth shut!

Kiss the rings, BITCH! :chuckle:

silver & black
02-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Kiss the rings, BITCH! :chuckle:

:nw:...... :drink:

SMR
02-13-2011, 12:28 PM

Dat's right bro!

zulater
02-13-2011, 12:33 PM

Irratating no doubt, but like a little dog that humps your leg, they don't do any real harm, and with a little flick on the nose they generally go away.

:wink02:

silver & black
02-13-2011, 12:46 PM
Irratating no doubt, but like a little dog that humps your leg, they don't do any real harm, and with a little flick on the nose they generally go away.

This is also true. :chuckle:

SMR
02-13-2011, 03:07 PM

Beautifully put.

tube517
02-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Irratating no doubt, but like a little Mendenhall that humps your leg, they don't do any real harm, and with a little flick of Sanchez's booger on the nose they generally go away.

Slight corrections :chuckle:

Borski
02-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Theres always bandwagon fans. But I think a big reason people see more of a team after they win a championship is you are subconsicly looking for their logo or jersey. It also seems to be more of them because a large portion of fans of other teams will stop wearing their gear after the season is over or at least less frequently.

For example, I wear Steelers stuff year round, but I wear it much more often during the season then during the off-season.

steelersfan425
02-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Theres always bandwagon fans. But I think a big reason people see more of a team after they win a championship is you are subconsicly looking for their logo or jersey. It also seems to be more of them because a large portion of fans of other teams will stop wearing their gear after the season is over or at least less frequently.

For example, I wear Steelers stuff year round, but I wear it much more often during the season then during the off-season.
ya this is true

NJarhead
02-14-2011, 07:47 PM
I think with every championship, if it be football, baseball, or golf, there is a yuppie element. They just want to be identified with the winner. If the Steelers would have won you would have seen these people in Steelers gear. These folks are not fans of a team, and sometimes are not fans of a sport. They just want to be IN. I've seen this in Nacar the last few years. Some don't even sit down a watch the race. They will walk around outside the track looking at all the cool clothing they can take home. Then step in and stand alone my seat long enough to piss me off, about 2 seconds, take a few pictures and they are off again to grab a Zima, and a prime rib sandwich.

The unfortunate part is that I believe these are the fans the GODell is targeting.

I'm sorry, but if we're talking about yuppies then I think you mean a Fresca and a side of quiche. :lol: