PDA

View Full Version : TROY & HARRISON ?

Moose
02-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Is it just me or has Troy and Harrison play been changed and lacking the past 2-3 games ? Is Troy's injury more than what we are told ? Was Harrison told to tone down or has he become afraid to play Steeler football ? I don't want to stir up crap, because I'm a big, big fan of Troy and Harrison, but I sure DID miss their style of play. It was hard to find Troy in many of those pass plays Sunday night. And Harrison seemed to be maintained pretty well in the pass games. I really felt that Aaron's had a concussion ( hence the new helmet) and all it would take was a good - hard- knockdown by Harrison to sideline Aaron's for the rest of the game....but as we all know that didn't happen. Maybe it's just me, but Troy and big ole' Harrison just didn't seem to be playing Steeler football as they did the beginning of the year.

tube517
02-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Troy gambles alot. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. That's football and that's life. We don't win the division without Troy. Harrison was fine. These guys can't be everywhere all the time. There was another team playing and their OL did the job protecting Aaron and Aaron got rid of the ball when he needed to. Do the Steelers have a great defense. Yeah. Are they invincible? No. Does the defense have weaknesses. Yep.

BlastFurnace
02-07-2011, 10:11 AM
I don't think that Troy is healthy. I have a feeling that his achilles is worse than we realize.

stillers4me
02-07-2011, 10:14 AM
I think Ben was playing through some pain last night , too.

Didn't it seem like all someone had to do was fall on that turf and they were suddebly out of the game??

steelreserve
02-07-2011, 10:25 AM
I was wondering if the injury was affecting his play ... but the more I think about it, Troy never looks good when we're playing the sit-back. That's what we've done in all our high-profile losses this year, as well as the Jets near-collapse.

Moose
02-07-2011, 10:32 AM
I definitely agree we don't win without Troy or Harrison playing....at least it makes it alot easier having them in the game due to the fact the opponents have to plan for them. But it just seemed to me that both were 'absent ' Sunday night. I saw Harrison coming thru the line many times, but he seemed to be 'soft' on his plays. And I think Troy seemed to be playing deep most of the night, but I figured that was due to our pathetic CB's and Troy was trying to cover all the yards the CB's were giving up. Just think how great it would have been if Harrison could have laid one of his famous smack's on Aaron .....ahhhhh, a thing of beauty.

Shawn
02-07-2011, 10:55 AM
I do think Troy's achilles is worse than we realize - I've been thinking that since the playoffs began.

kittenfantastico76
02-07-2011, 10:59 AM
I was wondering the same thing - I hope they all of the players have a restful time off and are back in great condition come training time. Ben will probably enjoy being able to get his nose fixed and his foot taken care of - and I'm sure Troy will be happy to get his achilles back in shape. I hope that Harrison will spend his time off practicing the "approved" way to hit and maximize it to the full extent to get the most out of it for our defense. I miss the old style, but I understand that changes had to be made, switched up and taken into consideration for the games and their health.

tube517
02-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Goodhell will just change the rules again once Harrison has a 3 sack game or leads the NFL in sacks and forced fumbles.

I was wondering the same thing - I hope they all of the players have a restful time off and are back in great condition come training time. Ben will probably enjoy being able to get his nose fixed and his foot taken care of - and I'm sure Troy will be happy to get his achilles back in shape. I hope that Harrison will spend his time off practicing the "approved" way to hit and maximize it to the full extent to get the most out of it for our defense. I miss the old style, but I understand that changes had to be made, switched up and taken into consideration for the games and their health.

smokin3000gt
02-07-2011, 11:33 AM
It also seemed to me that our pass rushers were easing up on AR in fear of a flag and automatic first down. Can't say that I blame them because if they did lay the wood on AR we would have been flagged. If we were aloud to hit him the way Ben gets it then I think AR would've been more hurried/inaccurate in the pocket. As far as Troy goes, really surprised we haven't seen any splash plays from him. I also wonder if he is 100%.