PDA

View Full Version : How are you handling the smart alecs

Craic
02-07-2011, 09:50 PM
How are you handling the smart alecs that want to rub your nose in the loss?

I developed a standard line this morning when a buddy posted something on facebook.

"Naaa, six lombardies eases the pain quite a lot."

tube517
02-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Unfortunately, so many of my friends are Cryboys fans. I just say 6>5 or when was the last time you were in the playoffs again?

zulater
02-07-2011, 10:05 PM
I just laugh them off, who cares? The Steelers played in the last meaningfull game of the season, only one team had a better season, and no one's history is greater, so what do any of us have to hang our head about?

BlastFurnace
02-07-2011, 10:09 PM
I apply the principal of Proverbs 25:21-22...and compliment them

Proverbs 25:21-22

21 If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;
if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.
22 In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head,
and the LORD will reward you.

Craic
02-07-2011, 10:10 PM
I apply the principal of Proverbs 25:21-22...and compliment them

Proverbs 25:21-22

21 If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;
if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.
22 In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head,
and the LORD will reward you.

Yeah, but when it is your fellow bible college buddies... :chuckle:

salamander
02-07-2011, 10:15 PM
My uncle said it best after the game on Sunday... "If anyone wants to bust you about the Steelers, just tell 'em to f*ck off" :chuckle:

Merchant
02-07-2011, 10:15 PM
I ignore em. I only know one true Packers fan, and all he said was "Good game budd. Close one." The rest are just a bunch of morons trying to get a reaction out of me. I don't give em the satisfaction of getting that reaction.

Edman
02-07-2011, 10:27 PM
No one has given me any crap about the loss.

Losing the big Bowl sucks, but there is a sense of pride that comes with it. As badly as the Steelers played yesterday with all their turnovers, they still had several legitimate chances to win the game.

Getting 7 would've been nice, but the only thing we lost yesterday was a chance to pull away from the others in the 'Most Lombardies' race. At the end of the day, we still have SIX, more than anyone else. Remember, six is better than five, Cryboy fans.

BlastFurnace
02-07-2011, 10:35 PM
One thing that I hate about sports, is that the team that loses in the Championship Game gets picked apart by the media...where all the holes are on the team, etc. Then you have fans that act like the loser of the game stinks. It doesn't matter the sport. It happens in all of them.

Steel Hurtin
02-07-2011, 10:38 PM
I could care less to be honest. Steelers fans are used to the hate, whether we make it to the Super Bowl or not.

steelreserve
02-07-2011, 10:47 PM
"Yeah? Blow me."

Craic
02-07-2011, 10:54 PM
One thing that I hate about sports, is that the team that loses in the Championship Game gets picked apart by the media...where all the holes are on the team, etc. Then you have fans that act like the loser of the game stinks. It doesn't matter the sport. It happens in all of them.

Exactly.

Have even seen fans say that this game proves that Clay Matthews should have won the DPOY award.

X-Terminator
02-07-2011, 11:43 PM
"Yeah? Blow me."

Either that or give him an RKO (for you wrasslin' fans out there).

tube517
02-07-2011, 11:55 PM
I'd prefer a Stunner w/2 middle fingers or The People's Elbow combined w/ The Rock Bottom. :heh:

Either that or give him an RKO (for you wrasslin' fans out there).

Craic
02-08-2011, 12:27 AM
I'd prefer a Stunner w/2 middle fingers or The People's Elbow combined w/ The Rock Bottom. :heh:

Or go old skool with a "Hands of Stone Ronnie Garvin Knock-out Punch" :wink02:

HometownGal
02-08-2011, 06:38 AM
It really is a blessing to live in the Burgh. When I was out for a bit yesterday, I saw a lot of people wearing their Steelers gear, including yours truly! :tt02:

I rarely ever run into fans from other teams but when I do and they make a comment about my Steelers, I just hold up six fingers and smile and that usually shuts them right up. :heh:

vasteeler
02-08-2011, 07:20 AM
i usually just say" well, when you have been to 8 superbowls you are bound to lose a couple"

43Hitman
02-08-2011, 07:23 AM
i usually just say" well, when you have been to 8 superbowls you are bound to louse a couple"

this.

Pete The Greek
02-08-2011, 08:49 AM
I am ignoring them. This loss still stings.

tube517
02-08-2011, 08:51 AM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/168900_1425351452073_1781375525_793127_6591997_n.j pg

Dino 6 Rings
02-08-2011, 09:06 AM
not well...I'm using violent vulgarity.

I had off yesterday, but people have "mentioned" it to me and tried to laugh...I've been pretty nasty. Hopefully word spreads to leave me the fck alone.

SteelerEmpire
02-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Usually their not packers fans, just fans of other teams or "media" born fans because of the media's hyping of the packers for this game that give me a hard time. I just poke fun at their for real team or ask them a question a "real" packers fan would know... like what is the first and last name of their head coach. lol... half cannot answer that one.
But if I have to, I just use the good ol' fail safe rebuttal: we STILL are the kings of the hill with 6 SB's ! That shuts em up every time.

