PDA

View Full Version : Steelers lose defensive backs coach

stillers4me
02-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Ray Horton, a Steelers defensive backs coach since 2004, has accepted an offer to become the Arizona Cardinals' defensive coordinator.

Horton will be reunited with former Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt in Arizona. He took the job today after interviewing with Whisenhunt, Arizona's head coach since 2007, and the Cardinals.

The Cardinals will introduce Horton today at a 6 p.m. news conference...........

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_722130.html

Edman
02-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Even though we didn't lose Kevin Butler, I still think Whizzy is a needling and petty douchebag. Spiting the Steelers because they took Tomlin over him and his chum Russ. Beating them in XLIII made things even more bitter. I could understand interviewing other candidates, but the moment XLV was over, Whiz took aim right at Pittsburgh with a Guided Missile.

Oh well, best of luck with that pathetic defense, Ray.

tube517
02-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Eh, it might be good for a change. I don't blame Horton for moving on to a higher position, even with the Steelcards. Good luck to him but a change may be good for everyone.

Michael
02-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Sad to say but all the Card coaches will be gone in 3 to 4 years. Niners with Harbough, Seattle with Pete Carroll and Rams with Bradford will make life difficult for Whiz and his wanna be Steelers .

SteelerEmpire
02-09-2011, 05:54 PM
To Horton: "See ya... wouldn't want to be ya"... And don't let the door hit ya in the rear end...

steeldevil
02-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Meh.... Get another one. Could be a good change.

SteelerSal
02-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Even though we didn't lose Kevin Butler, I still think Whizzy is a needling and petty douchebag. Spiting the Steelers because they took Tomlin over him and his chum Russ. Beating them in XLIII made things even more bitter. I could understand interviewing other candidates, but the moment XLV was over, Whiz took aim right at Pittsburgh with a Guided Missile.

I disagree..Whiz is going after the Steelers because what the steelers has works..plain and simple. By him getting Horton, he just got an extension of LeBeau...smart thinking..thats what I would do if i was coaching an NFL team and needed a good D-cor.....go after an assistant from a team with a consistant top 5 defense every year.

Chidi29
02-09-2011, 05:58 PM

Whiz was probably looking at Butler and Horton the whole time but just couldn't go after him until our season was over. He had the chance to explore other options in the meantime. That's why he jumped on Horton once he became available. That and Dallas was pursuing him too.

It's not out of spite. He just thinks Horton is a good coach who deserves a promotion.

I'm just hoping we don't lose Omar Khan.

Michael
02-09-2011, 06:13 PM
The Cards will not replicate the Steeler's football culture in Phoenix Arizona. Try as he might it will never happen.

Butch
02-09-2011, 06:30 PM
As long as they don't go after Ike I will be alright with it.

The rats wanna be us too, but like the saying says...Often imitated never duplicated!!!

7SteelGal43
02-09-2011, 06:55 PM
oh noes, now our stellar secondary will go to sh*t !!!!!

"i love the smell of sarcasm in the morning"

Merchant
02-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Kugler and Everest have been improvements over their predecessors. Hopefully Horton's replacement will follow suit.

XxKnightxX
02-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Well coach Ray Ray, Were gonna be looking forward to torching your defense next season.

pepsyman1
02-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Kugler and Everest have been improvements over their predecessors. Hopefully Horton's replacement will follow suit.

I agree....it's not like our secondary hasn't been sliced and diced by some of the better passing teams. If it wasn't for Troy, we have seasons like 2009. I'd like a fresh pair of eyes (and a new CB) back there.

GBMelBlount
02-09-2011, 09:09 PM
I disagree..Whiz is going after the Steelers because what the steelers has works..plain and simple.

I agree Sal. I see it as a compliment.

Craic
02-09-2011, 10:06 PM
I sure hope he does as good with their defense as he did with our DB's this year. :heh:

SteelerSal
02-09-2011, 10:53 PM
I sure hope he does as good with their defense as he did with our DB's this year. :heh:

Can only do so much with what you have to work with. But you know that already, Preacher. :)

Steeldude
02-10-2011, 01:59 AM
so it's basically addition by substraction

SteelerFanInStl
02-10-2011, 08:57 AM

Yep, exactly what I was going to say. We'll see who they hire to replace him.

HometownGal
02-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Yep, exactly what I was going to say. We'll see who they hire to replace him.

I would have LOVED to have snatched Deshea before Wisenthief grabbed him. :doh:

SteelerFanInStl
02-10-2011, 09:46 AM
I would have LOVED to have snatched Deshea before Wisenthief grabbed him. :doh:

Yea, I would've loved to see Deshea back as the DB coach.

I popped over to a Cardinals message board to see what they were saying about hiring Horton and found this:

Whiz needs to get his suckling lips off the Steelers' teet.

:lol: I couldn't have said it any better myself!

HometownGal
02-10-2011, 09:52 AM
:lol: I couldn't have said it any better myself!

ROFL!!! :rofl: And how! :lol:

He's beyond the point of pathetic anymore.

SteelerFanInStl
02-10-2011, 09:58 AM
The other thing that I found interesting on that message board is how much the Cards fans are crying about the Steelers not allowing them to talk to Butler. Ahhhhh, poor babies! :lol:

HometownGal
02-10-2011, 10:17 AM
The other thing that I found interesting on that message board is how much the Cards fans are crying about the Steelers not allowing them to talk to Butler. Ahhhhh, poor babies! :lol:

Screw them. I think Butler may have interviewed with Wisenthief as a courtesy, but he is smart enough to know that he is the heir apparent to The Papa and will get to DC a REAL defense. :thumbsup:

SteelGhost
02-10-2011, 04:04 PM
I can see this as a good change, the weak link of the Steelers' defense has been the secondary corps anyway :noidea: Another DB's coach AND replacing BMac AND Gay will be nice to see to try to improve the Papa's defense IMHO

st33lersguy
02-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Good for him, he has his work cut out for him

salamander
02-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Well a change of coaching helped the o-line and special teams for the most part, so why not the secondary?

Craic
02-10-2011, 07:16 PM

http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4393822/AND-BINGO-WAS-HIS-NAME-O.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Victory-Baby

steelerdude15
02-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Hopefully the next coach will do a better job.