PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: Super Bowl loss lingers for Ward

stillers4me
02-09-2011, 05:14 AM
Hines Ward is hurting, and while not all of it comes from the Steelers' Super Bowl loss, he can have the other stuff repaired surgically. It will take awhile to fix the broken heart.
Ward will have two surgeries this week, the first on his left knee, the second on his left thumb. His knee, the one without an ACL, has cartilage damage that must be repaired, something that has bothered him since training camp. He has a torn ligament in his left thumb from throwing a block in the second game of the season at Tennessee. The thumb can bend all the way back past his wrist, which is why he wore a protective cast on it all season.

Ward isn't the only player who will have surgery. Rookie receiver Emmanuel Sanders will have his broken foot repaired and untold others are in line................

................Ward and five others gathered at James Farrior's home Monday night after they arrived from Texas to commiserate.
"We all got together to talk among each other about the game and get it off our chests. That's the best relief you need. When you're around family and friends they can always tell you, but they don't really know.........

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11040/1123988-66.stm

XxKnightxX
02-09-2011, 07:22 AM
Man, I clicked on the link and saw that picture and it hit me like an anvil falling on my heart. I would never want to get shrouded with that confetti if I were on the losing end. This ones gonna linger in for a while. I havent even turned on the TV since Sunday.

HometownGal
02-09-2011, 07:30 AM
"We had a phenomenal year, considering how we started, the teams we beat to get to that point,

I know you and the guys are sad and disappointed, Hines, but focus yourself on your own words above and be proud of everything you and the guys accomplished this season. I know I am! :tt02: :applaudit:

I'm happy as a pig in shit that Hines will be returning next season! :applaudit: Best of luck on your surgeries, Hines, and can't wait to see you at TC in July!

7SteelGal43
02-09-2011, 10:06 AM
**sigh** i did NOT need to see that pic this morning. I purposefully turned the channel right as Green Bay was getting ready to go into the victory formation. I just could not bring myself to watch it. Period.

HometownGal
02-09-2011, 10:10 AM
**sigh** i did NOT need to see that pic this morning. I purposefully turned the channel right as Green Bay was getting ready to go into the victory formation. I just could not bring myself to watch it. Period.

I turned my TV and radio off when the Steelers O failed on the last 4th down opportunity. Though I am happy for the Packers and their fans (better them than the Cheats* :heh:), I just couldn't bear to watch the Lombardi trophy presentation or the confetti celebration.

ALLD
02-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Alas, for they are not immortal anymore.

crcsnail
02-09-2011, 01:04 PM
i also have not watched anything on the net . i have only come here to read the SU posts. wardy is my fav player ,i even have a nice signed photo of him in my lounge :) even my wife lets the photo live in there, even though it doesnt go with the decor lol. im not to down. it was a great season, just not a great ending :( i have all the games from this season we won on hard drive . i never bother with the games we lost because i know i will never watch them . so u can guess i wont watch this superbowl again. i am also very optimistic about the following season ,(if it goes ahead). we still have a great team which many fans would die to have. so i definatly think we will make the playoffs next season and once in the playoffs who knows??

The WH
02-09-2011, 03:37 PM
I think I am lucky being in Sweden at times like these. The only times I hear or read about the Steelers loss in the SuperBowl is when I choose too. Not like back home where it was just inevitable that someone would talk about it. Catch the ESPN love fest for Aaron Rodgers. or see a newspaper headline.

I miss those things, but I don't miss those things.

fansince'76
02-09-2011, 03:38 PM
I turned my TV and radio off when the Steelers O failed on the last 4th down opportunity.

Same here.