PDA

View Full Version : Some love from The Queen City....aka Cincinnati

stillers4me
02-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers are worth rooting for -- for one night

Sunday night and Sunday night only: Could you root for an owner who, back in the day, would empty the ashtrays in the lobby of his stadium, not far from the glass case containing the Super Bowl trophies? How ’bout his son?

Any love for a guy who, when he wasn’t serving as U.S. ambassador to Ireland, sometimes would walk with the rank and file fans to the new stadium, from his modest row home near downtown?

Recently, responding to a question about a suggested 18-game regular NFL season, the son said, “I would rather not have the (extra) money.’’

I know you could wrap your heart around that.

Need more than Art Rooney – aka The Chief – and his son, Dan?

How ’bout an organization that respects its fans, its traditions and its town? That doesn’t just encourage the town-team synergy to flourish, but is intrinsically the heart of it? That lets its high school football teams mush up its grass field every November, so the kids can have a cool and memorable place to play their championship games?...........

Read more @ http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110205/COL03/302050017/Doc-Steelers-worth-rooting-for