PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Green Bay Packers

BigNastyDefense
02-06-2011, 09:13 PM
It pains me to type this, but congrats to the Green Bay Packers. They deserved to win this game. We played sloppy, and with three turnovers, you don't deserve to win the Super Bowl.

But we will be back, and damn it, we will get out seventh Lombardi trophy.

X-Terminator
02-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Congratulations Packers. You won fair and square and were the better team tonight. Bitter loss, but we'll be back. I'm sure of it.

The Duke
02-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Yep, gotta congratulate them. Played a heck of a game and deserved to win

No sloppy play from their side, and there was the result

SteelerEmpire
Man we played like CRAP... congrats to the pack though...

fansince'76
Congrats to the Packers. :drink:

Dodt
02-06-2011, 09:18 PM
hopefully there will be a game next year

86WARD
02-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Aaron Rodgers was the Aaron Rodgers I was afraid of. Props to the Packers and the adversity they faced this season. Congrats.

SteelerEmpire
02-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Congrats to the packers... you guys just made a name off of us...

Steelsauce
Meh...I'm not so impressed. Congrats and all, but if the Steelers don't shoot themselves in the foot multiple times, the outcome is different. Steelers lost the game more than GB won it.

vader29
Congrats to the Packers.

Butch
02-06-2011, 09:25 PM
If we have to lose at least we lost to a Classy organisation. They played a little better than us and most importantly didn't turn the ball over. Congrats

BPS3akaWirels3
02-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Congrats Packers... You played a much better game... Well deserved..

steelreserve
02-06-2011, 09:28 PM
No congratulations from me. Fuck you and your whole city. I'm sorry everyone will have to hear the Rodgers ballwashing for the next decade now. And unbelievably embarrassed that we were the ones who helped anoint him.

Borski
02-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Congrats to the Packers, they played a great game, they deserved that win. We'll be back soon.

Steelsauce
02-06-2011, 09:31 PM
No congratulations from me. Fuck you and your whole city. I'm sorry everyone will have to hear the Rodgers ballwashing for the next decade now. And unbelievably embarrassed that we were the ones who helped anoint him.

A little harsh but you do have a point.

steeldevil
02-06-2011, 09:32 PM
We killed ourselves, and they didn't... So congrats, I guess...

Edman
02-06-2011, 09:34 PM
I have nothing against the Pack. I don't hate them even though we lost.

Steelers commit three turnovers, Packers capitalized. They're a good team that earned it. You can't really fault or hate them for that. Congrats to them.

steelerdude15
02-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Congrads to the Packers for their win tonight. They fully deserve it and they played a great game. We killed ourselves with the turnovers and we just couldn't get it done in the end. I just hope Hines doesn't retire till he gets another ring.

Edman
02-06-2011, 09:46 PM

Come on, don't feel sour grapes. Rodgers played a great game.

If anything, Ben's status as the guy to stand aside Bradshaw should be called into question now. Because that's TWO Super Bowls he shit the bed in. The next time anyone comes on and tells me Ben is elite, I'm punching him. Of all the disappointing performances tonight, I WAS MOST disappointed in him considering the circumstances and the FACT that he's been there before. Outdueled by Rodgers on the big stage. Rodgers played like the QB in his third Super Bowl, Ben did not.

silver & black
02-06-2011, 09:47 PM
No congratulations from me. Fuck you and your whole city. I'm sorry everyone will have to hear the Rodgers ballwashing for the next decade now. And unbelievably embarrassed that we were the ones who helped anoint him. Hmmm... just when I was going to congratulate you Steelers fans for being stand up.

Well... I will go ahead and congratulate most of you on being stand up. :thumbsup:

The simple fact is... you don't always win... even if you should... or think you should.

It was one of the better SB games in a while. I'm very happy your team lost. Say what you will about me for that, but.... It's already gpoing to be hard enough to catch you. :chuckle:

hotrodder07
02-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Yeah, Congratulations to the Packers and their fanbase. They were just the better team tonight. Their franchise is a respectable one, so it makes the loss a bit less bitter. We'll get the 7th next year.

Edman
02-06-2011, 09:52 PM
I don't count of number 7 coming next year either.

Steelers are now faced with a new hangover...the Super Bowl Loser curse.

Devilsdancefloor
02-06-2011, 09:54 PM
agree we played like crap, but the pack took advantage of it hats off to them.

tube517
02-06-2011, 09:54 PM
I'd rather lose to GB than Dallas. Congrats GB. We'll get it next time.

Prouncey53
02-06-2011, 09:56 PM
For all we know it could be decades until we even get back to the big game. This one hurts. Congrats to GB, they took advantage of turnovers and played a virtually perfect game.

I just hope we get back to the big game with this group of guys for a little redemption.

fansince'76
02-06-2011, 09:58 PM
I don't count of number 7 coming next year either.

Steelers are now faced with a new hangover...the Super Bowl Loser curse.

That's assuming there's even a season next year. I'm not banking on it.

SteelerFanInStl
02-06-2011, 10:02 PM
If we have to lose at least we lost to a Classy organisation.

I agree. Did anyone notice that there wasn't any pushing and shoving after the whistle and no taunting and trash talking during this game? Just good old fashioned football. We made the mistakes and they took advantage of them.

43Hitman
02-06-2011, 10:06 PM

Not cool. Not cool at all, they took what we gave them and it just so happened we gave them the ball 3 times and they scored every time.

43Hitman
02-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Congrats Packer fans, you guys had the better team tonight and deserved to win. Enjoy it while it lasts cause we're coming for that trophy next season. If we have one that is.

zulater
02-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Did the Packers deserve to win? Yes. Were they the better team today? Yes. Am I going to congragulate them on a Steelers message board? No f'ing way! Any Packer fan on this site can go straight to hell as far as I'm concerned, or at least back to their own boards. I don't go to other teams boards looking for validation when the Steelers win, so I don't feel I owe them a mf'ing thing if they're hanging around here.

Shoes
02-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Good game and congrats to the Pack! We still had a very good year....and remember these guys are making big bucks and will have a few months off...... you and I have to go to work tomorrow!

steelreserve
02-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Hmmm... just when I was going to congratulate you Steelers fans for being stand up.

Well... I will go ahead and congratulate most of you on being stand up. :thumbsup:

The simple fact is... you don't always win... even if you should... or think you should.

It was one of the better SB games in a while. I'm very happy your team lost. Say what you will about me for that, but.... It's already gpoing to be hard enough to catch you. :chuckle:

What exactly did you want out of me for a reaction? I hated the Packers well before this game, and I really don't see the value of whatever postgame dick-sucking people think is supposed to go on, and makes you a better person if/when you partake. Bottom line is, we lost and I'm pissed.

Did we deserve to lose the game? Definitely. Do I owe Packers fans anything at all? No. Fuck them. Personally, I think Packers fans are among the most obnoxious in the league, and I am pretty unhappy at the extra credit Rodgers is going to get for nothing here, as if he just won 10 Super Bowls. I really do not like to see another BradyManning media monster created, because I've had enough of that shit, but here it comes. He had three TDs because we fucked up all game, big whoop. He is not Jesus Ezekiel Jesus, but that's all I'll hear.

Finally, if you want to talk about fans being classless after losing the Super Bowl, just look here and please don't presume to lecture anyone about it ever again:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2003/01/27/MN98171.DTL&ao=all

memphissteelergirl
02-06-2011, 11:03 PM
What exactly did you want out of me for a reaction? I hated the Packers well before this game, and I really don't see the value of whatever postgame dick-sucking people think is supposed to go on, and makes you a better person if/when you partake. Bottom line is, we lost and I'm pissed.

Did we deserve to lose the game? Definitely. Do I owe Packers fans anything at all? No. Fuck them. Personally, I think Packers fans are among the most obnoxious in the league, and I am pretty unhappy at the extra credit Rodgers is going to get for nothing here, as if he just won 10 Super Bowls. I really do not like to see another BradyManning media monster created, because I've had enough of that shit, but here it comes. He had three TDs because we fucked up all game, big whoop. He is not Jesus Ezekiel Jesus, but that's all I'll hear.

Finally, if you want to talk about fans being classless after losing the Super Bowl, just look here and please don't presume to lecture anyone about it ever again:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2003/01/27/MN98171.DTL&ao=all

Wow...you really are an "inconsiderate S.O.B.," aren't you?
OK...so you don't like Green Bay. Fine. Whatever. That's your opinion. But they were the better team tonight. Get the f*** over it and move on.

steelreserve
02-06-2011, 11:06 PM

Well, I do have that there for a reason.

Galax Steeler
02-07-2011, 03:26 AM
I will send congrats to them they played a good game and we didn't.

wvsportsman
02-07-2011, 05:23 AM
Like Ben said, sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way, I still thought it was a good ball game and I'm proud of our guys for a great season.
After all most counted us out to start the year. We were still in the big game, thats more than 30 other team can say.
So congrats to the Packers, they out played us and deserve the win. Also proud of all the classy SU fans on here.
The few not so classy I guess you will just have to wallow in your own self pity. You sound like B/more fans!

venom
02-07-2011, 05:42 AM
Congrats to the Packers and their fans .

BigPoppaG
02-07-2011, 05:48 AM
Packers played a clean game. Congrats to them and their fans.
Wish the outcome was different but enjoy the wins and learn from the losses. That is life. Plus you don't win championships with turnovers. EVERYONE knows that.

I would say we'll get em next year but now we have to wait for the CBA to work out.

Kaeg
02-07-2011, 05:56 AM
I gotta say congrats too. We made mistakes. They didn't. They were the better team in the game, as others have stated.

HometownGal
02-07-2011, 05:59 AM
Congrats to the Packers. :drink: I wouldn't say you were the better team but you took advantage of the opportunities given to you and I give you mad props for that.

However - I'm damned proud of my Steelers for all they accomplished this season and overcoming all of the adversities they were faced with throughout the season. :tt03:

Austin87
02-07-2011, 06:46 AM
Just feels wrong,but here goes...Congrats to the Packers...You guys played a helluva game,with all the injuries you suffered during the season and Super Bowl,to still win it all,good job.

Akagi
02-07-2011, 08:30 AM
I can't hate the Packers, or their fans; they're like our brothers*. Nice game, bro, see you next February when we square off again.

*And for the fans, sisters

steelreserve
02-07-2011, 10:33 AM
OK...so you don't like Green Bay. Fine. Whatever. That's your opinion. But they were the better team tonight. Get the f*** over it and move on.

Yes, they were the better team. I don't know why that makes anyone think I owe them or their fans a fucking thing.

It has nothing to do with "getting over it" or "moving on." It's just poor sportsmanship, which is really something I excel at and take pride in.

fansince'76
02-07-2011, 10:36 AM
It has nothing to do with "getting over it" or "moving on." It's just poor sportsmanship, which is really something I excel at and take pride in.

:chuckle:

BigPoppaG
02-07-2011, 11:54 AM
It's just poor sportsmanship, which is really something I excel at and take pride in.

As long as your honest about how you feel.:chuckle:

43Hitman
02-07-2011, 11:59 AM

:chuckle: gotta respect your honesty.

KeiselPower99
02-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Congrats to the Packers. Im happy Woodson and Driver both get rings and Kevin Greene as well. The Pack built that team the same way we do and Ted Thompson needs his hand shook with the job he did putting that team together and finding the right guys to fill in with all the injuries they had.

beSteelmyheart
02-07-2011, 03:41 PM
I'd rather lose to GB than Dallas. Congrats GB. We'll get it next time.
I agree!! A loss to Dallas really would have stung!!! I don't have anything against the Packers & thought that Rodgers handled the Favre mess with alot of class.
I will send my grumbling congratulations to them & the fans but am not too thrilled about having to do it.

SteelerFanInStl
02-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Congrats to the Packers. Im happy Woodson and Driver both get rings and Kevin Greene as well. The Pack built that team the same way we do and Ted Thompson needs his hand shook with the job he did putting that team together and finding the right guys to fill in with all the injuries they had.

I agree. Maybe now all of the idiots will stop whining about how Thompson supposedly "ran Favre out of town".

HometownGal
02-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Yes, they were the better team. I don't know why that makes anyone think I owe them or their fans a fucking thing.

Ya big meanie. :buttkick:

GodfatherofSoul
02-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Congrats Packers. The only team I'd rather lose to more is the Bears. Class organization and an ownership model I wish was allowed for other franchises.

SteelerFanInStl
02-07-2011, 04:27 PM
The only team I'd rather lose to more is the Bears. Class organization and an ownership model I wish was allowed for other franchises.

Bleh! I hate the Bears and their obnoxious fans. Them trading for Cutler only made me hate them more. All I heard all year was how great their team was and then when they lost to GB, they all disappeared.

Count Steeler
02-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Congrats GB. And your welcome.

silver & black
02-07-2011, 05:34 PM
That's it... get it all out! Cry a little more... I love to hear Steeler fans cry! Ya see, where I live, I have to listen you obnoxious fucks all day long blabber on about how great you are and how everyone else sucks. There might be a few "real" Steeler fans around where I live... I know most of them, but by and large, it's nothing but a bandwagon suckfest. I can't wait to see all those damned flags come off the porches and all the stickers come off the cars!:chuckle: Like I always tell those front runner fans... it's EASY to be a Steelers fan!

Today was awsome at work... all the Steelers "fans" were very quiet. :chuckle: The two "real" Steelers fans who work with me were able to carry on an intelligent conversation about the game and chalk it up to the better team (at least yesterday)winning.... unlike yourself. Guys like you crack me up!:rofl2:

I think most of you around here know that this was not directed at you. I know very well you are all passionite fans of your team. If the "fans" where I live were as cool as most of you, I wouldn't have a problem with them... I might have even rooted for the Steelers. But, I deal with a whole different kind of "fan" around here, so, I was delighted at the outcome of the game.

BlastFurnace
02-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Has anyone offered congratulations to John Kuhn?

fansince'76
02-07-2011, 05:43 PM
That's it... get it all out! Cry a little more... I love to hear Steeler fans cry! Ya see, where I live, I have to listen you obnoxious fucks all day long blabber on about how great you are and how everyone else sucks. There might be a few "real" Steeler fans around where I live... I know most of them, but by and large, it's nothing but a bandwagon suckfest. I can't wait to see all those damned flags come off the porches and all the stickers come off the cars!:chuckle: Like I always tell those front runner fans... it's EASY to be a Steelers fan!

Today was awsome at work... all the Steelers "fans" were very quiet. :chuckle: The two "real" Steelers fans who work with me were able to carry on an intelligent conversation about the game and chalk it up to the better team (at least yesterday)winning.... unlike yourself. Guys like you crack me up!:rofl2:

I think most of you around here know that this was not directed at you. I know very well you are all passionite fans of your team. If the "fans" where I live were as cool as most of you, I wouldn't have a problem with them... I might have even rooted for the Steelers. But, I deal with a whole different kind of "fan" around here, so, I was delighted at the outcome of the game.

We still got six rings, BITCH! How many does your team got? :chuckle:

fansince'76
02-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Has anyone offered congratulations to John Kuhn?

His HoF bust is being prepared as we speak. :chuckle:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/NavajoScout/johnkuhnhof.png

steelreserve
02-07-2011, 06:13 PM

If that was directed at me, which I presume it was ... I'm not trying to bitch about the outcome of the game or live in denial that the Steelers were outplayed. The point is: 1) I've always hated the Packers and still do, and 2) I think it's perfectly fine to be mad when you lose.

Maybe it feels better, or seems like the stand-up thing to do, when you go around handing out pats on the back to the opponent who just beat you, but I'd rather just tell them to go suck a dick. It's easier and more honest that way.