PDA

View Full Version : Harrison's reputation alone could affect Rodgers, Packers

stillers4me
02-05-2011, 01:11 PM
It's Super Bowl I for Aaron Rodgers (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/419780/aaron-rodgers), and the Green Bay quarterback insists he's not concerned about nerves. Good. That's how it should be. But he better be concerned about James Harrison (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/303162/james-harrison).

The Pittsburgh linebacker is the NFL's poster child for head-hunting, fined so many times for helmet-to-helmet hits that he claimed the league was trying to single him out, shut him down and change his game.

I don't believe it, and I don't know if anyone outside the Steelers' locker room does, either. But I do know this: Harrison poses a clear and present danger to Rodgers, and the reason is those helmet-to-helmet hits.

Nobody does it better than Harrison, right? At least, that's what the NFL tells us. Well, now he opposes a quarterback who suffered two concussions this season.

Connect the dots: One Harrison blow to Rodgers' head, and the Packers can start warming up Matt Flynn (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/410711/matt-flynn)...................

read more @ http://www.cbssports.com/print/nfl/story/14641587/as-the-nfls-poster-child-of-headhunting-harrisons-reputation-precedes-him

Devilsdancefloor
02-05-2011, 01:26 PM
yes please duck rodgers duck good god! i hope james has a huge day!! that wil open it up for all the other Lbers!!

fansince'76
02-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Gee, ya think they could at least play the f*cking game before the charges of "ZOMG! DA STEALERS CHEET!" start? :coffee:

Count Steeler
02-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Yes, Woodley and Harrison will pressure Rodgers, but I would send Farrior up the middle more often and let Woodley and Harrison contain and tackle when Rodgers trys to scramble. I could see Farrior being the key to a spectacular defensive effort.

fansince'76
02-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Yes, Woodley and Harrison will pressure Rodgers, but I would send Farrior up the middle more often and let Woodley and Harrison contain and tackle when Rodgers trys to scramble. I could see Farrior being the key to a spectacular defensive effort.

Nah, didn't you read the article? James Harrison, being the dirty, cheap-shotting-assed, unrepentant thug that he is, is going to intentionally hit Rodgers with a head-to-head shot and knock him out of the game during the first series. :rolleyes:

stillers4me
02-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Nah, didn't you read the article? James Harrison, being the dirty, cheap-shotting-assed, unrepentant thug that he is, is going to intentionally hit Rodgers with a head-to-head shot and knock him out of the game during the first series. :rolleyes:
I'm just worried that, since Rogers has had 2 (3) concussions just this year, that we won't be allowed near him without getting the flag.

fansince'76
02-05-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm just worried that, since Rogers has had 2 (3) concussions just this year, that we won't be allowed near him without getting the flag.

That wouldn't be much different than any other game, really.

tube517
02-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Expect the same amount of fines to be levied to the Steelers. And no flags against Ben. Remember, he is too big and is already too hard to bring down. He can handle hits to the head, nose and ears.

ALLD
02-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Rogers better put on his track shoes, they are coming for him. Roooooooooooooogerssssssssss.

Nobody named Rodger ever beat the Steelers.

Dino 6 Rings
02-05-2011, 03:29 PM
another reason Woodley gets 3 solo sacks this game at least :)

O'Malley
02-05-2011, 03:30 PM

Or Timmons

steeldawg
02-05-2011, 03:38 PM
I love it James is being ridiculed for knocking rodgers out of the game already!

HometownGal
02-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Those evil cheatin' cheap-shottin' scumbag Squeelers. :heh:

I want to see a game with no injuries on either side - just a kick ass Super Bowl. With the Steelers kicking the Packers' asses, of course. :tt03: However, if James, Wood, Timmons, Troy or whoever else gets a chance to rattle Rodgers' bones, they're not going to give a flying shit who likes it or who doesn't - it's ON.

Dino 6 Rings
02-05-2011, 05:17 PM
its called Fearing Death...its only natural for Rodgers to realize he's bitten off way more than he can chew.

hope we do all kinds of unspeakable things to his corpse when we are through too...