PDA

View Full Version : Let me tell you about Mike Tomlin

stillers4me
02-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Two interesting things happened after his Steelers (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/PIT) lost to Green Bay on Sunday night in Super Bowl XLV. Well, I'm sure a lot more than two interesting things happened, but I saw two things that shed light on the man, not the coach. Neither anecdote demonstrates why Tomlin has been to two Super Bowls in four years as a head coach, but both showcase his leadership skills. Which, now that I think about it, has something to do with winning football.................

read more @

http://gregg-doyel.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/5881996/27421767

Dino 6 Rings
02-08-2011, 04:33 PM
we have a great head coach...I have a feeling he is not "settled" in with losing this game and our off season is going to include some serious fire and brimstone that none of us will ever hear about.

When he breaks down the tapes, and really shows the guys their mistakes...I hope they get hungry again by Feb 11th and come out ready to feed.

He doesn't seem like the kind of guy/man/coach that will ever be "ok" with a loss like this. Not when you had opportunities to win and flubbed time and time and time again.

Craic
02-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Man,

I fear camp next year! ALREADY!

Burghfan58
02-08-2011, 05:28 PM
I've been sold on Tomlin since the end of his first season. I like the way he handles himself and the players. I think he is still honing his gameday skills but I love his sharpness and wit and I beleive there are more trips to the Bowl in his future.

beSteelmyheart
02-08-2011, 06:05 PM
That's cool what he did with his kids.
(I still remember when my Grandfather taught me how to properly shake hands.. I was just a little girl & it made such an impression on me that while some childhood memories may fade away with time, some of them don't. And a limp noodle handshake is one of my pet peeves!)

polamalubeast
02-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Mike Tomlin has done an unbelievable job this year!The Steelers have participated in the Super Bowl despite a horrible off-season.

SMR
02-08-2011, 06:12 PM
That's cool what he did with his kids.
(I still remember when my Grandfather taught me how to properly shake hands.. I was just a little girl & it made such an impression on me that while some childhood memories may fade away with time, some of them don't. And a limp noodle handshake is one of my pet peeves!)

I hear ya! I hate those noodle handshakes! GRRRRR... One of my childhood buddies STILL does it. Sigh...

Kaeg
02-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Look at the comments below the article. They're all positive at this point that I've seen, and none of them claim to be Steelers fans.

Edman
02-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Even though we lost. Mike Tomlin is still one hell of a coach. He's going to be talked about in this town for years to come.

When he got there the first time, there were still questions on wether or not he's truly legitimate, and that the SB run was a fluke. Well, he got back there again a mere TWO years later. He fell short this time, but I think he's proven himself as legit regardless of the outcome Sunday. He already surpassed Cowher in my book, no due disrespect to the Chin, but what Tomlin has done is damn good. As sloppy as the Steelers played Sunday, they were STILL just a few plays away from taking XLV. It's incredible, after all the garbage the Steelers went through last offseason. Tomlin has PUT his stamp on the team.

Mike Tomlin is a marvelous coach, and I'm glad he's with the Steelers. Judging by the success of these past drafts, the Steelers will be fine with him.

Losing XLV is not the end, it's only the beginning.

Merchant
02-08-2011, 07:27 PM
While the coaching carousel around the NFL continues.. the Steelers are set for a long, long time.

SMR
02-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Fantastic thread. To be honest, I have been a BIG fan of Tomlin since the end of 2007.

XxKnightxX
02-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Man,

I fear camp next year! ALREADY!
Id start off camp with a meeting and with embarrasing highlights of how the team played when it really mattered the most. If that doesnt motivate you or get you angry to redeem yourself, then I dont know what else. A lot of these players are gonna have a bitter taste in their mouth come July and this is gonna be one hell of an angry team.

pepsyman1
02-08-2011, 09:55 PM
I think we made a great choice in picking Mike Tomlin as our head coach. He has great respect for Steelers history and tradition and values the fans of Steeler Nation and always handles himself like a pro. A great leader, doesn't make excuses and tells it like it is. I think the only time I've ever been disappointed was last years "we will unleash hell" and then no changes were made.

steelerdude15
02-08-2011, 10:16 PM
One of the greatest coaches in the NFL and I can easily remember how some of us wanted him gone last year.... shame on them.