Devilsdancefloor
02-08-2011, 09:41 AM
NOT very well, but give me a few days

BigPoppaG
02-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Surrounded by deadskin fans...what are they gonna say?:rofl2:

Lambert_Loonie
02-08-2011, 10:13 AM
I give credit to Green Bay, admit that Pittsburgh didn't play up to their standard and mention that the Steelers will be back in the Super Bowl again, because that's what they do. :D

steeldevil
02-08-2011, 10:39 AM
No one really said anything. Its Duke-Carolina week. That is keeping people from saying shit to me as well as well as keeping my mind off the loss.

Of course, if Duke loses tomorrow I won't hear the end of that for a whhhiiillleeeee.....

GutterflowerSteel
02-08-2011, 11:07 AM
It can be rough here in Raisins country - they're SO gleeful, and even the local tv news anchors commented before the game that they hoped the Steelers would lose. I just give credit where it's due - I did tell one loudmouth that as long as the Steelers continue to beat their sorry Raisin asses, then I'm good :tt02:

X-Terminator
02-08-2011, 11:09 AM

I can live with the Stunner, but the RKO is just more...final, if you ask me! :lol: And I have to admit...I really miss The Rock in the ring and the People's Elbow. Too bad he's gone Hollywood.

"Hands of Stone" Ronnie Garvin...man, that brings back memories and also shows my age!

tube517
02-08-2011, 11:36 AM
B-b-bb-b-b-but Ronnie sold out and got paid off by JJ Dillon and the Horsemen! :rofl2:

SteelCityMan786
02-08-2011, 12:04 PM
I just give em something like this: I know of 30 other teams that would have loved to have traded places with us, and several fans would love to trade what I have got to enjoy in 19 years of living.

steelersfan425
02-08-2011, 12:51 PM
sunday after we lost the fan club i go to in tacoma washington some packers fans got into it with some steelers fans and a packer fan pulled a knife and shit got crazy until the cops showed up alot of haters were i live i want to move back to the burgh this summer hopefully.

XxKnightxX
02-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Well being from the NY giant and NY jets land. No giants fans gave me crap, they wanted us to win, since they dont like the fact that the Packers eliminated them out of the playoffs this year. And seeing one of my friends whos a die hard jet fan wearing a GREEN BAY Favre jersey and trying to talk smack to me. I embarrassed him on Facebook and Blackberry Messenger, and when he tried to talk trash I just said 'You know its pretty sad when you consider your last good QB to be Joe Namath. You guys act like youve won something lately." Then he tried to back off and say 'good luck' . And I told him, ' good luck to you too and your 16 free agents next season'. I basically stomped his teeth out with that one.

Moose
02-08-2011, 01:18 PM
I've been pretty lucky so far also. Living here in SE Indiana I have nothing but bungholes and a some colts and brown fans. Colt fans have been pretty classy saying they were rooting for us.....brown fans haven't said a word....and a few bungholes started talking crap but they are soooooooo easy to shut down it's fun for me. They always root for the Steeler's opposing team, so they are fans of many, many colors. I always ask them exactly what is it that they can brag about ? They have players wanting to change names...not once but twice, they have major players wanting to get out of town immediately or retire......they have a phrase/chant of 'who dey' which is answered by usually 31 other teams a time or two and they still are soooooo stupid they haven't changed the phrase/chant yet....and if ANY bunghole fan knew anything about football they wouldn't be a bunghole fan....the ONLY reason they won the division recently is because the Steeler's and ratbirds were unhealthy.....and the final one is I usually simply tell them (as I'm walking away ) "arguing football with a bunghole fan is like spending time putting a screen door on a submarine....completely useless and a waste of time " !!! LMAO that usually shuts down the smack !! As I said, I'm lucky so far.

Rodwoodsonwasprettycool
02-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Browns fan here.

Depends on the guy and what sort of comment I say to them, I'll generally be sympathetic to their plight if they're pretty nice overall. I wore a packers hat around campus at my college and various other places and got a few nasty comments, but one guy just sort of had a chuckle at it, noting my Browns hoodie going "Come on man". I said, "At least you guys made it", and we both had a laugh.

it's what it boils down to, if you're generally a nice guy, I won't say anything, and I may even throw a few nice words at you.

Dino 6 Rings
02-08-2011, 01:49 PM
well...I'm in kind of Cowboy land...same guy just came over and tried to call me out for being "vulgar" earlier...considering he just wanted to rub in that the Steelers lost and not talk about the actual game at all...I told him...bottom line...

"I'm going to update my Online Forum Signatures to all read, "Tony Romo's ballllls on 'his name' face"

figured that would make my point, since pretty much, between this forum, the fever, and the pats forum I post on, that googling his name would pretty much bring that up on the front page.

he walked away...pretty sure he'll leave me alone after that threat.

