PDA

View Full Version : Doug Legursky

tube517
02-07-2011, 11:05 AM
The Big Legursky is the OL version of Chris Hoke. Valuable backup. They need to keep him around.

zulater
02-07-2011, 11:13 AM
The Big Legursky is the OL version of Chris Hoke. Valuable backup. They need to keep him around.

Can't see any reason that they wont?

HometownGal
02-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Oh most definitely. Legursky played extremely well subbing for Pouncey and I give him major props! :applaudit:

Just George
02-07-2011, 11:20 AM
how many positions has Legs covered this season?

tube517
02-07-2011, 11:21 AM
He will be the next QB since everyone wants to trade Ben now.

zulater
02-07-2011, 11:25 AM

Just the vocal minority, most understand that Ben is a damn good qb. .

tube517
02-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Oh, of course. It's just stupid that people want to make Ben out to be Neil O' Donnell when he's already got 2 rings. He still got this team to the Super Bowl and still fought back to get them in a position to win. It's a learning experience for Ben but he'll be back.

Just the vocal minority, most understand that Ben is a damn good qb. .

SteelerSal
02-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Legursky played his ass of yesterday...

Merchant
02-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Raji wasn't even a factor in the game. Legursky shut him down.

Chidi29
02-07-2011, 02:38 PM

He's played everything on the interior. LG, C, RG. Also FB in Bronko packages.

Chidi29
02-07-2011, 02:39 PM
It should be pointed out that Legursky has NOT played either tackle spot, as it sounded like some analysts were saying earlier in the week leading up to the game. They had said Legursky had played everywhere on the line. Not true.

Just George
02-07-2011, 02:55 PM
He's played everything on the interior. LG, C, RG. Also FB in Bronko packages.

I gotta say for the amount of movement put on him, He has done well. I know alot of people think "oh, there is not much difference in the o-line positions" but darn it there is alot to learn at each one. It is a testiment to his skill that he has done so well.

steelerdude15
02-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Doug has certainly gained my trust, I hope he stays and maybe become a starter.

KeiselPower99
02-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Craig Wolfley wrote an article last week that said had Pouncey not been Pouncey that Legursky wouldve beat Hartwig for the center postion. Last night proved why everyone on the team loves him and the way he plays. i imagine Doug will be around for awhile.

steelreserve
02-07-2011, 03:22 PM
It should be pointed out that Legursky has NOT played either tackle spot, as it sounded like some analysts were saying earlier in the week leading up to the game. They had said Legursky had played everywhere on the line. Not true.

I thought he did for a few plays against the Jets? Or maybe he played guard and Foster moved over to tackle. That would make more sense, but I swear I remember seeing a white guy on the end of the line and being surprised.

At any rate, he filled in admirably after having some time to practice the exchange.

Chidi29
02-07-2011, 04:01 PM
I thought he did for a few plays against the Jets? Or maybe he played guard and Foster moved over to tackle. That would make more sense, but I swear I remember seeing a white guy on the end of the line and being surprised.

At any rate, he filled in admirably after having some time to practice the exchange.

I don't remember us having to make any changes along the o-line in the Jets game. Are you referring to Week 15 or the Championship game? Although I don't remember that happening in either game.

I know Foster moved to RT in the Ravens playoff game. Legursky was at RG.

Count Steeler
02-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Raji who? O line played very well. Way to go guys, way to pull together despite injuries. Kudos to Kugler.

GodfatherofSoul
02-07-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm not good at reading O-line play, but I thought the Packers had the middle of the line stuffed all game. We always seemed to be bouncing running plays outside. I can't tell if this was Legursky or my misinterpretation. Besides, a NT doesn't have to be getting sacks to impact a game, just sucking up blockers.

Austin87
02-08-2011, 01:40 AM
Legursky played really well,he could be a valuable backup for years to come.

Galax Steeler
02-08-2011, 03:20 AM
I thought he played a really good game he should not be going anywhere.

86WARD
02-08-2011, 07:06 AM
Played excellent and definitely need to keep him.

salamander
02-08-2011, 09:31 AM
I don't remember us having to make any changes along the o-line in the Jets game. Are you referring to Week 15 or the Championship game? Although I don't remember that happening in either game.

I know Foster moved to RT in the Ravens playoff game. Legursky was at RG.

Just about everyone on the o-line got hurt at some point in the AFCC game. It was a free for all in that game. The line reached critical status at one point.

Devilsdancefloor
02-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Legs played 2 plays at LT when scott got hurt and we where outta lineman in the AFCCG or maybe it was the ratbirds game.. when ever flo had the flu

BigPoppaG
02-08-2011, 10:11 AM
A team player for sure!

Lambert_Loonie
02-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Legursky should definitely be a starter next season. Foster, Hills & Scott have to go.

Chidi29
02-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Legs played 2 plays at LT when scott got hurt and we where outta lineman in the AFCCG or maybe it was the ratbirds game.. when ever flo had the flu

I have it recorded as Essex playing LT and Legursky at RG.

Moose
02-08-2011, 02:56 PM
My hat off to Legursky also !! He stepped up to the challenge and excelled greatly. I don't remember hearing Raji name mentioned once. I hope they definitely keep him around for future use. Congrats Doug !!

zulater
02-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Legursky should definitely be a starter next season. Foster, Hills & Scott have to go.

What did Foster do wrong? I thought Foster was an assett throughout the playoffs. Scott actually came through and played fairly well too in the post season.

Hills, not so much.

Craic
02-08-2011, 04:33 PM
I have it recorded as Essex playing LT and Legursky at RG.

I think that is right. I think they moved Essex out. I still don't know why they don't have essex challenge Starks for that position.

BigNastyDefense
02-08-2011, 05:46 PM
I think Legursky should get a chance to start at RG next season. Let him compete for the job.

In the first round, I think we are going offensive line again. If Legursky can start at RG, then we can draft someone to play tackle.

SMR
02-08-2011, 06:03 PM

ROFL!!!