PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: Hampton 'not coming out'

Galax Steeler
02-05-2011, 05:39 AM
DALLAS -- University of Texas product Casey Hampton does not plan to take a back seat in this Texas Super Bowl and, by all measures, that would be a rather large back seat.

The 340-poundish Hampton knows the Steelers defense will deploy plenty of nickel and dime schemes against the pass-happy Green Bay Packers. And, in such defenses, Hampton usually is nowhere to be found.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11036/1123347-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1D5FMkMmr

Count Steeler
02-05-2011, 05:56 AM
I can see Hampton blowing up a couple of plays.

MULLDOG24
02-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Yeah i think Snacks is fired up and I would leave him in.

steelreserve
02-05-2011, 09:56 AM
By "playing a lot of nickel and dime schemes," I hope they do NOT mean we'll come out in that bullshit nickel tweener defense that we used against New England, where we don't get any pressure on the QB and don't cover the receivers either. That's the one way I can see us losing this game. As long as we don't give into the Rodgers-is-God hype and treat it like an ordinary game, the defense should do fine. If we believe all the nonsense like "OMG-he's-going-to-throw-for-1600-yards-and-40-touchdowns-unless-we-use-eight-DBs," then we'll get picked apart all game and deservedly so. The entire game hinges on whether LeBeau can figure out what we all know already.