PDA

View Full Version : Cook: Kugler invaluable to Steelers

stillers4me
02-05-2011, 12:16 PM
The Steelers' MVP?
Easy.

Offensive line coach Sean Kugler.

It has to be Kugler, right?

OK, relax. I'm not talking about the Most Valuable Player. The Steelers voted that honor to deserving safety Troy Polamalu. I'm thinking Kugler is the team's Most Valuable Person. Go ahead, try talking me out of it. You can't. There's no way, especially if the Steelers beat the Green Bay Packers Sunday night in Super Bowl XLV with backup center Doug Legursky starting in place of injured Pro Bowler Maurkice Pouncey.

I mentioned this to Kugler the other day at one of the Steelers' media sessions. He looked at me as if I were from Mars. "I find that amusing," he said, snickering. "I haven't played one snap all season."

That doesn't mean Kugler won't have a big say in which team wins the big game at Cowboys Stadium. A lot of people are saying his line -- especially without Pouncey -- is no match for the Green Bay Packers' stout front seven. Of course, a lot of those same people said the Steelers wouldn't make it to the Super Bowl with that line.

What do they know?..............

read more @
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11036/1123260-66.stm

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Gotta say I think Kugler has been bigger than he gets credit for. He's got a bunch of mediocre talent performing above themselves. I really am hopeful we can get him some better talent in the upcoming years and we can have a line that ranks in the top 1/3 of the league.

HometownGal
02-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Gotta say I think Kugler has been bigger than he gets credit for. He's got a bunch of mediocre talent performing above themselves. I really am hopeful we can get him some better talent in the upcoming years and we can have a line that ranks in the top 1/3 of the league.

AMEN to that, Gonz.

Kugler has done a great job with what he has had to work with this season and having to play musical chairs with his line. The guy is definitely another helluva hire! :applaudit:

Devilsdancefloor
02-05-2011, 01:31 PM
kuglar has done a great job thus far with the talent he has to work with and all the injuries. It seems like every freaking game a olineman is laying on the ground.

Count Steeler
02-05-2011, 01:54 PM
This just in, Kugler was seen weeping in the corner of the locker room because he just could not come up with a game plan to handle Raji. It is uncertain if he will be on the sidelines.

Can you tell I am sick and tired of the BS coming from the media. Redemption will be sweet Sunday night.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO. PITTSBURGH'S WINNING THE SUPER BOWL! :tt02: :tt03: :tt02: :tt03: