PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE FROM HINES: Looking forward

XxKnightxX
02-07-2011, 03:03 PM
This is coming from his facebook page.
"I'm at a total loss for words. I'm honestly emotionally drained. I wanted to win so badly. I left everything out on that field. I'm so disappointed in how we played. I want to apologize to the Steeler Nation for not bringing the 7th one home where it belongs this time. We all know what happened in the game. My mom and others have said that we had a great year if you look at where we started and where we ended up playing in the Super Bowl. I guess so but this game hurts. SORRY we fell short of our goal. But I personally am determined to win it next year. All the more reason for me to come back and do my part'

I NEVER want this guy to retire. He doesn't think , he KNOWS at the state that we are at, were at a down period, a very disappointing state, and these words are down from his heart, this guy never goes down, he never relents, and it sure as hell put a smile in me in this very , very dull day. The Steeler nation is behind you Hines.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/note.php?note_id=192580717427518&comments

Merchant
02-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Hines is crucial to the development of our very young receiving corps. If we win #7 anytime soon, he will be a big reason why.

steelreserve
02-07-2011, 03:19 PM
I love this guy. I was starting to think his play was beginning to drop off, but he really came out kicking ass yesterday and showed he's still got it. Plus his attitude is just tops. Plus we never have to worry about him tearing his ACL. Obviously great to know he's coming back.

Devilsdancefloor
02-07-2011, 03:24 PM
I love this guy. I was starting to think his play was beginning to drop off, but he really came out kicking ass yesterday and showed he's still got it. Plus his attitude is just tops. Plus we never have to worry about him tearing his ACL. Obviously great to know he's coming back.

Ok i just got the first laugh of a very LONGGGGGGGG day thank you!

I love hines! great attitude always

NJarhead
02-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Thank you Hines. You are the epitome to me of what a Steeler should be. You'll always be my favorite.

Barring injuries, I think we're going to be a very dangerous team next year. Minimal holes to plug (assuming we extend Wood and Ike). O-line may be an issue depending on who comes, goes and stays and our secondary is one player away from being outstanding versus average.

QB? Got one.
Running game? Have it.
WR's? Got 'em.
O-Line? area that needs attention
D-Line? Need to add depth.
Line backers? Oh yea.
DB's? - one player away.

Special teams....I honestly am not sure. We could go either way there.

polamalubeast
02-07-2011, 04:04 PM
I wonder how the fans Bills have made to live the pain of losing four Super Bowls in a row.....The Steelers just lost a super bowl and it's a very bad feeling..... If the Steelers lost four in a row, I go crazy!

At least I saw the steelers won 2 Super Bowl and helps me to console me!

JonM229
02-07-2011, 04:06 PM
I knew you guys were in trouble when I saw that he wasn't smiling halfway through the 4th quarter

HometownGal
02-07-2011, 04:09 PM
That's our Hines! :applaudit: :drink: We are so blessed to have such a terrific athlete and person in the black 'n gold! :tt02:

Just like Hines, I believe in my heart that we are going to be back to the big game again next season. :tt03:

stillers4me
02-07-2011, 04:12 PM
That's our Hines! :applaudit: :drink: We are so blessed to have such a terrific athlete and person in the black 'n gold! :tt02:

Just like Hines, I believe in my heart that we are going to be back to the big game again next season. :tt03:

Yep. Those people should take the free tickets for next year. Indy here we come!!

Count Steeler
02-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Thanks for your words Hines. You have the full support of Steeler Nation. We look forward to having you back next year and we are still on the stairway to seven.

ALLD
02-07-2011, 05:20 PM
One more time so he can go out like the Bus. Lots of "Ifs" from picks to fumbles, but he was the most consisnt skill player last night.

NJarhead
02-07-2011, 05:26 PM
I wonder how the fans Bills have made to live the pain of losing four Super Bowls in a row.....The Steelers just lost a super bowl and it's a very bad feeling..... If the Steelers lost four in a row, I go crazy!

At least I saw the steelers won 2 Super Bowl and helps me to console me!

This one isn't as bad (to me) as XXX against Dallas. That one really hurt.

Borski
02-07-2011, 11:08 PM
This loss wasnt as bad for me as I thought it would be. I think being able to see us bring 2 super bowls home in my lifetime was more then many other fans will get to see and we are still a strong team with a chance to win another 1, 2 or even 3 more

43Hitman
02-08-2011, 07:11 AM

yeah, I still can't watch that game.

SteelerSal
02-08-2011, 07:59 AM

Same here...for me because it took so long to go from XIV to XXX as compared to our third appearance in 6 years...still hurts, don't get me wrong, just not as bad.

steelpride12
02-08-2011, 08:12 AM
This is why Hines is my favorite player, deserves to be in the HOF other than stats, and has a heart of black and gold! We all love you Hines and we know how hard he truly works each day to give this team a chance to bring #7 home and I have a feeling him and everyone else will work just a tad bit harder to return next season.

