PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger : "Game Manager"

86WARD
02-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Got a nice argument going over here...dude's saying Ben is a game manager...lol...

http://gridironfans.com/forums/nfl-uncensored/150688-peyton-manning-tom-brady-ben-roethlisberger-3.html#post1279084

Asinine...

tube517
02-10-2011, 08:25 PM
:zzz:

siss
02-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Ben HATES the label of game manager. He says if you get as far as the NFL than you are not managing anything.

HometownGal
02-11-2011, 05:55 AM
My head hurt after reading the first page. When I hear Rivers name mentioned in "The Top 5 QB's", it makes me want to :puke: Imho - Rivers doesn't make a hair on Ben's tush.

memphissteelergirl
02-11-2011, 06:47 AM
My head hurt after reading the first page. When I hear Rivers name mentioned in "The Top 5 QB's", it makes me want to :puke: Imho - Rivers doesn't make a hair on Ben's tush.

Uhhh, yeah...thanks for that visual, HTG. :uhoh:

86WARD
02-11-2011, 06:58 AM

Agree 100%. Rivers is a stat machine. Nothing more and people fail to see that there is more to a QB than stats...much, much, much more. I hate, HATE when people try to say that Rivers is a better QB than Roethlisberger. It's really not even close...

Edman
02-11-2011, 09:58 AM
With his pedestrian play in the playoffs (AFC Title game in particular) and getting outdueled by Rodgers in XLV, I'd hate to say Ben has given the detractors ammunition. I'd just ignore it.

Criticize Ben for his play in the AFC Title game and XLV. It's fine. Put Rivers, who didn't even make the playoffs despite having the league's best offense and the NUMBER ONE Defense statistically, over him. Well...

It's just par for the course. If Ben didn't get any respect then, then he certainly isn't getting any respect now since he's lost his THIRD trip to the Super Bowl to a dude who never been there before and not playing very well in it.

tube517
02-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Ben is 3-1 vs Rivers. No contest.

Agree 100%. Rivers is a stat machine. Nothing more and people fail to see that there is more to a QB than stats...much, much, much more. I hate, HATE when people try to say that Rivers is a better QB than Roethlisberger. It's really not even close...

7SteelGal43
02-11-2011, 10:50 AM

If there is a QB that I dislike more than Tom Brady, it would be Phillip Rivers.

Dino 6 Rings
02-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Ben had a Super Bowl Winning Touchdown Drive of over 80 yards (after the holding penalty) Game Manager's don't do that. Sure, he crapped the bed the 2nd time he was in that spot, but please...the guy can ball.

Trent Dilfer was a game manager, Ben is a TOP NFL Quarterback. Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to be "controversial" for the sake of being "controversial" that's it.

zulater
02-11-2011, 06:56 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2007110500/2007/REG9/ravens@steelers/watch

I don't know if this is relevant or not, but it sure makes me feel good all the same. :thumbsup: