PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallace, And The Rookies

SteelerEmpire
02-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Wow. My man Mike Wallace really looked frustrated during the game... I think cause Ben coulden't get the ball to him right. As usual, he had his man beat on several occasions. But congrats to the rookies, they showed real HEART all season long. So sorry the veterans didn't help them get that ring.... they deserved it.

steelpride12
02-06-2011, 10:09 PM
This is why you should be happy and have hope for this team next season and for years to come, Arians is coming back, Ward won't retire and Lebeau should re-sign as the defensive coordinator. We have a strong chance to re-sign Ike who is the strong point on the secondary and of course with Ben, Mendy, Ward, Wallace, Sanders, and Brown as our main offense and a defense which hopefully will only be stronger with a 100% healthy Troy and stronger secondary will only be stronger next season!

Merchant
02-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Yeah Ben missed him pretty badly a few times. The worst was right before the Sushi FG miss when he was widee open for 6. Wallace still ended up having a pretty good game but I'm sure this one's gonna haunt Ben for a while.

Dino 6 Rings
02-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Yeah Ben missed him pretty badly a few times. The worst was right before the Sushi FG miss when he was widee open for 6. Wallace still ended up having a pretty good game but I'm sure this one's gonna haunt Ben for a while.

yep...Ben missed a lot of throws tonight...

Psycho Ward 86
02-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Ben misfired on two passes that would have gone for TD's. The 1st misfire was on the pick-6, Woodson just got raaaaaaped on that play. The other one was a deep pass in the endzone, waaay overthrown and way over by his back shoulder. Could've changed the game.

tube517
02-06-2011, 10:33 PM
We're set at WR. We don't need anymore in this next draft. I'm proud of this young unit.

The Duke
02-06-2011, 10:44 PM
We're set at WR. We don't need anymore in this next draft. I'm proud of this young unit.

plus SWEEEEED's coming back :chuckle:

tube517
02-06-2011, 10:47 PM
:heh:

plus SWEEEEED's coming back :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
02-06-2011, 10:52 PM
I guess im one of the oddballs, but I dont joke around about Sweed's situation, and I really hope he pans out, because we could get really thin at the wide receiver position really fast if these young guns dont pan out. Hines Ward and ARE are nearly tapped out as far as being productive. Wallace still needs to be a more consistent all-round receiver. Sanders and Brown haven't had to answer the calling card high up the depth chart yet against formidable DB's. Sweed panning out will help a lot. He's still very young, dont give up on him!

tube517
02-06-2011, 11:09 PM
I hope they do let Sweed get a shot. I don't think ARE will be back because his salary (if what was posted before is correct) is too high. They will need some of that to re-sign Woodley and Ike. But the upcoming lockout may make this all a moot point.

I guess im one of the oddballs, but I dont joke around about Sweed's situation, and I really hope he pans out, because we could get really thin at the wide receiver position really fast if these young guns dont pan out. Hines Ward and ARE are nearly tapped out as far as being productive. Wallace still needs to be a more consistent all-round receiver. Sanders and Brown haven't had to answer the calling card high up the depth chart yet against formidable DB's. Sweed panning out will help a lot. He's still very young, dont give up on him!

Galax Steeler
02-07-2011, 03:54 AM
I think they played well Sanders didn't last long but we will be ok next year.

43Blitz
02-07-2011, 08:28 AM
these Receivers are gonna go a long way with the Steelers;...

SteelerFanInStl
02-07-2011, 08:57 AM
Ben misfired on two passes that would have gone for TD's. The 1st misfire was on the pick-6, Woodson just got raaaaaaped on that play. The other one was a deep pass in the endzone, waaay overthrown and way over by his back shoulder. Could've changed the game.

The pick 6 wasn't a misfire. Ben got hit in the shoulder while throwing. Blame that one on Kemo.