PDA

View Full Version : Coach Mitchell to Green Bay --- Bring It!

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
02-05-2011, 01:28 AM
Coach talking trash....love it.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_721502.html

FORT WORTH, Texas — Steelers assistant head coach John Mitchell could be excused if he had graciously passed on the question. Said thanks, but no thanks. Praised Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers as the next Bart Starr.

But Mitchell, as no-nonsense at they come, isn't built that way. When I asked Mitchell, who coaches the defensive line, about the hazards of facing the Packers' dreaded five-receiver attack, Mount Mitchell erupted in breaking every known rule of etiquette for Super Bowl XLV:

1. Never say anything inflammatory about your opponent.

2. Never, ever, tell the truth.

3. When in doubt, refer back to No. 2.

This is not news to Mitchell, whose second-ranked defense has been treated this week like the Cleveland Browns' instead of a unit appearing in its second Super Bowl in three years............

Read more: Harris: Steelers' Mitchell tells Packers to bring it - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_721502.html#ixzz1D4EMU0YO

Count Steeler
02-05-2011, 05:54 AM
Good to hear. This Super Bowl has been too quiet. The media would have you believe that the Steelers will have no answer to the mighty Rodgers and the "5 wide". Do they think our coaching staff has been sleeping?

HometownGal
02-05-2011, 07:02 AM
The media would have you believe that the Steelers will have no answer to the mighty Rodgers and the "5 wide". Do they think our coaching staff has been sleeping?

It's almost like our defense is being disrespected by the notion that they won't be able to stop the god Rogers and his receivers!! Obviously, they haven't been paying attention to what our D does better than any other team in the NFL. They'll find out the hard way on Sunday.

ALLD
02-05-2011, 07:35 AM
It will be interesting to see if Harrison, Woodley or Timmons has more sacks. And whoever gets more, it is probable that the other is the contributing factor by drawing more linemen.

zulater
02-05-2011, 07:42 AM
Good I'm glad to see someone on the Steelers express this attitude. I guarantee you all the Steelers are quietly seething at the lack of respect they've been getting the past two weeks. It's almost surreal, as if we've somehow become part of the bizzaro world episode of Seinfeld.

By this I mean, I don't how it happened, but apparently the Packers somehow became unbeatable in the last 12 days? I guess it was my imagination that their record was 10-6? Because when I watch the t.v this past week I'm pretty sure they must be talking about at least a 15-1 team. And I must have imagined the wildcard playoff game against the Eagles where two missed Eagle field goals probably spelled the difference between who advanced and who went home. Field goals that David Akers almost always makes, but for the fact that he was struggling with personal issues at the time ( 6 year old daughter just having been diagnosed with ovarian cancer) the Packers probably are done right there. But even with that I could have sworn I saw the great Aaron Rodgers standing on the sidelines, his fate totally out of his hands as Mike Vick drove the Eagles on a potential winning score. Because in my imagination, unlike when Big Ben made the completions neccessary to gain the first downs to run out the clock, Rodgers didn't make the plays needed to seal the outcome, and but for a misread on Mike Vick's part is currently 0-2 as a playoff qb. But again I know this must have all been imagined by me, because Aaron Rodgers is most certainly the greatest qb currently in the game, if not of all time. This I know because practically everyone on tv has implied as much all week long.

Oh and I heard one of the qb's in the Super Bowl didn't post great passing stats in his team's win in his conference championship game, funny how I thought that was the case with both qb's, that both qb's threw two picks and only led their teams to two offensive touchdowns in the conference championship game. In fact I was under the impression that the Steelers actually scored more offensive points than the Packers in the gateway game to the Super Bowl, but obviously again I was wrong. Because these Packers are indeed unbeatable.

You see beating the mighty playoff hardended Falcons stamps their vanquisher as the greatest team ever. This is what I've just recently learned anyway. So oh my God, it's hopeless, woe is us!! Eek!

Sorry I just had to get it out of my system. :chuckle: :wink02:

fansince'76
02-05-2011, 07:53 AM
What Mitchell said was no worse or any more inflammatory than what McCarthy said (which wasn't inflammatory at all), but I'm sure Disney Channel II will treat it as smack talk and rerun Mitchell's comments at least 10,000 times between now and game time. :coffee:

fansince'76
02-05-2011, 07:59 AM
Good I'm glad to see someone on the Steelers express this attitude. I guarantee you all the Steelers are quietly seething at the lack of respect they've been getting the past two weeks. It's almost surreal, as if we've somehow become part of the bizzaro world episode of Seinfeld.

By this I mean, I don't how it happened, but apparently the Packers somehow became unbeatable in the last 12 days? I guess it was my imagination that their record was 10-6? Because when I watch the t.v this past week I'm pretty sure they must be talking about at least a 15-1 team. And I must have imagined the wildcard playoff game against the Eagles where two missed Eagle field goals probably spelled the difference between who advanced and who went home. Field goals that David Akers almost always makes, but for the fact that he was struggling with personal issues at the time ( 6 year old daughter just having been diagnosed with ovarian cancer) the Packers probably are done right there. But even with that I could have sworn I saw the great Aaron Rodgers standing on the sidelines, his fate totally out of his hands as Mike Vick drove the Eagles on a potential winning score. Because in my imagination, unlike when Big Ben made the completions neccessary to gain the first downs to run out the clock, Rodgers didn't make the plays needed to seal the outcome, and but for a misread on Mike Vick's part is currently 0-2 as a playoff qb. But again I know this must have all been imagined by me, because Aaron Rodgers is most certainly the greatest qb currently in the game, if not of all time. This I know because practically everyone on tv has implied as much all week long.

Oh and I heard one of the qb's in the Super Bowl didn't post great passing stats in his team's win, funny how I thought that was the case with both qb's, that both qb's threw two picks and only led their teams to two offensive touchdowns in the conference championship game. In fact I was under the impression that the Steelers actually scored more offensive points than the Packers in the gateway game to the Super Bowl, but obviously again I was wrong. Because these Packers are indeed unbeatable.

You see beating the mighty playoff hardended Falcons stamps their vanquisher as the greatest team ever. This is what I've just recently learned anyway. So oh my God, it's hopeless, woe is us!! Eek!

You forgot "fast track!" "Fast track!" You can't keep up with Rodgers and Co. on a "fast track!" like we're going up against the '99 Rams' offense or something, or that Wallace, Sanders and Brown won't also benefit from not playing in the slop of Heinz Field. :rolleyes:

Burghman
02-05-2011, 07:59 AM
Blitz early and often.

memphissteelergirl
02-05-2011, 08:03 AM

Oh and I heard one of the qb's in the Super Bowl didn't post great passing stats in his team's win in his conference championship game, funny how I thought that was the case with both qb's, that both qb's threw two picks and only led their teams to two offensive touchdowns in the conference championship game. In fact I was under the impression that the Steelers actually scored more offensive points than the Packers in the gateway game to the Super Bowl, but obviously again I was wrong. Because these Packers are indeed unbeatable.

LOL....nicely played, sir. :applaudit::thumbsup:

zulater
02-05-2011, 08:07 AM
You forgot "fast track!" "Fast track!" You can't keep up with Rodgers and Co. on a "fast track!" like we're going up against the '99 Rams' offense or something, or that Wallace, Sanders and Brown won't also benefit from not playing in the slop of Heinz Field. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah I forgot that! :doh: Of course it's funny how those 'fast track' offenses of the Rams never translated so well in Super Bowls, struggling to beat the Titans, and losing to the Patriots scoring a combined 40 points in the two games . This despite playing both their SB's in domed stadiums.

tube517
02-05-2011, 08:50 AM
They need to be worried about the Money Receivers, MW17, the Old guy and Earl.

X-Terminator
02-05-2011, 09:20 AM
I'm glad Coach Mitchell spoke his mind, because the longer this week has gone on, the more I am beginning to absolutely despise the Green Bay Packers. And the thing is...it's not their fault. The media has done nothing but show disrespect to the Steelers all week long, and I have had enough. The way they've been hyping them up, the Steelers may as well not even show up tomorrow night.

43Hitman
02-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Its about time someone spoke up.

Burghfan58
02-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Not that it's Green Bays fault but the media has made them the favorites. That's fine with me because I think it plays into the Steelers hands. They seem to perform better as the underdog and you can sense that they are wired to prove on Sunday who is the better team.

The Duke
02-05-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm glad Coach Mitchell spoke his mind, because the longer this week has gone on, the more I am beginning to absolutely despise the Green Bay Packers. And the thing is...it's not their fault. The media has done nothing but show disrespect to the Steelers all week long, and I have had enough

Exactly

And the one who's gonna suffer the most for it is Rodgers

Clark and the whole secondary is pissed. Now our secondary coach is pissed. Defense is gonna cause some serious damage come sunday

stillers4me
02-05-2011, 10:11 AM
But again I know this must have all been imagined by me, because Aaron Rodgers is most certainly the greatest qb currently in the game, if not of all time. This I know because practically everyone on tv has implied as much all week long.

And don't forget that he's a "future Hall of Famer". :hmm:

I'm glad someone spoke up, but I'd rather have them hold the frustration in until game time, and vomit it all over the Packers.

