PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Moments of the Season

Merchant
02-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Losing a Super Bowl is tough. This one's gonna sting for a long time. But the overall fan reaction seems to be good - people are acknowledging the overwhelming odds this team overcame to get to the Super Bowl in the first place and remain prideful of the black and gold. In an effort to cheer us up, let's try and look back and what has been an amazing rollercoaster of a season. Here are my favorite moments.

-Mendy running 50 yards for the TD in overtime to beat Atlanta in the opener

-Ben returning after the suspension and beating the Browns

-Winning at Miami after Ben fumbled on the goal-line. Dolphins fans will be bitter about that one for years.

-Harrison knocking the ball loose from Shipley to secure the win at Cincy

-Steve Johnson dropping the game-winning TD in Buffalo and Sushi kicking the game winner.

-Troy's game-winning sack/fumble on Flacco at Baltimore

-Sweeping the Bengals and Browns

-Ben's 3rd and 19 bomb to Brown to secure the game in the divisional round against the Ravens.

-Ben's 3rd and 6 scramble to find Brown and secure the win against the Jets. Rex throwing the headset was priceless.

-Watching the development of Keisel's beard

-The entire Super Bowl experience from Media Day to the actual game. Even though we lost.

Feel free to add on.

stillers4me
02-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Beating Baltimore in the playoffs....again.

memphissteelergirl
02-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Troy's impeccably timed, "Superman" tackle in the Titans game.

Merchant
02-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Troy's impeccably timed, "Superman" tackle in the Titans game.

Damn. Forgot to add that one. The triple-team sack on Vince Young was pretty sweet too.

Dino 6 Rings
02-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Beating Baltimore in the playoffs....again.

This

Animal Mother
02-07-2011, 05:56 AM
Shutting the Jets up

Lambert_Loonie
02-07-2011, 08:12 AM
The Titans game has a few things; the Opening Kickoff TD by... Brown, I think? The Super-Sack on VY and Troy's leap of faith at Kerry Collins.

The Oakland game, just for the absurdity of beating a decent Oakland team 35-3, Dick Seymour's ejection and the penalties! Oh, the penalties!

Getting retribution against the Bungals for sweeping us in 2009 was a nice touch as well. I was at the Monday night game and I'll never forget it; am I messed up in the head if the whines and cries of Bungal fans was music to my ears? Lol

The Comeback of the Century against Baltimore in the Divisional Playoff. That'll go down in the history books as one of the greatest games in NFL history IMO.

The AFC Title game against the Jets... I could watch that clip of Rex Ryan throwing his headset all day long!

The QB situation I won't soon forget; watching Dennis Dixon and Charlie Batch stepping up to the plate and doing their part for the team to go 3-1 w/o Ben.

Speaking of which, I wish I could have the Tampa Bay game on DVD. Batch looked like a Pro Bowler that day. That was some of the most fun I've ever had watching a football game.

I might be Chris Kemoeatu's harshest critic, but when he was on, he blasted people into oblivion. Pouncey did great as well; the next Webster or Dawson might be pushing it after his 1st season but I wouldn't be surprised if 20 years from now he joins those guys in the HoF. I also thought "Bronko" Legursky did great as a fill-in and wouldn't be surprised if he's starting next season.

Honestly there's far more good that went on this season than bad. Sure, they didn't win the big one but the body of work, under the circumstances that they were, made me proud to bleed black & gold. And just as well... The Steelers will be AWESOME on Madden 12! :D