SteelerEmpire
02-08-2011, 08:25 AM
Hines:
"But I personally am determined to win it next year."

I basically hear that type of determination from several players from the team since the game. Maybe this loss, and it very well could be, a blessing in disguise...

86WARD
02-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Bad ass.

Iron Steeler
02-08-2011, 11:25 PM
LETS DO THIS HINES!!!

BnG_Hevn
02-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Same here...for me because it took so long to go from XIV to XXX as compared to our third appearance in 6 years...still hurts, don't get me wrong, just not as bad.

This one was not NEARLY as bad as XXX simply because in XXX, we "should have and could have won". This one, the Steelers just got beat soundly. In the end, a loss is much easier to take if you actually get beat. The Packers did to the Steelers what the Steelers normally do to other teams.

tube517
02-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Hines doesn't need to apologize. He is a co-captain, SB MVP, best damn blocking WR, sprained his knee in the AFCC game in 2008-09 and fought hard to play in SB XLIII. Hines is all blood and guts out there. He's been in 3 Super Bowls, 5 AFC Championship games and is the heart and soul of the team. As Bill Parcells told him - I like the way you play. Keep playing that way,

stillers4me
02-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Looking forward...

by Hines Ward (http://www.facebook.com/officialhinesward) on Wednesday, February 9, 2011 at 9:20am

Over my depression mode. I didn't sleep for 2 days. I couldn't watch tv cause I didn't want to see them celebrating. I was
sick to my stomach. Our exit meetings were sad to see because there will be some changes in coaches and players. With the lock out looming over next year it's a little nerve wracking because you don't know what the future holds. I'm off to tune my body up and get a jump start on prepping for next year. Been playing hurt all season so hopefully I can come back feeling better than I did this season. Wish me luck.
Hines

NJarhead
02-09-2011, 05:04 PM

Yep, exactly that. I'm actually fine until I see anything Super Bowl or Green Bay related. haha. *sobs uncontrollably*

NJarhead
02-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Looking forward...

by Hines Ward (http://www.facebook.com/officialhinesward) on Wednesday, February 9, 2011 at 9:20am

Over my depression mode. I didn't sleep for 2 days. I couldn't watch tv cause I didn't want to see them celebrating. I was
sick to my stomach. Our exit meetings were sad to see because there will be some changes in coaches and players. With the lock out looming over next year it's a little nerve wracking because you don't know what the future holds. I'm off to tune my body up and get a jump start on prepping for next year. Been playing hurt all season so hopefully I can come back feeling better than I did this season. Wish me luck.
Hines

I still have faith the powers that be will get it done. No football = no winners. Everybody loses in that scenario.

Good luck Hines!

stillers4me
02-09-2011, 05:09 PM
I talked to my brother on the phone today. He said he's sick of seeing Rogers with that damn belt on him every time he turns the TV on.

Me.....I haven't even seen that. We've been on a sports network free marathon since sunday night.

NJarhead
02-09-2011, 05:11 PM
I talked to my brother on the phone today. He said he's sick of seeing Rogers with that damn belt on him every time he turns the TV on.

Me.....I haven't even seen that. We've been on a sports network free marathon since sunday night.

I check the NFL channel here and there for updates and I did watch the breakdown of the game. But I'm torturing myself with Sirius NFL Radio.

7SteelGal43
02-09-2011, 07:04 PM
I knew you guys were in trouble when I saw that he wasn't smiling halfway through the 4th quarter

I knew we were in trouble when I saw Tomlin on the sideline chewing his nails......literally. I looked at my bro-in-law and said "that's not good"

7SteelGal43
02-09-2011, 07:15 PM
when, and I hope it's a LONG time away, Hines retires, I'd love the Steelers to hire him as WRs coach or to work with the WRs. AND, I'd LOVE Batch to be hired on as QBs coach or to work with the QBs.

NJarhead
02-09-2011, 07:17 PM
when, and I hope it's a LONG time away, Hines retires, I'd love the Steelers to hire him as WRs coach or to work with the WRs. AND, I'd LOVE Batch to be hired on as QBs coach or to work with the QBs.

He kind of fills that role now and from what I gather, he's good at it. Jason Garrett was a career back up too, so....

I guess I'm not going to get my wish for Rod to come and coach in our defense.

Bluecoat96
02-09-2011, 08:01 PM
He kind of fills that role now and from what I gather, he's good at it. Jason Garrett was a career back up too, so....

I guess I'm not going to get my wish for Rod to come and coach in our defense.

Well...we do need a new DB coach. :)

pepsyman1
02-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Well...we do need a new DB coach. :)

Don't know if he's got ability as a coach, but how cool would that be? We need another CB like Rod Woodson to turn this defense into a real pressure cooker.