SteelerEmpire
02-05-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm glad Coach Mitchell spoke his mind, because the longer this week has gone on, the more I am beginning to absolutely despise the Green Bay Packers. And the thing is...it's not their fault. The media has done nothing but show disrespect to the Steelers all week long, and I have had enough. The way they've been hyping them up, the Steelers may as well not even show up tomorrow night.

Soo true it's even unbelievable. I notice they only SHOW interviews that are ONLY of people rooting for the packers. I can easily see the league telling the operatives over at NFL.com and NFL network to "hype up" the packers so that more people will tune in. It's "pro wrestling" style reporting at its finest. But us "true" Steelers fans that know the team as good as anyone knows that those packers really don't have a chance, to be honest, if the Steelers play at their abilities.

Angina
02-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Too true zulater, thanks for posting that, I'm printing that up to show all my packers fans friends.

I've had to turn the media off this week. It's the same every time we play in an SB. Remember towards the end of the week before the Seahawks game? Oh Hasslebeck was having such a great year, he was just going to burn our defense for a ton of points. Same with the Cardinals (though not quite as much), there were more and more media types picking them to win as well.

Here's what's really going to happen: When the time finally comes for the players to take the field, a giant heart with a steel sheen and 52 pairs of legs will bowl out onto that field not to be denied and nothing will stand before it. Dom Capers, the student, will get schooled by LeBeau, the master. Cool Hand Tomlin will stare down McCarthy with a smirk on his face as Ben makes the clutch plays and the score runs up against the packers. Aaron, The Second Coming, Rodgers will spend a lot of time on his back blinking up into the faces of Harrison/Woodley/hell the whole defense. And finally, I shall cry tears of joy when it's all over, thoroughly soaking my Terrible Towel, which I shall then use to towel whip the butt of every packers fan that has made my life so miserable the last two weeks!

(I'm sorry, I get a bit too emotional about these things.)

Dino 6 Rings
02-05-2011, 12:23 PM

great post Zu

I've been looking at the numbers...and it kills me that the Steelers have more pass plays over 20 yards in the regular season than the Packers, yet they are the "high powered" offense....Hey, when you CANT run the ball and are forced to pass all the time...you will have high passing yard numbers...imagine that. When you are a Balanced attack on offense, you won't set any single season records but you will be solid all year and have the tools it takes to win big games, which is the Steelers.

But I heard...not sure how true it is, is that money is coming in on the Packers...large...but "pro's" are taking the Steelers in Vegas. think I heard that on Cowherd's show yesterday...but the entire week has blended together so I can't be sure.

Dino 6 Rings
02-05-2011, 12:24 PM
They need to be worried about the Money Receivers, MW17, the Old guy and Earl.

I know right...as if Wallace and Sanders and Brown are going to be "slower" on the "fast track" the guys are speed demons! but we need to watch out for those Packers...geesh...

zulater
02-05-2011, 12:38 PM
I know right...as if Wallace and Sanders and Brown are going to be "slower" on the "fast track" the guys are speed demons! but we need to watch out for those Packers...geesh...

Dino, don't you know the fast track only slants in favor of the Packers speedsters, and the Steelers burners will actually be running uphill all game? :huh:

( betcha Goodell would have wet dreams at the prospect of making that happen :chuckle: )

Dino 6 Rings
02-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Dino, don't you know the fast track only slants in favor of the Packers speedsters, and the Steelers burners will actually be running uphill all game? :huh:

I'm learning that fact the more I watch the talking heads...I'm stubborn though...hard for me to actually agree with all the "experts" at this point.

Devilsdancefloor
02-05-2011, 01:20 PM

Great post! i agree with mitchell enough is enough it is like our D is ranked 32 and is horrible and we lucked out all year and got to the super bowl! I am so tired of hearing about the fast track for the packers!! i cant wait to see Ike ,Timmons, troy, harrison & woodley Fly on that fast track! I cant wait for the D to beat down the pack!! i respect them as a team, but lets make it a old fashion ass kicking!! i am so ready for thsi game to start!!

zulater
02-05-2011, 01:36 PM
btw the Falcons were 16th in total defense, 20th in sacks, and 15th in forced fumbles. In these same categories the Steelers defense was 2nd, 1st, and 2nd. So this prevailing mindset that because the Packers did it to the Falcons in a Dome they'll do it to the Steelers is just bizarre!

Count Steeler
02-05-2011, 01:42 PM
My observation is that the Packers have played their best game this year against Atlanta. I don't think the Steelers have played their best game yet. I am hoping to see execution and precision and a killer instinct on Sunday. It is time for the Steelers to play to their potential for 60 minutes and in so doing they will send a message to the talking heads to STFU!

Burghfan58
02-05-2011, 02:07 PM
I get this feeling that what Mitchell said was just a little plume of warning smoke from a volcano that is getting ready to erupt on Sunday evening.

:tt03::rockon::tt02: