PDA

View Full Version : This hacked me off...

stillers4me
02-06-2011, 10:19 PM
We were listening to Sirius radio on the way home. They said the Packers had Jostens come to the team meeting last night and size the whole team for their rings.

Last night.

I understand that we lost the game ourselves, but we would be crucified if we had done that.

Boh
02-07-2011, 12:44 AM
We were listening to Sirius radio on the way home. They said the Packers had Jostens come to the team meeting last night and size the whole team for their rings.

Last night.

I understand that we lost the game ourselves, but we would be crucified if we had done that.

sounds a little fishy to me.

Craic
02-07-2011, 01:35 AM
sounds a little fishy to me.

Probably a good ploy by the coach. Drive home, one last time, what this really means.

I can hear his speech today, "You want those rings you were sized for last night? Better play hard".

solardave
02-07-2011, 02:54 AM
I don't see anything wrong with using it for motivation.

Galax Steeler
02-07-2011, 03:40 AM
I am sure this isn't the first time this has happened.

stillers4me
02-07-2011, 07:00 AM
What do you think the media would have been saying if we had done that?? We wouldn't be given a pass.

Akagi
02-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Studies show that you fight harder to keep something you already have rather than to win something you want, even if it's the same thing. Good psychology by the coach, probably not real influential on the game (after all the Steelers feel the same way) but worth doing nonetheless.