PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger worries about winning his next game and not about his legacy

stillers4me
02-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger wears No. 7 because it was John Elway's number. He grew up a San Francisco 49ers fan in Findlay, Ohio, because of his admiration for Joe Montana.

No quarterback has played in more Super Bowls than Elway. None have won more than Montana.

If anybody knows what is at stake tonight at Cowboys Stadium, it is Roethlisberger. He is playing for his third Super Bowl ring -- a milestone that would put him between childhood heroes Elway (two) and Montana (four) in Super Bowl victories and cement his legacy as one of the all-time greats.

"He wins this one, and he's about to go down in the books," said Steelers left guard Chris Kemoeatu.

But Roethlisberger, 28, would rather not think about his place in history......................

read more @ http://burgh.us/2k8

Kaeg
02-06-2011, 08:29 AM
I'd rather he think about just a game as he says. Thinking of your legacy could put undue pressure on yourself, so I'm glad he's approaching it this way.