PDA

View Full Version : Number 7.

Edman
02-06-2011, 11:22 PM
Not the trophy that will have to wait. The Other number 7.

I'm extremely disappointed in him tonight. For all his career he's been talked down as a game manager and just a guy who was just along for the ride on good Steeler teams. XLV was his time to step up on the big stage and put himself among the greats. He could've done it tonight. Going up against media darling Aaron Rodgers. This was Ben's opportunity to shut everyone up.

Instead he shat the bed worse than any Steeler QB I've ever seen since O'Donnell in XXX with an ATROCIOUS performance. Outdueled by Aaron Rodgers, who had never been there before, who won MVP. Rodgers looked like the QB who has been to three SB's.

With tonight's debacle, he unfortunately gave credence to the critics. Not as a guy who won his titles outright, but as a guy on a good team who folded on the big stage. Yeah, there was the drive in XLIII, but the league didn't respect him enough to give him MVP. I won't get mad when people don't give Ben any credit, he hasn't earned any credit. This will stick with Ben for the rest of his career, unless he gets back and wins.

steeldevil
02-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Ben sure as hell did not play ATROCIOUS tonight. What did you watch? He played an average game. Not too good, not too bad. The 1st INT was not at all his fault. I thought he was gonna pull it out for us at the end but it didnt happen. Fox's penalty killed us.

JayC
02-06-2011, 11:28 PM
if ben got to play against william gay and bryant mcfadden he probably would have won mvp too.

steel9guy
02-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Ben is great. That penalty on Fox hurt and the guy almost brought us back from his mistakes. I guess everyone forgets Superbowl 43. He had a decent game but I'd still take him over anyone.

fansince'76
Bradshaw threw THREE picks in SB XIV. Nobody outside of some Steelers fans have ever given Ben credit (and even a lot of Steelers fans never have), so nothing's going to change. Used to it. We'd still be stuck at Lombardi #4 without Ben. Bottom line.

Edman
No, but he did play against a Packers secondary that was without Woodson and Shields. Closed the deficit to four and did absolutely nothing afterwards. Misfired on two passes to Wallace that would've put the Packers in deep shit and maybe put the Steelers ahead for good.

Dino 6 Rings
02-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Ben made some miss throws...no doubt...

but we failed as a team...

tube517
02-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Wasn't his best game but the 1st pick wasnt his fault. Credit the Packers for making the play to pressure him and alter the throw. 2nd pick was all him. Also, his throw to Wallace when he was wide open was a killer. He misfired on alot of throws but still kept the Steelers in the game. But, 2 picks is 2 picks. Can't fault him for Mendy's fumble though.

SteelerEmpire
02-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Yea. Soo many players fell off tonight. And to a packers team that is basically 2nd a string due to the multitude of injuries... The team (Steelers) picked a FINE NIGHT not to show up for a game... but it could have been worse like not making it to the SB at all... yes. its hard to rationalize this let down.

zulater
02-06-2011, 11:39 PM
No question Ben left some plays out there on the field. But he also made some too. And he helped get this team to the Super bowl ( again) to begin with, and probably will help get them back there again. All in all I'm fine with number 7, I've seen better overall Steeler teams than this one fall short of the Super bowl due to inferior qb play, so I guess I can live with this.

pepsyman1
02-06-2011, 11:44 PM
Ben didn't have his best game tonight but I wouldn't call it atrocious and I most certainly wouldn't call him a game manager. No one in the game has directed more game winning drives over the last 7 years than Ben. That's not a game manager, that's clutch. We're a little spoiled by how many times he's pulled out games like this. He's still human. Is Brady a better pocket passer? Probably...Does Peyton make quicker reads and decisions...sure. If there's two minutes left in the Superbowl and I need a score, Ben's still the guy I want at QB.

steelerdude15
02-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Here we go with these threads, I wonder when we'll have the "fire Tomlin" thread.

Craic
02-07-2011, 12:21 AM
No question Ben left some plays out there on the field. But he also made some too. And he helped get this team to the Super bowl ( again) to begin with, and probably will help get them back there again. All in all I'm fine with number 7, I've seen better overall Steeler teams than this one fall short of the Super bowl due to inferior qb play, so I guess I can live with this.

Knock it off Zu....

It freaks me out when I completely agree with you. :chuckle:

Borski
02-07-2011, 12:48 AM
He sure didn't play a great game, but it wasn't that bad. I blame William Gay more then Ben.

The Duke
02-07-2011, 03:22 AM
Bradshaw threw THREE picks in SB XIV. Nobody outside of some Steelers fans have ever given Ben credit (and even a lot of Steelers fans never have), so nothing's going to change. Used to it. We'd still be stuck at Lombardi #4 without Ben. Bottom line.

That is all

I love ben over any other QB no matter what for that reason alone. A lot of good teams were ruined by bad quarterbacks, but with ben we have two superbowls. A not so good performance in one game isn't gonna change that. And I wouldn't change him for anything

venom
02-07-2011, 05:45 AM
The Mendy fumble was in my head all night .

HometownGal
02-07-2011, 06:07 AM
That is all

I love ben over any other QB no matter what for that reason alone. A lot of good teams were ruined by bad quarterbacks, but with ben we have two superbowls. A not so good performance in one game isn't gonna change that. And I wouldn't change him for anything

This. ^^^^ :applaudit:

steelerrob
02-07-2011, 06:17 AM
To me it looked like the injury to his knee early in the game affected his throwing capability - it was all arm after that, he couldn't put his whole body into the throws.

SteelerSal
02-07-2011, 06:22 AM
The Mendy fumble was in my head all night .

Same here....the kid has to be more aware of his surroundings and hold the ball like his life depended on it.

Not gonna blame Ben, first pick, arm was hit and could not follow through..second pick, defensive back made a great play on the ball going throught the reciever, great instinctive read and play on the ball.
Ben and the offense got us in position to go ahead and the Mendy fumble put us in "oh shit" mode. Ben, 9 times out of 10 saves us in under 2 minutes and with us being down..I felt confident that he would do it again but this just happened to be the one time that it was for not..

I'm a little more disappointed in Wallace's lack of effort in fighting for the ball on several occasions including the last play.

Butch
02-07-2011, 06:30 AM
I'll take Ben as for the lose it wasn't just him it was the team as a whole. Where were the turnovers from the D or the key stops when we needed them??? Don't get me wrong would have been nice to have the O bail out the D but it just didn't happen. To much blame to go around to key on any one player or coach.

GoSlash27
02-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Even with the two early picks and strictly average play, I'd still rather have Ben than any other QB.
2 minutes to go and down by 6, I think most of us were more comfortable than than we had any right to be.

Austin87
02-07-2011, 07:03 AM
This

Even with the two early picks and strictly average play, I'd still rather have Ben than any other QB.
2 minutes to go and down by 6, I think most of us were more comfortable than than we had any right to be.

Kittyfish
02-07-2011, 07:16 AM
^^^^ Totally agree.

I still wouldn't trade Ben for any other QB, though I think this will hurt his rep outside Steeler Nation (and apparently some within SN).

Though I am somewhat frustrated (as I'm sure most of us are) - we outplayed them overall, but I guess THREE turnovers leading to TWENTY-ONE points for the other side was just too much to overcome. But, as I just heard on the radio, we could live in Cleveland... I guess we should count our blessings.

Godfather
02-07-2011, 07:29 AM
Ben has been hurt all year. We forget that because he played well against the Clowns, Rats, and Jets.

stillers4me
02-07-2011, 07:40 AM
I'm not throwing Ben under the bus for this game. It's not like our D came out and made big plays, some picks and defensive points and then Ben threw it away. This was a team loss and I have faith they will come back next year and give us a really great season again.

Troy has been hurt since the Cinci game when he made that flying leap into the endzone. He gave his all that game and has been paying for it ever since. The people out there that says he's not that good obviously did not see our regular season games and are judging him while he's down. We know what he brings to this team.

43Blitz
02-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Dixon can handle the "O" if Ben is traded, released or just gone by whatever means. he'll have some growing pains but he'll be ok. there was just no will to wanna win. I had Mendenhall as the MVP with the way he was running till his fumble. what the hell happened. Now re- Bens career it's just about over with all the mess he keeps getting into & the press are gonna hound his every shadow till they catch him messing up and it'll end what could have been a Great career. Bring in Dixon can he do any worse than whats on the horizon & in the process trdae Ben while the Steelers can still get good Value for him.

fansince'76
02-07-2011, 07:53 AM
Bring in Dixon can he do any worse than whats on the horizon & in the process trdae Ben while the Steelers can still get good Value for him.

Think: Kordell Stewart. Dixon is NOT the future at QB for this team.

43Blitz
02-07-2011, 08:03 AM
I didn't say he was the future;...but it's all the Steelers have @ this point. Ben "IS" gonna mess up again & then where will the Steelers be. I see just 2 options.
1. Trade Ben & get everything they can for him now while they still can or
2. Ben pulls his head outta his keister & proves Everyone wrong about him & starts winning games, Especially the Big games

Shawn
02-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Wow guys - We lose the Super Bowl and Ben's career is over and he needs to be traded? Go root for the Pats or something.

I saw the Kordell Stewart era. Who really wants that again?

stillers4me
02-07-2011, 08:06 AM
I didn't say he was the future;...but it's all the Steelers have @ this point. Ben "IS" gonna mess up again & then where will the Steelers be. I see just 2 options.
2. Ben pulls his head outta his keister & proves Everyone wrong about him & starts winning games, Especially the Big games

:juggle:

Is it September, yet?

43Blitz
02-07-2011, 08:10 AM
lol Yeah ! Cant wait.

X-Terminator
02-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Dixon can handle the "O" if Ben is traded, released or just gone by whatever means. he'll have some growing pains but he'll be ok. there was just no will to wanna win. I had Mendenhall as the MVP with the way he was running till his fumble. what the hell happened. Now re- Bens career it's just about over with all the mess he keeps getting into & the press are gonna hound his every shadow till they catch him messing up and it'll end what could have been a Great career. Bring in Dixon can he do any worse than whats on the horizon & in the process trdae Ben while the Steelers can still get good Value for him.

For all of you who used to get on me for saying that Steelers fans are fickle and spoiled...I give you Exhibit A. I would say this is unbelievable, but sadly, it is not. This is "Steeler Nation" at its finest.

Blast me if you want to, I don't care. The Steelers don't win, so let's trade everyone. Fucking ridiculous.

God...we're less than 12 hours into the offseason and I'm already sick of it.

steelpride12
02-07-2011, 08:15 AM
OH MY GOD! The world is fucking ending correct? Jesus Ben comes back and leads this team to his 3rd fucking SB appearance, is 2-1 in them and only 28 years old are you kidding me! Yes he had a rough start against one of the best secondary's in the league! How could you ever attack Ben at this point. Now is the time to say it's OK Ben you will get them next year, thank you for all you did this season it sure was special,

Jesus fans get your heads out of your asses!

43Blitz
02-07-2011, 08:26 AM
obviously you didn't read all that was said about this;...so B4 opening yer mouth read ALL of it. the trade has NOTHING to do with the loss it's about his character & morals & everybody is correct if the Chief was alive Ben would have been long gone by now;....long gone aka Holmes

JayC
02-07-2011, 08:27 AM

ahh the greatness of losing, get to read gems like this

Shawn
02-07-2011, 08:29 AM
If they were going to trade him it would have been done already. If Ben screws up again, fine trade him, but you just have sour grapes because we lost.

Kittyfish
02-07-2011, 08:29 AM
I wasn't a fan during the 70s - I'm assuming the whole team were choir boys back in the day?

43Blitz
02-07-2011, 08:31 AM
wow yer mom was right yer maturity level is that of what comes outta yer mouth. again read B4 u put yer head any further up yer keister & look like a bigger idiot;...Read; Respond; debate;... NOT insult, degrade, & act like ya got no sense

steelpride12
02-07-2011, 08:33 AM
wow yer mom was right yer maturity level is that of what comes outta yer mouth. again read B4 u put yer head any further up yer keister & look like a bigger idiot;...Read; Respond; debate;... NOT insult, degrade, & act like ya got no sense
Saying Ben would have been traded makes no sense, please read what you are saying and don't hit yourself to hard.

Kittyfish
02-07-2011, 08:34 AM

Now who's being insulting?

stillers4me
02-07-2011, 08:34 AM

And read the COC rules about name calling before you respond.

Consider this your first warning.

43Blitz
02-07-2011, 08:37 AM
yes do that;...Great advice, follow it. & others will do the same

HometownGal
02-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Quote of the day . . . .

There are more horses asses in the world than there are horses.

X-Terminator
02-07-2011, 08:43 AM
obviously you didn't read all that was said about this;...so B4 opening yer mouth read ALL of it. the trade has NOTHING to do with the loss it's about his character & morals & everybody is correct if the Chief was alive Ben would have been long gone by now;....long gone aka Holmes

So in other words, you aren't willing to give him a chance to prove that he's turned his life around, as he has done for the past 10 months.

Figures.

Holmes was given MULTIPLE chances to cut his crap before he was dealt. More chances then he probably deserved. Ben is on his last shot, and he knows it. I don't think you will hear anything else out of him, especially since he apparently has a fiancee and is going to get married in June. But nah, let's throw the baby out with the bathwater. :doh:

Fine. Let's say the Steelers do that...Ben goes on to win 2-3 more Super Bowls with another team, while the Steelers get stuck with Kordell V2.0 and no more championships for over 20 years. Yeah, I'm sure "The Nation" will put up with that just fine...just so they can have bragging rights about morals and character.

steeldawg
02-07-2011, 09:16 AM

Lol Congats, for the Dumbest post of the year!

steeldawg
02-07-2011, 09:19 AM

Ya we got it! The post is still ridiculous.

SteelerFanInStl
02-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Lol Congats, for the Dumbest post of the year!

I second that nomination.

tube517
02-07-2011, 09:44 AM
While we're at it, trade Troy, Timmons, Woodley, the Money Recivers, and Pouncey. We could get 500 draft picks and get all of Oregon and Auburn. We would rule! :chuckle:

XxKnightxX
02-07-2011, 09:48 AM

Youre fuckin kidding me right? this isnt Madden 2011 franchise. Btw welcome to the board, first week and u sure seem like an expert.

Moose
02-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Man, Edman---you are definitely entitled to your opinion, but personally I wouldn't go the O'Donnell era thing. I think what alot of people have to realize is that Ben is a completely different type of QB than most of us are used to. He's not a fancy QB. He works as much with his feet as he does with his arms. His size is an important factor, which is why most statements you hear are about him are, ' how hard he is to bring down '. His mobility is why he'll never been listed in the stats as a Brady or Manning. I know he holds on the ball at times way too long, but he's also made plays holding onto that ball giving time for someone to run back to him to make a catch....or him just taking off running and picking up the yardage. Sorry Edman, I appreciate your feeling on Ben and believe me there have been times I felt the same, but in the end I would rather have Ben on my team leading me down the field in a 2min drive to win the game than anyone else. In the pocket or out....he's dangerous. GO STEELER'S !! This SB block was just part of the STAIRWAY.

BlastFurnace
02-07-2011, 09:58 AM

Dennis Dixon couldn't score 25 points in a game if he was the only player on the field.

Trading Ben...Seriously!!!!!

The Steelers don't even have Super Bowls 5 and 6 without Ben...and they surely wouldn't have been playing in yesterday's game without him.

Just George
02-07-2011, 10:14 AM

I would like some thoughtful analysis on where this statement comes from? regardless of past problems, the concept that Ben's career is on the brink of ending is IMO absurd. There are so many presupositions to this arguement that it is tough to find where to start with all the fallacies. You assume Ben WILL continue to "mess up", that what ever indiscretions he has will be evindently MAJOR and result in his lifelong suspension from the league or that no other team would want to take a chance on Ben? I understand that this is your opinion but I dont see where there are any facts to back that up.

so in the intrest of discourse, discussion and debate please explain your point further so I can try to understand.
THANKS

smokin3000gt
02-07-2011, 10:15 AM

They don't make a :doh: big enough for this but I will try to compensate...

