PDA

View Full Version : This thread is for Fast Willie Parker

BPS3akaWirels3
02-05-2011, 09:32 AM
Sorry if this thread annoys anyone. I am a huge Willie Parker fan. I truly miss the guy. His career ended too soon with the Steelers. He will always be a big part of this team. I wish he could have been here for SB 45.

Thanks Willie for all you did!!!

http://www.wallpapergate.com/data/media/359/willie_parker.jpg

tube517
02-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Who?

BPS3akaWirels3
02-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Who?

Haters will hate..:chuckle:

tube517
02-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Haters will hate..:chuckle:

:rofl2:

I liked FWP too. Too bad Tomlin/Arians ran the wheels off of him. :old:

BPS3akaWirels3
02-05-2011, 09:40 AM
:rofl2:

I liked FWP too. Too bad Tomlin/Arians ran the wheels off of him. :old:

He has two rings to show for it... How many RB's can say that?

steelreserve
02-05-2011, 09:50 AM
There's a reason why he's out of the league right now ...

stillers4me
02-05-2011, 10:07 AM
I have a soft spot for FWP. too. It was sad to see him on the downward spiral.

Thanks for the memories, Willie. :tt03:

SteelerEmpire
02-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Yea. It was sad to see him go out the way he did. He was one of the rare "speed backs" the Steelers ever had.

fansince'76
02-05-2011, 10:31 AM
He has two rings to show for it... How many RB's can say that?

I just hope he invested his money wisely and that those 2 rings don't find their way into a pawn shop a couple of years down the road. He wasn't a big star, so he won't be able to continue to make money off his name - post-NFL life is often harsh to players in that predicament.

GoSlash27
02-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Fast Willie gave everything he had for the team and we wouldn't have been able to do it without him. Nuthin' but love for FWP.

Having said that, I do not miss the era of speed running in our offense. I prefer a ground attack that grinds up defenses and sustains drives.

BPS3akaWirels3
02-05-2011, 10:49 AM
I just hope he invested his money wisely and that those 2 rings don't find their way into a pawn shop a couple of years down the road. He wasn't a big star, so he won't be able to continue to make money off his name - post-NFL life is often harsh to players in that predicament.

If they do let me know where I can buy one...

Dino 6 Rings
02-05-2011, 11:23 AM
he just never was the same after the game in St Louis. But I always did enjoy watching the kid break the big ones.

he still has the record for longest play from scrimmage in a Super Bowl, breaking Marcus Allen's record by 1 yard. Not too many undrafted free agents can say that...in fact...only one can.

Here's to you Willie Parker...:thumbsup:

BPS3akaWirels3
02-05-2011, 11:38 AM
he just never was the same after the game in St Louis. But I always did enjoy watching the kid break the big ones.

he still has the record for longest play from scrimmage in a Super Bowl, breaking Marcus Allen's record by 1 yard. Not too many undrafted free agents can say that...in fact...only one can.

Here's to you Willie Parker...:thumbsup:

75 yds..

smokin3000gt
02-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Even though towards the end of his career with the Steelers I often referred to him as "2yd Willie" I always liked the guy. It was sad to see how fast his career went down the tubes.

zulater
02-05-2011, 11:43 AM
I'm not convinced FWP couldn't still play in the league. I think he made a couple really bad choices that saw him out of the league this year. First off he got too pridefull with the Steelers, had he agreed to come back in a subordinate role with the Steelers with a lesser salary I'm not sure they wouldn't have retained him. Anyone who's convinced he's finished should dig out the tape from last years season finale against the Dolphins where Willie's hard running secured the win. He had a helluva game there, I think he got every yard that was available. Then why the hell did he sign with the Redskins last offseason? Between he, Porter, and Johnson you just knew he wasn't going to get a fair look. I think the Rams and a couple other teams were interested as well, he would have been better off putting his emphasis on opportunity over money, particuarlry in light of non guaranteed contracts.

I hope he finds the right team next year.

stlrtruck
02-05-2011, 04:21 PM
I liked FWP, my only problem with him was after his knee injury he never hit the hole the same as he did before. He became a dancer.

However, I will always be thankful for his run in SB 40, and will always think of him as a Steeler!

JayC
02-05-2011, 04:26 PM
he should have just accepted the backup role and he would probably be in the nfl still.

HometownGal
02-05-2011, 04:31 PM
I loved FWP and appreciate all of his contributions to the team. As was said above - he has two SB rings and played a huge role in our successes those seasons. I wish him the very best. :drink:

Craic
02-05-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm not convinced FWP couldn't still play in the league. I think he made a couple really bad choices that saw him out of the league this year. First off he got too pridefull with the Steelers, had he agreed to come back in a subordinate role with the Steelers with a lesser salary I'm not sure they wouldn't have retained him. Anyone who's convinced he's finished should dig out the tape from last years season finale against the Dolphins where Willie's hard running secured the win. He had a helluva game there, I think he got every yard that was available. Then why the hell did he sign with the Redskins last offseason? Between he, Porter, and Johnson you just knew he wasn't going to get a fair look. I think the Rams and a couple other teams were interested as well, he would have been better off putting his emphasis on opportunity over money, particuarlry in light of non guaranteed contracts.

I hope he finds the right team next year.

Bingo- Bingo- and Bingo-

86WARD
02-05-2011, 05:10 PM
He'll be irrelevant after Mendenhall goes 76 for a TD...

;)

Willie was the man for a short time...got his picture of the 75-yard run signed and framed in the basement.