7SteelGal43
02-08-2011, 02:17 PM
I was representin with my colors on today and some jerk gets in my face and says "Steelers suck" to which I opened my jacket to reveal my Sixburgh t-shirt and said "yeah, 6 Super Bowls worth of suck" then he said "you didn't really think you were gonna win in our house, did you?" To that I started laughing and said "You're team is a joke" and walked off.

RWWPC, I'm not one that gloats either, and I hate sore losers/winners. That's why it really gets on my nerves when some jackwagon starts talkin smack. What was really funny was when somebody started some sh*t AFTER we had WON XL. Boy did I give him an earful...no vulgarity or cuss words, though. I'm too classy. :nod:

tube517
02-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Figures, Dallas Brokeback fans are the worst bandwagon fans ever. They can have "their house" with the f'd up field. They have been stuck at 5 for 15 years and aren't getting any closer, losers.

I was representin with my colors on today and some jerk gets in my face and says "Steelers suck" to which I opened my jacket to reveal my Sixburgh t-shirt and said "yeah, 6 Super Bowls worth of suck" then he said "you didn't really think you were gonna win in our house, did you?" To that I started laughing and said "You're team is a joke" and walked off.

touchdownward
02-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Handling smart alecs, simple, I just say "well you can't win it every year". With our six rings and 8 SB appearances since '74, most fans of other teams probably won't admit it, but they would kill to be in our position. To hell with the haters!

silver & black
02-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Why would you care what anyone has to say? Your team just got done playing in the Superbowl... for the eighth time. The other 30 teams watched. Just remember... people love to hate a winner. My team hasn't played in as many SB's as your's, but they've been there five times, so I know what it's like to deal with a$$holes after a loss in the SB. You made to the dance... that's what any team and it's fans want.

GoSlash27
02-08-2011, 06:12 PM
I just beat 'em to the punch. Tell 'em that the payoff check for the refs bounced, didn't mind it all that much because I like the Packers, and ask them what their team was doing during the superbowl.

SMR
02-08-2011, 06:18 PM
I just laugh them off, who cares? The Steelers played in the last meaningfull game of the season, only one team had a better season, and no one's history is greater, so what do any of us have to hang our head about?

Ditto. I've said basically the same thing except (since I live in Clowns Country),and I reply, "How many Super Bowls have Cleveland won? Oh wait....they haven't even gone to one" and than I let out a hearty laughter that echoes through several square miles.

Ahh....I feel good!

Count Steeler
02-08-2011, 06:36 PM
The pain of the lose is subsiding. It is only painful because we played a poor game. If we played a mediocre game we would have won. If we played an excellent game, GB would have been road kill.

I would love to play this game again, next year, right around this time. Me thinks we would see a much different result.

SMR
02-08-2011, 07:30 PM
The pain of the lose is subsiding. It is only painful because we played a poor game. If we played a mediocre game we would have won. If we played an excellent game, GB would have been road kill.

I would love to play this game again, next year, right around this time. Me thinks we would see a much different result.

I agree. We gave up THREE turnovers which resulted in giving up 21 points and still we lost by only 6 points at the end (that is Green Bay not giving up one turnover). Imagine that!

dislocatedday
02-08-2011, 10:29 PM
I live in Maryland just north of Washington DC, and work with quite a number of Ravens fans. They are all good guys though (...believe it or not...), but still I expected several smart alec comments when I returned to the office today. They all offered their condolences surprisingly. One guy asked me if I was on suicide watch yesterday as he knows how much I love the Steelers.

I still wear my Steelers gear proudly when I'm out, and if I do happen to have a Ravens fan give me grief I have my line ready to go:

Question: How do you stop a Ravens fan from masturbating?

Answer: Paint his pecker black and gold and then he will never beat it.

86WARD
02-08-2011, 11:08 PM
meh...most of the garbage comes from Eagles fans. I look down on Eagles fans...lol.

7SteelGal43
02-09-2011, 07:00 PM
meh...most of the garbage comes from Eagles fans. I look down on Eagles fans...lol.

Doesn't everybody ?

NJarhead
02-09-2011, 07:09 PM
The only folks I know who are in a position to say anything are Packers fans and they are cool. Jets fans and Ravens fans have tried, but it's a short conversation let me assure you.

86WARD
02-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Doesn't everybody ?

good point...

Devilsdancefloor
02-09-2011, 07:34 PM
well i thought i was over it and moving on, but tonight at teh gym i about dropped a 25lb weight on a packer fan. i had flashes of doing it laughing like a evil villian, but i dropped and said oops this thing is slippery...

NJarhead
02-09-2011, 07:37 PM
well i thought i was over it and moving on, but tonight at teh gym i about dropped a 25lb weight on a packer fan. i had flashes of doing it laughing like a evil villian, but i dropped and said oops this thing is slippery...
haha.

Should have found a Cowboys fan to just throw it at.