PDA

View Full Version : So I'm sitting at home minding my own business.....

Kaeg
02-06-2011, 08:00 AM
...when I find out yesterday that I have to go drop my wife's cousin off at the airport today. I'm in Northeast PA and the airport? JFK in NYC. Drop off time is 2:45. That leaves me roughly 3 hours to make it back in time for kick off. I should make it, but there's always that wild card of traffic or accidents. I have it set to record just in case, but who really wants to watch it late? So much for watching the pre game hype. At least it's only Superbowl Sunday when my team is in it. :frusty:
So I'm hoping for a little luck and well wishing from some of you here. It may make the difference. :clap2:

stillers4me
02-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Do you have satellite radio? Just drive carefully, watching the game a little late is better than getting into an accident, and cheaper than a speeding ticket!!

Hope you make it on time! Go Steelers!

BigNastyDefense
02-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Tell her it's Super Bowl Sunday so she'll have to take a taxi cab this time around.

Kaeg
02-06-2011, 08:04 AM
No satellite, but being NYC I'm sure I can find stuff on some stations. Radio is better than nothing. But it doesn't beat my tv. hehe

Kaeg
02-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Tell her it's Super Bowl Sunday so she'll have to take a taxi cab this time around.

My god, I wonder how much a cab ride would cost round trip for this one. lol

HometownGal
02-06-2011, 08:07 AM
That sucks Kaeg but your safety comes first - yes - even before the Steelers! You should still get home in time to see the majority of the game, buddy.

Kaeg
02-06-2011, 08:32 AM
That sucks Kaeg but your safety comes first - yes - even before the Steelers! You should still get home in time to see the majority of the game, buddy.

Thx HTG. I'm really thinking I should make it without much problems, so no need for a big rush, but just worried about unforeseen issues. I won't be a maniac behind the wheel. Hehe

86WARD
02-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Wife's cousin?

A. It's only a cousin...
B. It's your WIFE'S cousin...
C. It's Super Bowl Sunday!

Anyone else see the problem with this thread?

;)

Kaeg
02-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Wife's cousin?

A. It's only a cousin...
B. It's your WIFE'S cousin...
C. It's Super Bowl Sunday!

Anyone else see the problem with this thread?

;)

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

cheezheadsteeler
02-06-2011, 08:47 AM
With the new security restrictions, I say you drop her off 2 extra hours early just to be safe, you don't want her to miss her flight because of an extended body cavity search...

Galax Steeler
02-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Get sick and let someone else to the job.

VTsteel
02-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Drop the cousin off early . . . just to be safe.

Good Luck man!

BPS3akaWirels3
02-06-2011, 09:10 AM
...when I find out yesterday that I have to go drop my wife's cousin off at the airport today. I'm in Northeast PA and the airport? JFK in NYC. Drop off time is 2:45. That leaves me roughly 3 hours to make it back in time for kick off. I should make it, but there's always that wild card of traffic or accidents. I have it set to record just in case, but who really wants to watch it late? So much for watching the pre game hype. At least it's only Superbowl Sunday when my team is in it. :frusty:
So I'm hoping for a little luck and well wishing from some of you here. It may make the difference. :clap2:

If you have an Android cellphone download "Tunein". That will let you listen to any radio station in the world for free. Then you can listen to 93.7 the FAN. Make sure you stop and buy headsets.

Kaeg
02-06-2011, 09:16 AM
With the new security restrictions, I say you drop her off 2 extra hours early just to be safe, you don't want her to miss her flight because of an extended body cavity search...
Hahaha! I'm not touching that one! :rofl2:

Kaeg
02-06-2011, 09:18 AM
If you have an Android cellphone download "Tunein". That will let you listen to any radio station in the world for free. Then you can listen to 93.7 the FAN. Make sure you stop and buy headsets.

I don't have an android, but there's a version of the fan for my radio in NYC I believe. 66 AM.

Kaeg
02-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Just about time for me to leave. I'll check in when I get back to let you all know if I made it or not. I still think I should be ok. Take care, and GO STEELERS!

Iron Steeler
02-06-2011, 09:21 AM

Good Luck buddy! Think about this way... she owes you big time now...

Butch
02-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Good luck Kaeg!!! We're pullin' for ya'!!!

Count Steeler
02-06-2011, 10:50 AM
God speed Kaeg.

Hindes204
02-06-2011, 10:59 AM
My wife knows better, no way in hell I would be taking her cousin to the airport today. Your a saint man, I couldn't do it. Your wife better be very thankful

Craic
02-06-2011, 12:34 PM
I'd give my wife one of two options.

1. Someone else takes the cousin.

2. I take the cousin, go to a Steelers bar there, stay overnight, and come home tomorrow.

Don't like either of those? Guess the cousin needs to get another ticket! :chuckle:

tube517
02-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Your car could suddenly "not start".......:noidea:

Just sayin'

Dino 6 Rings
02-06-2011, 01:04 PM
personally, drop off would have been at 9am for me. Need a ride? take it when I offer it at 9am or else...WALK CHUMP!

steelreserve
02-06-2011, 01:08 PM
This would be a great time for you to come down with a case of EABOD.

Polamalu Princess
02-06-2011, 01:21 PM
I hope you have a safe trip.

7willBheaven
02-06-2011, 01:36 PM
I'd be like screw that someone else can take her...thats messed up and a load of crap...even if it wasnt SB Sunday.

The Duke
02-06-2011, 02:04 PM
You're a very good man

Nobody dares ask me any favors today. And if they do they know I won't do them

have a safe trip!

Kaeg
02-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Hey, everyone! I made it back with time to spare. Even managed to bring home some pizza, so it's all worked out! (Although I should have stopped for NY pizza while I was there. I didn't think of it till we were out.) Traffic was about as good as I could have wished for. Let's get ready for some football!!!

Count Steeler
02-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Hey, everyone! I made it back with time to spare. Even managed to bring home some pizza, so it's all worked out! (Although I should have stopped for NY pizza while I was there. I didn't think of it till we were out.) Traffic was about as good as I could have wished for. Let's get ready for some football!!!

But your wife still owes you. Still an hour to game time. :chuckle: