PDA

View Full Version : Steelers - Direct TV's NFL package

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
06-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Hello again steeler nation it's that time of year to call direct TV and whine because it's costs to much to justify keeping the NFL package at an ass burning price of $314.00 this year.

But say those 8 magic words " I would like to cancel the NFL package" and you to will receive their "special" price of $134.00 for that same package. Funny how you never hear about that "special" price.

Let the phone calls commence.....800-353-4388

venom
06-12-2010, 02:26 PM
I have known that secret for years . I have always been " authorized " for the NFL Sunday Ticket . What I do is say that I cannot afford the Ticket anymore and they give me a special price and throw in Showtime for 3 months free , lol. Tee Hee . I love Directv !!!

SteelerFanInStl
06-12-2010, 03:17 PM
I cancelled my NFL Sunday Ticket two years ago after having it for 10 years. I'm not in Pittsburgh so it's the only way that I get to see the Steelers every week. I hated cancelling it but it's become too expensive. Last year I got it for free through a special promo. This year I'm waiting to hear what deals people are getting it. I'll have to call them soon though because I see that they're getting ready to auto renew it and start charging me.

TroysBarber
06-12-2010, 03:27 PM
its cheaper just going to a bar with Sunday Ticket....especially when several games are nationaly televised 4 free.

willie
06-12-2010, 04:29 PM
I tried but unfortunately I cannot get the discount price due to excessive bill credits (10 friend referrals right now). I can't complain though.

BlastFurnace
06-12-2010, 05:13 PM
I had mine lowered the other day as well. I don't know why they just don't make it $150.00 for the year and no-one would complain.

Carolina Steelers
06-12-2010, 05:21 PM
its cheaper just going to a bar with Sunday Ticket....especially when several games are nationaly televised 4 free.

Im not much of a bar person Ill rather sit in the comfort of my own home with snacks and my own bathroom. Seems like I cant concentrate when theirs alot of people around. Also this yr Superfan is inlcuded with the Sunday Ticket in yrs past you had to pay an extra $99 for games in HD but not know more.

Mach1
06-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Theres a $20. off for six months deal going right now too. Might have to play customer service roulette to get it. Which would make ST $180.

tube517
06-12-2010, 09:56 PM
I'd rather watch for free on the internet. Eff DirectTV.

stillers4me
06-12-2010, 09:59 PM
My husband said that Sam's Club is offering a discount for Direct TV for members. We may look into it. We have Time Warner Cable now and we would get a better picture quality with Direct TV. We are moving into a bigger condo with a bigger deck so we might have room for the dish.

Shoes
06-12-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm embarrassed to tell you what I got my renewal for.... :eyebrows:

Shea
06-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Looks like I won't get the 'renewal discount' since I cancelled last year.

REALLY MISS seeing every Steelers' game, but I was no longer willing to pay the price that they kept jacking up. If they were ever to make the price reasonable, they'd probably bring in so many more viewers and money then what they now offer.

Thankfully, the hockey package is much cheaper and you get so much more use out of it.

That's where I'm now putting my money. Go Pens!

Shoes
06-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Looks like I won't get the 'renewal discount' since I cancelled last year.

REALLY MISS seeing every Steelers' game, but I was no longer willing to pay the price that they kept jacking up. If they were ever to make the price reasonable, they'd probably bring in so many more viewers and money then what they now offer.

Thankfully, the hockey package is much cheaper and you get so much more use out of it.

That's where I'm now putting my money. Go Pens!

Shea, you can always call them and tell them you would like to get ST again, but can't afford the price they are asking. I'll bet they will work something out for you...

SteelerSal
06-12-2010, 10:33 PM
I can't imagine not being able to watch the Steelers. I have not renewed yet and I sure hope I can get the discount.

Hindes204
06-12-2010, 10:51 PM
I've never had it, I've been going to bars since I joined the military and been out of state. The only games I missed were because of being deployed. I live on an air force base and the base bar has NFL ticket and the drinks are very reasonable

Mach1
06-13-2010, 02:54 AM
I've never had it, I've been going to bars since I joined the military and been out of state. The only games I missed were because of being deployed. I live on an air force base and the base bar has NFL ticket and the drinks are very reasonable

DUI's aren't very resonable. Where I live we don't have taxi's and I'm a good 10 miles to the nearest bar. And that bar has one tv 13" and no ST.

Kaeg
06-13-2010, 07:53 AM
I used to have DTV but it's been gone for a while now. The thing is: I have recently entertained the idea of getting it back.......BUT..(And I don't want to seem racist here.) every time I've called, I'm speaking with someone that does not understand me very well, and I surely don't understand them very well. (I'm born and raised in PA, BTW, so my accent is pretty much what you'd call American.) I just can't commit to getting DTV back when I'm not really clear on the details. I've tried a couple of times, but keep getting the same thing. Honestly, it's the only reason I have not pursued it further. :doh:

Galax Steeler
06-13-2010, 08:09 AM
I have dish and cannot get the sunday ticket so I don't have to worry about paying that kind of money.

BlastFurnace
06-13-2010, 08:14 AM
I used to have DTV but it's been gone for a while now. The thing is: I have recently entertained the idea of getting it back.......BUT..(And I don't want to seem racist here.) every time I've called, I'm speaking with someone that does not understand me very well, and I surely don't understand them very well. (I'm born and raised in PA, BTW, so my accent is pretty much what you'd call American.) I just can't commit to getting DTV back when I'm not really clear on the details. I've tried a couple of times, but keep getting the same thing. Honestly, it's the only reason I have not pursued it further. :doh:

That's strainge. I have found DTV's Customer Service to be one of the most helpful that I have encountered.

Steelerchad
06-13-2010, 08:51 AM
I've been on Sunday ticket for about 10 years now. When I got it, I didn't like the service and hated having a box on every TV. I switched back to cable, but asked if I could keep 1 receiver open and just get Sunday ticket. They agreed, so I have had cable for 9 years and I have DTV - Sunday Ticket in my basement only. You can no longer do this, but I'm grandfathered in. I can't risk threatening to cancel to get a deal. They likely wouldn't do it for me anyway as I don't have any other service with them. I guess I'll pay the $300 and like it. I really only need it for 3-5 games per year, as I go to 5 games a year and they are on regular TV a lot in Virginia. But I feel locked in with the whole grandfathered thing. If the Steelers ever stop winning and getting national games on regular TV, I'll be sorry I didn't have it.

SteelCrazy
06-13-2010, 10:58 AM
A friend told me about this site and says he doesnt have any TV programming because of it....He watches whatever he wants whenever wants for like a 1.99/month. I've been hesitant to try it, but I think I will this year instead of paying 300 bucks.
http://getlivefootballtv.com/

MasterOfPuppets
06-13-2010, 01:37 PM
DUI's aren't very resonable. Where I live we don't have taxi's and I'm a good 10 miles to the nearest bar. And that bar has one tv 13" and no ST.

you've just described what i vision hell to be like .. with the exception of that every woman looks like rosie odonell ....http://bbs.mediumpimpin.com/images/smilies/ohnoes.gif

SteelerFanInStl
06-13-2010, 05:18 PM
I did that two seasons ago and it sucked. Most of the streams were very poor quality and they would get shut down all the time.

steeldevil
06-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Right now I just go to a bar when the games are not on tv here, which is about 1/3 of the time. Once I get a source of income I will be getting a package b/c prices at the bar are obsured...

Shea
06-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Shea, you can always call them and tell them you would like to get ST again, but can't afford the price they are asking. I'll bet they will work something out for you...

I don't think so, Shoes.

I've had a ton of problems with DirecTV from day one, and have literally spent hours on the phone trying to fix them.

They eventually get the problem resolved, but never compensate me for their many mistakes. And I've never once been rude to any of the numerous people I've had to deal with, even though I've wanted to scream at them many times.

Me and DTV just don't mix.

X-Terminator
06-13-2010, 10:39 PM
I still do not understand why the big cable companies have allowed the NFL to get away with what is essentially a monopoly by only contracting with DirecTV to carry Sunday Ticket. And I don't understand why nobody in the league office has figured out that they'd make an assload more money if they offered ST to every cable company plus DISH Network. Think about how many people are currently shut out of getting it because either they cannot have a dish where they live or don't want to make the switch. I'm willing to bet it's far more than there are total subscribers to DirecTV. The whole thing makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

And BTW Shea...I'll get NHL Center Ice as soon as they start offering all the games in HD. Until then, it's not worth one red cent to me. I've had the free previews and they must use the crappiest feeds they can find. It's just awful.

tube517
06-13-2010, 10:43 PM
That site is full of ads/popups and malware.

There are better sites that stream very well and very rarely get shut down. Most of the people have to set passwords because so many people are on there.

A friend told me about this site and says he doesnt have any TV programming because of it....He watches whatever he wants whenever wants for like a 1.99/month. I've been hesitant to try it, but I think I will this year instead of paying 300 bucks.

Shea
06-13-2010, 11:00 PM
I still do not understand why the big cable companies have allowed the NFL to get away with what is essentially a monopoly by only contracting with DirecTV to carry Sunday Ticket. And I don't understand why nobody in the league office has figured out that they'd make an assload more money if they offered ST to every cable company plus DISH Network. Think about how many people are currently shut out of getting it because either they cannot have a dish where they live or don't want to make the switch. I'm willing to bet it's far more than there are total subscribers to DirecTV. The whole thing makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

And BTW Shea...I'll get NHL Center Ice as soon as they start offering all the games in HD. Until then, it's not worth one red cent to me. I've had the free previews and they must use the crappiest feeds they can find. It's just awful.

I completely agree and I'm thinking DTV and the NFL have a contract - that will HOPEFULLY expire soon - because it brings in new customers due to the attraction of having the package that is unaccessible to a huge mass of football fans that carry a different cable or satillite company - hence the outrageous prices.

I'm thinking once it's available for everybody, then the monopoly will of course end and therefore drive down the costs for us that not only have DTV, but millions of others wanting them some football. I hope these greedy money-grabbing assholes get shut down, and shut down soon.

I don't have HD, and yes some of the games are visually nothing but crap. If it wasn't for recognizing the skating styles of our Pens, then I wouldn't even know who was on the ice because the numbers aren't anything but a blur, sometimes it gets that bad.

But I'm still going to stick with it and purchase the package again. I'm addicted and love the Pens' too much to not have access to them.

steelpride12
06-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Im just happy I live in Pittsburgh and don't need to worry about this. I don't see why they just don't make it a flat rate of $150.00 a year and there would be no problem instead of everyone complaining and getting it lowered anyway. Sorry everyone.

NCSteeler
06-14-2010, 04:52 AM

From their web site

This service entitles you to access the location, evaluation, and or recommendation of software available from the web site and for the installation and technical support provided. getlivefootballtv.com does not host any videos or TV streams on our website. We provide an easier access to these streams which are otherwise freely available on the net. All channel names, content, and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. We are not affiliated and we do not claim to be affiliated with any of the owners or providers of videos and TV streams which are accessible through our website

venom
06-14-2010, 06:06 AM
Sorry Shea , but the contract expires in 2014 for the NFL Ticket on Directv. I've been very lucky with Directv. If/when I have a problem, they will offer me major discounts on channels or lower the price of my bill . I will be calling them soon to lower my Directv . I will keep you guys advised on that mission, lol

SteelCrazy
06-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Thanks everyone who pointed out all of the flaws with that streaming site.....Maybe I'll just shell out 300 bucks again.........Damn, I thought I was going to get off cheap this year.

SteelCrazy
06-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Sorry Shea , but the contract expires in 2014 for the NFL Ticket on Directv. I've been very lucky with Directv. If/when I have a problem, they will offer me major discounts on channels or lower the price of my bill . I will be calling them soon to lower my Directv . I will keep you guys advised on that mission, lol

I called to "cancel" service and all I got was a 17 buck discount.....I paid 142.00/month and now I have the rock bottom price of 125/month......Thanks DirecTV!

Prok
06-14-2010, 10:22 AM
Does this work for Dish Network as well ?

Because i just got a nice deal to switch to Dish Net recently.

venom
06-14-2010, 10:35 AM
There is no NFL Ticket on Dish Network

Prok
06-14-2010, 10:46 AM
There is no NFL Ticket on Dish Network

My bro say's they do. I got NFL net with no problem, why not the ticket ?

X-Terminator
06-14-2010, 10:48 AM

Sunday Ticket is DirecTV only.

HollywoodSteel
06-14-2010, 10:51 AM

NFL Network is something entirely different and is available on most cable systems. NFL Ticket as an exclusive deal with Direct TV.

Prok
06-14-2010, 11:53 AM
OK. Just for the hell of it i went through my channels and found channels for NFL Redzone and Season ticket. And it's on Dish Network. Channel 155. Something's gotta give.

venom
06-14-2010, 12:14 PM
I would never get Dish Network . They dont have the NFL Ticket or the YES Network .

X-Terminator
06-14-2010, 12:36 PM
OK. Just for the hell of it i went through my channels and found channels for NFL Redzone and Season ticket. And it's on Dish Network. Channel 155. Something's gotta give.

NFL Redzone is part of NFL Network - it's basically a "real-time" highlights channel that shows highlights while the games are going on. If you get NFL Network, you get that channel. Sunday Ticket is only on DirecTV and has been since its inception.

Prok
06-14-2010, 12:41 PM
NFL Redzone is part of NFL Network - it's basically a "real-time" highlights channel that shows highlights while the games are going on. If you get NFL Network, you get that channel. Sunday Ticket is only on DirecTV and has been since its inception.

Was wondering. Because it's actually the channel right after NFL Redzone channel. It doesn't say Sunday ticket though. It say's season ticket.

venom
06-14-2010, 01:03 PM
If I can remember, the first year the Sunday Ticket came out on Directv (1994) it was only $99.00 . Yeeeeeesh

SMR
06-14-2010, 06:37 PM
I had mine lowered the other day as well. I don't know why they just don't make it $150.00 for the year and no-one would complain.

It's called G-R-E-E-D. Sorry, bro.