PDA

View Full Version : Am I The Only One That Thought This SB was BORING ?

SteelerEmpire
02-06-2011, 11:05 PM
I mean (if the Steelers would have won or lost) ... I think it was the stadium and Jerry Jones that just didn't mix with us ?

zulater
02-06-2011, 11:09 PM
It was you.

SteelerEmpire
02-06-2011, 11:11 PM
I mean the national anthem was screwed up, a multitude of fans (mostly steeler fans from what I hear) coulden't get seating due to a "fire marshals" decree, the playing surfaced sucked, the weather was a problem. In addition, the I didn't feel the team was into it. I "really" think this was a fail from the get go...

steeldevil
02-06-2011, 11:12 PM

salamander
02-06-2011, 11:14 PM
I think it was you... Yes the team played flat but it wasn't boring.

Merchant
02-06-2011, 11:15 PM
I thought it was a good game. There's wasn't any spectacular David Tyree-catch, Harrison-100 Yard interception, Santonio Holmes-catch type plays, but I still enjoyed watching it.

SteelerEmpire
02-06-2011, 11:18 PM
I thought it was a good game. There's wasn't any spectacular David Tyree-catch, Harrison-100 Yard interception, Santonio Holmes-catch type plays, but I still enjoyed watching it.

Man. "Usually" I'm pretty excited about Steelers games and am into it... and even if we're down, Ben (or Troy) will make a play. I just didn't get that 'vibe' on this one. I guess that was my 6th sense telling me something... sucks...

Dino 6 Rings
02-06-2011, 11:23 PM
it wasn't boring if you were Packers fan...they got a pick 6, a fumble in a key spot, big plays by their QB when they needed it late, and were able to make a stop late when we had the ball with 2 mins left in the game and 87 yards to go for the win...

was boring if you were a Steelers fan because we lacked Splash plays by our Defense...that was key...our D didn't make that "great play" we have become accustomed to as Steelers fans. An int in a critical spot, a big killer hit that makes the crowd gasp, a jarring tackle that knocks a ball out...or that big pass play that changes the game and gives us the lead...we never had the lead...so it sucked...for us.

JayC
02-06-2011, 11:24 PM
i don't think it was boring but the lose it didn't hurt as much as i thought it would. for the first like 15 minutes i was feeling awful as hell but now i'm pretty much at peace with it. maybe that's cause we won a few in the past decade, i'm not sure but it's defiantely not the end of the world.

SteelerEmpire
02-06-2011, 11:31 PM
it wasn't boring if you were Packers fan...they got a pick 6, a fumble in a key spot, big plays by their QB when they needed it late, and were able to make a stop late when we had the ball with 2 mins left in the game and 87 yards to go for the win...

was boring if you were a Steelers fan because we lacked Splash plays by our Defense...that was key...our D didn't make that "great play" we have become accustomed to as Steelers fans. An int in a critical spot, a big killer hit that makes the crowd gasp, a jarring tackle that knocks a ball out...or that big pass play that changes the game and gives us the lead...we never had the lead...so it sucked...for us.

Yea man. I guess. I also think the media did us a disservice this go around for sure. They 'made sure' we knew everyone was rooting for the packers... Kind of makes me wish we had that 70's Steelers mentality. The media would "stack the deck" as much as they could for the Cowboys back then as well... we would have shoved that BS down their windpipe and been celebrating right now. The good part is that this could be used as a turning point for this team... now we'll see what Mike Tomlin is "really" made of now...

pepsyman1
02-06-2011, 11:50 PM
I didn't think it was boring, but I was surprised that the stadium seemed pretty tame and quiet for over 100,000 people. The last one against the Arizona, the crowd was much more boisterous. Either that or the broadcast didn't convey the fan noise well. The other thing was the field. I found it amazing that after being there all week that SOOO many players could be seen slipping when trying to change direction or push off. The play that Ben slipped while trying to step into a pass looked like he was playing on a cold, wet astroturf field. Very strange.

fansince'76
02-07-2011, 12:08 AM
I didn't think it was boring, but I was surprised that the stadium seemed pretty tame and quiet for over 100,000 people. The last one against the Arizona, the crowd was much more boisterous. Either that or the broadcast didn't convey the fan noise well.

More like a bunch of rich people (who are the only ones who could afford the ridiculous price of admission to Jerryworld) who couldn't give a shit less about the game itself.

SteelerEmpire
02-07-2011, 12:13 AM
More like a bunch of rich people (who are the only ones who could afford the ridiculous price of admission to Jerryworld) who couldn't give a shit less about the game itself.

Right on the money there. If you looked at the celebs that they interviewed on the red carpet, I think only 1 or 2 knew ANYTHING about football. The rest was like "they got a speeding ticket in Pittsburgh so now their rooting for the Packers"... just bad.

zulater
02-07-2011, 12:14 AM
All I know is my heart was pounding when Wallace caught that touchdown and then we got the two point conversion. I wasn't bored.

Craic
02-07-2011, 12:18 AM
I posted it in the game thread. Something just felt off today-with the entire thing. Yeah, I got excited when I knew we would get the ball back with 2 minutes to drive the field for a 7th title. But nevertheless, it still felt off.

Then again, I remember thinking the game against the Rams felt off as well. Maybe its just that the game of football wasn't meant to be played in stadiums that large.

steelreserve
02-07-2011, 12:36 AM
I didn't think it was boring, but I was surprised that the stadium seemed pretty tame and quiet for over 100,000 people. The last one against the Arizona, the crowd was much more boisterous. Either that or the broadcast didn't convey the fan noise well.

They can turn the crowd noise up and down at will, and often do. I remember being at Heinz Field for the season opener against the Dolphins in 2006, first game after winning the Super Bowl the year before. It was a close game with a fired-up crowd, and absolutely DEAFENING for large stretches at a time. I'd recorded the game back home, and when I watched it, nothing. It sounded like a regular murmuring crowd 90 percent of the time. They let the yelling noise come through on third downs, albeit dampened by half. It was definitely noticeable, and I was pretty disappointed.

Same thing happened at the 49ers-Eagles game I went to this year (the one where the home crowd was booing Alex Smith off the field and before every snap when he came back a second time). You could hear a faint chorus of boos like maybe a third of the fans were disgruntled, but if you were there, it was more like everyone in the stadium was red-in-the-face pissed off to the point where they were throwing bottles. Anything to protect the image, I suppose.

Slanted August
02-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Could you imagine if the weather will be crappy in New York? There are only so many box seats to go around.

BlastFurnace
02-07-2011, 07:27 PM
It was more disappointing than anything.

steeleyfreak
02-08-2011, 11:13 AM

On the nose!

zulater
02-08-2011, 02:34 PM
I rewatched the game in it's entirety today, it was an exciting game even knowing the result.

HometownGal
02-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Other than the national anthem being screwed up by Christine Awfulera, I thought XLV was one of the most exciting Super Bowls I've ever watched. I would have preferred a different outcome, though. :heh: