PDA

View Full Version : Steelers could know Dick LeBeau's status next week

stillers4me
02-11-2011, 05:29 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers could know by next week if defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau will return to the team.

NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e43f48/article/decision-time-lebeau-to-make-retirement-call-by-next-week?module=HP_headlines) reported that the Hall of Famer told the team he wants to take the weekend to consider his options, but the site said that LeBeau is leaning toward returning...........

Read more @ http://burgh.us/2uf

Craic
02-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Yeah,

I doubt the end of this year will in any way allow him to retire.

I hope he sees one last challenge, to increase the play of his secondary.

Merchant
02-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Dickie's not going anywhere. Nothing to worry about.

KeiselPower99
02-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Come on back coach and lets get that 7th ring.

steelreserve
02-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Learn how to have some balls when we're playing good QBs, and I might support this.

Never thought that at the end of the year, Arians would be the one who finally wised up and Lebeau would the the one who regressed.

Galax Steeler
02-12-2011, 06:25 AM
I also thought to that he should have been more agressive but on the other hand look at some of the players he had to work with he had to use some caution.

steelreserve
02-12-2011, 09:59 AM
I also thought to that he should have been more agressive but on the other hand look at some of the players he had to work with he had to use some caution.

Using caution is exactly what exposes the weaknesses in our secondary. Being aggressive covers it up. Not rocket science there. Seems more like he was scared.

86WARD
02-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Not sure how I feel about this...I kind of want to see Butler have his shot...

SMR
02-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Not sure how I feel about this...I kind of want to see Butler have his shot...

U serious? U might be in the minority here. Nevertheless, I respect your opinion.

HometownGal
02-12-2011, 04:16 PM
If the Steelers had won XLV, I'd probably bet the farm that The Papa would retire, but this is a hungry DC and I believe he's going to come back for at least 1-2 more seasons. At least I hope so. :pray:

86WARD
02-12-2011, 04:40 PM
U serious? U might be in the minority here. Nevertheless, I respect your opinion.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I want LeBeau to leave at all. There have been some questions with his schemes late in games and I know he's gotten criticism for it. I tend to agree with it to an extent...the D hasn't finished games well the last couple seasons. I'm interested to see what Butler brings to the table...but if the big guy returns, I'm not going to be upset...I'll probably feel more comfortable with him in there than anyone...wouldn't mind having Capers back...;)

SMR
02-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Don't get me wrong, it's not that I want LeBeau to leave at all. There have been some questions with his schemes late in games and I know he's gotten criticism for it. I tend to agree with it to an extent...the D hasn't finished games well the last couple seasons. I'm interested to see what Butler brings to the table...but if the big guy returns, I'm not going to be upset...I'll probably feel more comfortable with him in there than anyone...wouldn't mind having Capers back...;)

I hear ya.

SteelGhost
02-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Yeah,

I doubt the end of this year will in any way allow him to retire.

I hope he sees one last challenge, to increase the play of his secondary.

For that to happen, we need BMac AND Gay to be replaced IMHO.

SMR
02-14-2011, 03:29 PM
For that to happen, we need BMac AND Gay to be replaced IMHO.

BMac maybe, Gay DEFINATELY!!!!

SteelGhost
02-14-2011, 03:33 PM
:tea: