PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE!!! Do not start any threads about cutting players and this team SUCKS

BPS3akaWirels3
02-06-2011, 09:29 PM
We are a better group than that. Let's be proud of what they did with/without Big Ben this season. Here is to a great next season... Go Steelers!!

steelpride12
02-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Yes agree, let's take the positive from this because when healthy this is one hell of a team and next season we will be just as strong and the draft will only make us more complete, next season won't come faster!

steelreserve
02-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Except Gay. He basically proved today what we've all known all along.

also, re: next season ... if there even IS a next season.

steeldawg
02-06-2011, 09:32 PM

I agree

Steelsauce
02-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Fox needs to be made an example of.

SteelCityMan786
02-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Well the cut threads are about to happen as is. Not like free agency is around the corner. Course, I just hope it's based on actual research, not just because they hate a person.

The Duke
02-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Fire arians?

steeldevil
02-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Oh its gonna happen.

BigNastyDefense
02-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Fire Tomlin, trade Ben, cut Mendy, let Taylor walk, cut Polamalu and this team SUCKS!!!!!

Honestly, the only guy I would really not want back is Gay. He's just bad. He couldn't cover a wet paper bag if his life counted on it, or make a tackle in the open field for that matter.

BPS3akaWirels3
02-06-2011, 09:38 PM
I did not seeing anything that Gay did or didn't do this season that would make me say to cut him.

steeldawg
02-06-2011, 09:42 PM
I did not seeing anything that Gay did or didn't do this season that would make me say to cut him.

:faint:

steelerdude15
02-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Even with the horrible offseason, Ben's suspension, Holmes being traded, all the injuries, etc, they did a hell of job this year. To go through what we went through and to make it this far... the only thing I can say is I'm proud of them and even with tonight's lost, I can still say we have the best team in the world and we are the best fans in the world. Hopefully now all the bandwagon jumpers will go away now.

zulater
02-06-2011, 09:43 PM

Actually Gay showed me a lot this season, he's a good nickel back. If you ask him to be one of your primary corners, that's on you. But the guy has more than proved that he belongs in the league.

Hell if you're going to make tonights game the standard, and refuse to credit the opponent, then I guess Troy should be cut too.

Idiots!

tube517
02-06-2011, 09:48 PM
They need another CB. Gay can stay at nickel but BMac is too injury prone. He's clearly not the same player as in 2008. LeBeau obviously likes the guy but he's been playing hurt all season and even in 2009 w/the Cardinals. If he was healthy, I think he's still a good CB but he seems to get injured alot.

BPS3akaWirels3
02-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Actually Gay showed me a lot this season, he's a good nickel back. If you ask him to be one of your primary corners, that's on you. But the guy has more than proved that he belongs in the league.

Hell if you're going to make tonights game the standard, and refuse to credit the opponent, then I guess Troy should be cut too.

Idiots!

So what your saying is that we agree for once... ??? !!! Holy Crap...

Godfather
02-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Is Keenan Lewis capable of taking over the other corner position? We need to draft someone anyway because Ike's not getting any younger, but I'd rather have the luxury of letting the new guy develop.

kmsteelerwr15
02-06-2011, 10:49 PM

Idiots!

I have to agree with you 100% here

steelreserve
02-06-2011, 10:50 PM

I'm sorry you missed the Super Bowl. Did your work not let you off?

zulater
02-06-2011, 10:55 PM
I'm sorry you missed the Super Bowl. Did your work not let you off?

I'm sorry you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground when assessing defensive backs play. Gay had perfect coverage on a couple of those plays, it's just that Aaron Rodgers threw the perfect pass. There's two teams out there, you realize that don't you?

steelreserve
02-06-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm sorry you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground when assessing defensive backs play. Gay had perfect coverage on a couple of those plays, it's just that Aaron Rodgers threw the perfect pass. There's two teams out there, you realize that don't you?

Except for the middle sentence, same right back at you.

zulater
02-06-2011, 11:10 PM
So you'd have the Steelers cut Gay?

steelreserve
02-06-2011, 11:17 PM
So you'd have the Steelers cut Gay?

Been saying that for a while now.

I admit he's been promising as a nickel back. Problem with that is, the nickel back often gets called upon to step up temporarily and be the #1 or #2 CB. Gay has shown repeatedly that he can't do that. And when you're facing a team that goes 4-wide regularly, the nickel back gets picked on regularly. He gets exposed in either of those situations. Time to move on. Bottom line, we need a second CB that's better than either Gay or McFadden.

zulater
02-06-2011, 11:21 PM

I admit he's been promising as a nickel back. Problem with that is, the nickel back often gets called upon to step up temporarily and be the #1 or #2 CB. Gay has shown repeatedly that he can't do that. And when you're facing a team that goes 4-wide regularly, the nickel back gets picked on regularly. He gets exposed in either of those situations. Time to move on. Bottom line, we need a second CB that's better than either Gay or McFadden.

Yeah I'm all for getting another good cover corner. But Gay as a nickel back is better than most. Rodgers makes a lot of nickel backs look like shit, especially in a Dome. By that standard there might not be 3 nickel backs in the league worth having on your roster.

If I'm going to single out any db tonight it would probably be Troy.

SteelerEmpire
02-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Have you guys noticed something ? For YEARS there has been a problem with 2 areas, OVER AND OVER again: the O-line and the Secondary ? What. Are our coaches stuck on stupid or something ?

steel9guy
02-06-2011, 11:27 PM
I thought our Oline played good this year through everything. My only complaint is with secondary as well but we can fix that in the draft.

steelreserve
02-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Yeah I'm all for getting another good cover corner. But Gay as a nickel back is better than most. Rodgers makes a lot of nickel backs look like shit, especially in a Dome. By that standard there might not be 3 nickel backs in the league worth having on your roster.

If I'm going to single out any db tonight it would probably be Troy.

There's always a problem with Troy when we play sit-back. He's 20 yards off the line and barely has a chance to be involved. I've been pointing out this exact same problem since 2006.

We cannot win when we play the 2006 defense. Doing that voluntarily takes Troy out of the game. That's exactly what we did tonight, that's the defense we use when Troy is absent, and that's the defense we've played in just about every loss against a "marquee QB" for the past few years. We do it to ourselves.

As for Gay, he's OK when he's not spotlighted, but once he is, he's toast. You can't be like that in this league. There are tons of nickel CBs better than him. Time to move on.

tube517
02-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Going back to the original statement: Cut Ben, Troy, Hines, Heath, Mendy, Wallace, Harrison, Woodley, Ike and Pouncey. And oh yeah, this team sucks. :chuckle:

and Tom Brady is gay.

We are a better group than that. Let's be proud of what they did with/without Big Ben this season. Here is to a great next season... Go Steelers!!

zulater
02-06-2011, 11:46 PM
There's always a problem with Troy when we play sit-back. He's 20 yards off the line and barely has a chance to be involved. I've been pointing out this exact same problem since 2006.

We cannot win when we play the 2006 defense. Doing that voluntarily takes Troy out of the game. That's exactly what we did tonight, that's the defense we use when Troy is absent, and that's the defense we've played in just about every loss against a "marquee QB" for the past few years. We do it to ourselves.

As for Gay, he's OK when he's not spotlighted, but once he is, he's toast. You can't be like that in this league. There are tons of nickel CBs better than him. Time to move on.

Tons of them? I got visions of the next Hank Poteat dancing through my head, no thanks. I'm all for drafting a good cover corner in the first round, even if we have to trade up to do it. But I also think Gay is a competent nickel back, and we'd probably end up worse off if we tried to replace him.

steel9guy
02-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Going back to the original statement: Cut Ben, Troy, Hines, Heath, Mendy, Wallace, Harrison, Woodley, Ike and Pouncey. And oh yeah, this team sucks. :chuckle:

and Tom Brady is gay.

You forgot Timmons and Farrior. They are terrible!

Iron Steeler
02-07-2011, 12:40 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth!

NJarhead
02-07-2011, 12:55 PM
I wouldn't be too upset if Gay wasn't on the roster in 2011. Even less upset if we went after Grimes out of Atlanta for that position. Also, I think Fox sealed his own fate last night.

I'm VERY proud of our o-line.

JonM229
02-07-2011, 01:17 PM
You guys should cut ALL of your players as your team SUCKS.

During the 3rd quarter, I was having flashbacks to the Divisional Round game. Good thing (for me, not you) that the Packers are no Ravens.

SteelerSal
02-07-2011, 01:30 PM

Agree..corner needs to be high priority through FA and the upcoming draft.
Gay has shown flashes here and there at the nickle but he is to inconsistant. IMO

NJarhead
02-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Agree..corner needs to be high priority through FA and the upcoming draft.
Gay has shown flashes here and there at the nickle but he is to inconsistant. IMO
Agreed. I know we rarely sign FA's, but if you look at Grimes, he's a perfect fit for the position opposite Ike. McFadden could be the nickle.

Also, I'm interested to see the development of Keenan Lewis. He was raw, but aggressive in the pre-season, but I liked what I saw of him.

I think we need to address O-Line and D-Line in the draft. We may lose Hoke this off-season.

In any event, I'm not overly concerned outside of our secondary. We have probably the best core of players on this team. No question we will be back and even more dangerous.

tube517
02-07-2011, 02:14 PM
And please someone tell Mike Tomlin to stop moonlighting in his 2nd and 3rd jobs with "House" and the Black eyed Peas......

http://www.celebrity-sunglasses-finder.com/image-files/will_i_am-4.jpg

Merchant
02-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Also, I'm interested to see the development of Keenan Lewis. He was raw, but aggressive in the pre-season, but I liked what I saw of him.

If Lewis can't make it onto the field over Madison, my hope for him is diminishing.

SteelerFanInStl
02-07-2011, 03:37 PM
If Lewis can't make it onto the field over Madison, my hope for him is diminishing.

Agreed. Lewis hasn't been able to get on the field for anything more than some special teams appearances his first two seasons.

Count Steeler
02-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Let's get that CB from Oakland, Asomugah? Sorry about spelling. He would be an immediate help and we could focus the draft on both lines, getting younger and stronger.

solardave
02-07-2011, 04:44 PM

He could at least turn around BEFORE the receiver catches the damn ball. Every time he gets burned his back is to the ball.

NJarhead
02-07-2011, 05:29 PM

I'm beyond sick of seeing a play made against us in the passing game and then seeing #22 chasing it only to find (as anticipated) that he was responsible for the coverage.

Godfather
02-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Also, I think Fox sealed his own fate last night.

Who was the CB who got fired from the team in '93 after he cost us a playoff game against the Chefs?