PDA

View Full Version : A key matchup: Steelers WR Mike Wallace vs. Packers CB Sam Shields

Galax Steeler
02-05-2011, 05:40 AM
It has been a quiet postseason for Mike Wallace, both on the field and with his mouth.

He has only four catches for 26 yards in two playoff games, meager totals for a player who had a team-high 1,257 yards receiving and led the AFC with a per-catch average of 21 yards during the regular season.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11036/1123269-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1D5FdiH4H

VTsteel
02-05-2011, 06:24 AM
Sam Shields: a rookie who isn't even a starter may cover our best receiver . . . GREAT! All he is is fast (real fast). He will (almost certainly) require Safety help over the top though. This should be good news for the run game . . .

ALLD
02-05-2011, 07:45 AM
Green Bay's WRs are being treated like the Four Horsemen in the media. Wallace has been quiet because he is being double and triple teamed. That leaves Ward open in the slot and the rookies in single coverage in the Go routes.

The media took a cue from Vegas about the projected game winner and then turned it into a WWE Good vs. Evil circus. The Steelers are getting little respect and the most I have heard is Mendy had a good game against the Jets. "Our LBers will be neutralized by the Packer's OL and Rogers' quick release." The Packer's WRs are going to be wide open all game long.

My sixth sense is saying that this is going to be a completely different game than what most "experts" are predicting. Watch Wallace catch everything thrown at him. The end result will be the Steelers winning an "upset" and then everybody questioning why it is categorized as such.

stillers4me
02-05-2011, 07:50 AM
Green Bay's WRs are being treated like the Four Horsemen in the media. Wallace has been quiet because he is being double and triple teamed. That leaves Ward open in the slot and the rookies in single coverage in the Go routes.

The media took a cue from Vegas about the projected game winner and then turned it into a WWE Good vs. Evil circus. The Steelers are getting little respect and the most I have heard is Mendy had a good game against the Jets. "Our LBers will be neutralized by the Packer's OL and Rogers' quick release." The Packer's WRs are going to be wide open all game long.

My sixth sense is saying that this is going to be a completely different game than what most "experts" are predicting. Watch Wallace catch everything thrown at him. The end result will be the Steelers winning an "upset" and then everybody questioning why it is categorized as such.
^^^^this + gut feeling^^^^