PDA

View Full Version : The Mysteries of Pittsburgh

tube517
02-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Ok, I lied. I thought I would stop reading CNN/SI but I read this and I am re-energized.

Think about the Pittsburgh Steelers for a moment. Close your eyes if you like. What do you see? It’s a pretty clear image, isn’t it? You see those black and gold uniforms. You see howling defense. You see a running back powering through the middle, maybe led by a bruising fullback. You see a big and sturdy quarterback who doesn’t so much throw the ball as muscle it down the field. You see those golden Terrible Towels spinning throughout the stadium. You see those black helmets, with the single golden stripe, and the Steelers logo — a white circle, the word “Steelers” and the three asteroid shapes taken from the logo of U.S. Steel — on one side of the helmet, always one side.

:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::t t03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt0 3:
http://joeposnanski.si.com/2011/02/03/the-mysteries-of-pittsburgh-steelers/

GoSlash27
02-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Definitely the truth there. Pittsburgh is the only city I can think of where the fan base actually demands and expects this style of play. Lots of other teams would like to play this style of ball, but the fans won't stick with them because it's not exciting enough to keep them engaged.