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh: :doh::doh:

Just George
02-07-2011, 10:18 AM
oh and we will discuss why the Steelers would be better without Ben after I understand why his career is so close to imploding that he HAS to be replaced.

SteelerSal
02-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Let's try to get back on topic.....can someone refresh my memory of what the original topic was? :lol:

NCSteeler
02-07-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm not throwing Ben under the bus for this game. It's not like our D came out and made big plays, some picks and defensive points and then Ben threw it away. This was a team loss and I have faith they will come back next year and give us a really great season again.

Troy has been hurt since the Cinci game when he made that flying leap into the endzone. He gave his all that game and has been paying for it ever since. The people out there that says he's not that good obviously did not see our regular season games and are judging him while he's down. We know what he brings to this team.

The D played flat, the blitzes were handled time after time, the DBs were out of position time after time, our stars, Troy, Harrison, Woodely, Farrior were invisible. When we win there is almost always one splash play from the D, there wasn't tonight and yet with two minutes left the D did just enough with the stop for a FG and I was confident Ben could take those guys down the field and win it, WTH happened?

fansince'76
02-07-2011, 10:23 AM
For all of you who used to get on me for saying that Steelers fans are fickle and spoiled...I give you Exhibit A. I would say this is unbelievable, but sadly, it is not. This is "Steeler Nation" at its finest.

Blast me if you want to, I don't care. The Steelers don't win, so let's trade everyone. Fucking ridiculous.

God...we're less than 12 hours into the offseason and I'm already sick of it.

Remember the nimrod a couple of years ago who said we should trade Ben for Brady Quinn? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just George
02-07-2011, 10:27 AM

why are those the only two options? those are overly general and vague.

IE
He can die or he can live those are the only two options.

what can Ben do to get his "head outta his keister" Hasn't he been doing that for almost 10 months, served his suspension, took the eval, worked on his throwing mechanics, came back humble, more of a team player, earned the respect of his teammates, played well this season, was clutch when needed, played injured(and won), helped Steelers get to the superbowl (again), reconnected with his faith, family values, has met a young lady and seemingly is headed for a stable relationship, when he did go out before the superbowl it was with his oline for the traditional meal then doing singing and drinking at a PIANO bar. his bill was like $900 before tip with drinks for his line and a couple of rounds for the BAR. that means they did not drink much. SOOOOOOOO what else does he have to do to get his head out of his KEISTER, besides maintain over time to show people that he gets it?

And in the spirit of full disclosure, I am a Colts fan who is soooooo shocked at how Steelers fans get of on this train of thought so quickly after a loss. Becuase you did not explain yourself well it does come across as kind of sour grapes thing

AS always these thoughts and opinions are only mine and in no way reflect the board, admins, mods, members, The Steelers orginization, players or staff, Steelers Nation or any one but this old chuckle head :)

tube517
02-07-2011, 10:29 AM
We have bandwagon fans just like any other team.

why are those the only two options? those are overly general and vague.

IE
He can die or he can live those are the only two options.
what can Ben do to get his "head outta his keister" Hasn't he been doing that for almost 10 months, served his suspension, took the eval, worked on his throwing mechanics, came back humble, more of a team player, earned the respect of his teammates, played well this season, was clutch when needed, played injured(and won), helped Steelers get to the superbowl (again), reconnected with his faith, family values, has met a young lady and seemingly is headed for a stable relationship, when he did go out before the superbowl it was with his oline for the traditional meal then doing singing and drinking at a PIANO bar. his bill was like $900 before tip with drinks for his line and a couple of rounds for the BAR. that means they did not drink much. SOOOOOOOO what else does he have to do to get his head out of his KEISTER, besides maintain over time to show people that he gets it?

And in the spirit of full disclosure, I am a Colts fan who is soooooo shocked at how Steelers fans get of on this train of thought so quickly after a lose. Becuase you did not explain yourself well it does come across as kind of sour grapes thing

AS always these thoughts and opinions are only mine and in no way reflect the board, admins, mods, members, The Steelers orginization, players or staff, Steelers Nation or any one but this old chuckle head :)

VTsteel
02-07-2011, 10:39 AM
No way was this loss Ben's fault alone - was he substandard? - Yes! Was most evereyone else on the team substandard as well? - Yes!

As for Bens play I honestly believe if our O-Line played like the Pack's did - we would've won. We got pushed around mightly and the Pack picked up our blitzes beautifully.

As for Bens character . . . who the hell knows? Give the guy a chance at redemption and I believe he will do it.

7SteelGal43
02-07-2011, 10:40 AM

You cannot be serious. Is this some kind of shock therapy or reverse psychology thingy you're using on us ?

vasteeler
02-07-2011, 10:45 AM
[QUOTE=43Blitz;140542]Dixon can handle the "O" if Ben is traded,

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:and :pointlaugh:

fansince'76
02-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Wow guys - We lose the Super Bowl and Ben's career is over and he needs to be traded? Go root for the Pats or something.

I saw the Kordell Stewart era. Who really wants that again?

The Stoudt, Malone, Brister, O'Donnell and Tomczak "eras" were no picnic either. Sure, let's get a new QB - Ben sucks and should be fairly easy to replace.

kittenfantastico76
02-07-2011, 10:46 AM
I can't really add more to what has already been stated. Bottom line it wasn't our finest hour, but it wasn't our worst. It was just a bigger deal with the SUPER BOWL... that being said there is no BEN in TEAM - it's a joint effort and a joint failure, pointing fingers only lessons moral on the team. I have no doubt they will take this on the chin, and use it as ammo for next season - they don't like to go down without a fight, well they will have one hell of a battle in 2011 for sure to get back to where they want to be.

That being said - I wasn't overly impressed with the Packers either. Again not a great game, not a horrible game - I think I just expected more from BOTH sides...

I made the joke that maybe the Cowboys stadium has some bad mojo... you never know.

tube517
02-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Should I start the following threads? :sarcasm: :chuckle:

Fire Tomlin
We need new owners
Trade Troy
Cut Wallace - overrated
Harrison is a flop
LeBeau sucks
Hines has diminished skills
Pouncey needs to go
Coach Kugler was a bad hire

Just George
02-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Should I start the following threads? :sarcasm: :chuckle:

Fire Tomlin
We need new owners
Trade Troy
Cut Wallace - overrated
Harrison is a flop
LeBeau sucks
Hines has diminished skills
Pouncey needs to go
Coach Kugler was a bad hire

how about this one
Steelers need a new fanbase?
now before you all get mad that is sarcastic irony right there :) what if someone tried to say the reason for the Steelers loss is due to negative psychic energy from "doom and gloom" fans? sound about as silly as some of the things some of your fans say, just saying :)

steeldawg
02-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Just think how good you have to be every week just to get in the playoffs and then to the superbowl and win the superbowl. Ben has taken us too the superbowl 3 times and won it twice. When I listen too people say ben should be traded and we would be fine with dixion it makes me want to jump off of a bridge. Yes we lost the superbowl but to suggest we would of even been there without ben is crazy.

oneforthetoe
02-07-2011, 11:05 AM

He speaks with you from beyond the grave? Do you know the story about Ernie Holmes? The man tried to shoot down a police helicopter. Not only did the Chief permit him to stay on the team, but he called the judge to intervene on Ernie's behalf. The fact of the matter is had a reputation as a old "softie." Truthfully, he was probably too soft at times. Dan Rooney is much more likely to get rid of a player who screwed up than his father.

stillers4me
02-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Dixon?? What happened to Leftwich? I thought Dixon was on IR?

zulater
02-07-2011, 11:22 AM
He speaks with you from beyond the grave? Do you know the story about Ernie Holmes? The man tried to shoot down a police helicopter. Not only did the Chief permit him to stay on the team, but he called the judge to intervene on Ernie's behalf. The fact of the matter is had a reputation as a old "softie." Truthfully, he was probably too soft at times. Dan Rooney is much more likely to get rid of a player who screwed up than his father.

The fact is Dan Rooney was making all the important decisions pertaining to the Steelers going back to the late 60's. He's the one that hired Noll, shaped the Steelers scouting and drafting proccess etc... That's not to say the Chief couldn't have intervened or offered advice to Dan, but the final say for just about every thing that shaped those teams was Dan's doing. Hell when the Steelers hit a dry run in the eighties, a few years before the Chief passed on Dan fired his brother Artie as the draft personell director. It supposedly broke The Chief's heart. But he didn't intervene all the same, it was Dan's call to make and that was that. So this presumption that Ben would have been jettisoned by The Chief is pure bunk!

Iron Steeler
02-07-2011, 12:20 PM
This will stick with Ben for the rest of his career, unless he gets back and wins.

Yup... and that is exactly I believe he will do!!

oneforthetoe
02-07-2011, 01:02 PM
The fact is Dan Rooney was making all the important decisions pertaining to the Steelers going back to the late 60's. He's the one that hired Noll, shaped the Steelers scouting and drafting proccess etc... That's not to say the Chief couldn't have intervened or offered advice to Dan, but the final say for just about every thing that shaped those teams was Dan's doing. Hell when the Steelers hit a dry run in the eighties, a few years before the Chief passed on Dan fired his brother Artie as the draft personell director. It supposedly broke The Chief's heart. But he didn't intervene all the same, it was Dan's call to make and that was that. So this presumption that Ben would have been jettisoned by The Chief is pure bunk!

Absolutely agree with you Zu. Too many Steelers' fans don't realize that is was Dan and Art Jr (Dan's Brother) who built the team of the 70's. The Chief was a great man, loyal to his players and fans, and Pittsburgh (Western PA) through and through, but for the first 30 years or so of this franchise he was not a great owner based on success of his team. Joe Gordon (the Steelers' old pr man) said there used to be a joke around the league that the Chief would only hire a coach that he could take to the track with him. The Chief's greatest contribution to the Steelers' success was trusting in his sons.

The WH
02-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Reading this thread gave me a headache. Pittsburgh fell short. Nothing more, nothing less. move along.

XxKnightxX
02-07-2011, 01:44 PM
They don't make a :doh: big enough for this but I will try to compensate...

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh: :doh::doh:

Hows this one
http://www.slackers.co.za/uploads/20100616/1108845-godzilla_facepalm_godzilla_facepalm_face_palm_epic _fail_demotivational_poster_1245384435_super.jpg
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss273/DarthHonus29/1242180339343.png

XxKnightxX
02-07-2011, 01:46 PM
I made the joke that maybe the Cowboys stadium has some bad mojo... you never know.
Honestly not to even sound superstitious but the minute Deon sanders put his hands on that coin I had a feeling things wouldnt go our way.

steeldawg
02-07-2011, 01:47 PM
I have a feeling 43Blitz might not be back.

Just George
02-07-2011, 01:52 PM
I have a feeling 43Blitz might not be back.

I really hope he does cuz I want a reasoned well thought out account of what he is talking about. I like to talk :)

SteelerFanInStl
02-07-2011, 03:39 PM
I really hope he does cuz I want a reasoned well thought out account of what he is talking about. I like to talk :)

Judging from his/her previous posts, I don't think you're gonna get that. :lol:

steeldevil
02-07-2011, 03:59 PM
43Blitz what the hell are you thinking? LOL

HometownGal
02-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Honestly not to even sound superstitious but the minute Deon sanders put his hands on that coin I had a feeling things wouldnt go our way.

EEEKKKK!!! I had the same feeling!! :horror: Seeing Shit Lips standing there with the HOF candidates was a bad omen too. Both of them are known Steelers haters.

Count Steeler
02-07-2011, 04:10 PM
We lost a game folks. Let's keep things in perspective. This performance was quite possible from what we have seen from our Steelers this year. However, despite everything we did wrong, we still had a chance to win in the last 2 minutes. Can't possibly ask for better for the team that showed up yesterday. What is sad, is that this team could have blown Green Bay off the field with a couple of bounces going our way.

I am not ashamed to be a Steelers fan. I am not ashamed of Ben. I am not ashamed of our coaches. We still have a good enough team to go back again next year.