PDA

View Full Version : Ben didn't wear his gloves?

NJarhead
02-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Phil Simms is talking about this on Sirius.

Personally, I hadn't noticed but if I had my first thought would have been "what a moron."

He's worn his gloves all year and the year before that too. Apparently his WR's say it makes a big impact on the delivery (harder, faster, tighter).

Anyone who's ever been on a Marine Corps rifle range will tell ya, if you snap in wearing a jacket, or gloves, etc..., the you wear that same stuff on the range or it will screw you up.

I'm shocked he would opt not too. Hmmm.

SteelerSal
02-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Phil Simms is talking about this on Sirius.

Personally, I hadn't noticed but if I had my first thought would have been "what a moron."

He's worn his gloves all year and the year before that too. Apparently his WR's say it makes a big impact on the delivery (harder, faster, tighter).

Anyone who's ever been on a Marine Corps rifle range will tell ya, if you snap in wearing a jacket, or gloves, etc..., the you wear that same stuff on the range or it will screw you up.

I'm shocked he would opt not too. Hmmm.

I can see the passes being "harder, tighter and faster" with Ben wearing tacky gloves. I used to love throwing footballs wearing tacky gloves plus when I coached youth football, I had my qb's with small hands wear them. Better velocity and control throwing the ball because with the tacky glove, you don't have to squeeze the football which is a no-no. IMO

stillers4me
02-09-2011, 05:57 PM
He left them at the piano bar.

SteelerSal
02-09-2011, 06:00 PM
He left them at the piano bar.

DOH!!!:doh:

zulater
02-09-2011, 06:14 PM
I've heard the ball they use in the Super Bowl are different than the balls they use in a normal game, they're supposedly slicker and harder to control ( which is stupid of the league if true), anyway perhaps Ben just wasn't getting the right grip with his gloves?

NJarhead
02-09-2011, 06:23 PM
I've heard the ball they use in the Super Bowl are different than the balls they use in a normal game, they're supposedly slicker and harder to control ( which is stupid of the league if true), anyway perhaps Ben just wasn't getting the right grip with his gloves?

Actually, back when Kurt Warner started the whole glove craze, that was the selling point: the gripping ability.

NJarhead
02-09-2011, 06:39 PM
OT - Just heard some moron on NFL Network claim that Ben wasn't on his game in SB XLIII and that Santonio Holmes just made a great catch

Is this guy fucking serious?? The so called MVP dropped the previous perfect pass the would be MVP threw him. Where do these idiots come from?

Devilsdancefloor
02-09-2011, 06:57 PM
My son after the Pick six said oh dad he isnt wearing the bionic glove!!! someone get him a glove stat! i was wondering if that made a difference

ALLD
02-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Ben was rattled by something all game and it spread to BA and then to Mendy. We had them several times and blew it. Now I am sick.

86WARD
02-09-2011, 07:30 PM
I can buy it to a point. I think if he realized he wasn't wearing it and having problems, he should've put them on. He was just off his game from the beginning to the end...it was almost like he had too much time in the pocket.

NCSteeler
02-09-2011, 11:48 PM
I can buy it to a point. I think if he realized he wasn't wearing it and having problems, he should've put them on. He was just off his game from the beginning to the end...it was almost like he had too much time in the pocket.

They ATTACKED us by not rushing and not blitzing because that is BEn's strong suit. Our O suffers when they drop into heavy coverage, unless Ben can find a running seem. Their line did a very good job of creating a pocket , but not collapsing it.

86WARD
02-10-2011, 06:53 AM
They ATTACKED us by not rushing and not blitzing because that is BEn's strong suit. Our O suffers when they drop into heavy coverage, unless Ben can find a running seem. Their line did a very good job of creating a pocket , but not collapsing it.

Pretty much my point in less words. :)