PDA

View Full Version : Starkey: Steelers stars trump logic, Packers

stillers4me
02-06-2011, 08:35 AM
Logic tells me to pick the Green Bay Packers tonight.

Logic compares the Packers winging it around on an indoor carpet to gasoline spreading on a sheet of fire. Aaron Rodgers is the NFL's best indoor passer over the past three seasons (111.1 rating in 12 games), and in their most recent appearance under a roof, the Packers scorched a very good Atlanta team.

Logic loves Green Bay linebacker Clay Matthews in any matchup on the outer edges of the Steelers' blocking schemes and kinda likes freight-train nose tackle B.J. Raji on the inside, too.

Logic believes Hall of Fame cornerback Deion Sanders when he says the Packers' cornerbacks (Charles Woodson, Tramon Williams) can effectively utilize a physical, in-your-face style against the Steelers' receivers.

Logic also is inclined to agree with another Hall of Fame defensive back, Rod Woodson, when he says the Packers have the rare ability to spread out and dice up the Steelers, a la the New England Patriots, and bury them in a barrage of short- and medium-range passes.

Logic has seen enough of Rodgers to know he can take a licking and keep on flicking and, if need be, convert first downs on the run, thereby hurting the Steelers even on plays when Dick LeBeau makes the right call.

Finally, logic argues that the Steelers' experience is countered by the Packers' relative youth and hunger. Green Bay has only one player (ex-Steelers practice-squader John Kuhn) with a Super Bowl ring. Logic points out — with a hint of arrogance, I must say — that the Saints and Giants proved in recent years that championship experience is overrated in the Super Bowl.

So, yes, in many ways the Packers are the logical pick.

And I can't bring myself to pick them.

Troy Polamalu and Ben Roethlisberger won't let me......................

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_721607.html

salamander
02-06-2011, 08:50 AM
B..b..b..b..b..but Aaron Rodgers is the bestest QB ever right now and we cannot beat him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!