PDA

View Full Version : Packers = Good Guys, Steelers = Villains.

Edman
02-04-2011, 11:01 PM
That is pretty much what XLV boils down to.

Packers= Classic NFL franchise, Aaron Rodgers, Happy for Green Bay, Mike McCarthy, Vegas Favorites, Media Favorites, Packers storied history, 12 championships. Almost EVERYONE is behind the Packers.

Steelers= Classic NFL franchise, Bad boy Ben Roethlisberger, Vegas and Media Underdogs, NFL Pariah, Roger Goodell hates them especially James Harrison, Hines Ward reviled, Sour Grapes from opponents.

I don't mind rooting for the villain for once, though. They get all the cool stuff.

VTsteel
02-05-2011, 06:54 AM
Well, I tell ya, this is exactly how I became a Steeler fan. I remember watching the Super Bowl in '76 when we first played the Cowgirls. I was 4 yrs old and EVERYBODY at the house was rooting for the "Good guys", the team in white, the glamorous team, Americas team. I decided to be different; I decided to root for the "Bad guys", the team with the nasty disposition, the team in Black. And that was one of the best decisions an impressionable 4 year old could make - Because when "we" won . . . I was the only one still smiling. I could identify with that under-dog mentality and overcoming (seemingly) insurmountable odds. This year (and every year really) is no different. That's the way it should be!

http://www.wheretofindme.com/Galleries/Projects/Photos/74Offensesmall.jpg

HometownGal
02-05-2011, 06:57 AM
Screw all of 'em I say. If it comes down to the "villains" hoisting that Lombardi, I'll take it! :tt03:

stillers4me
02-05-2011, 06:59 AM
I love me some bad boys!! :lol:

BPS3akaWirels3
02-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Is this how the Yankees feel???

HollywoodSteel
02-05-2011, 07:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqZgkM_ienQ&feature=related

ALLD
02-05-2011, 07:28 AM
I hate to tell all the haters, but the bad boys are going to kick the asses of the lilly white Cinderella team all the way back to Wisconsin.

Texasteel
02-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Good Boys are home at 10:00 haven't milk and cookies with his little sister.

Bad Boys take the prom queen home and,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well you know were I'm going with this.

X-Terminator
02-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Yep, that's pretty much what it boils down to. At first, I wouldn't have minded if the Packers won, and in a way I still don't...but now I hope the Steelers beat them by 50, so that they will finally shut up the haters and the media whores once and for all.

SteelerEmpire
02-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Yep. You see Hines wore a "black hat" instead of a white or even yellow one... the "bad guys" always were's a black hat in western/cowboy lore. But the Steelers have "always" been the bad guys in the SB.

GoSlash27
02-05-2011, 11:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzZxBUxg0Sg

Boh
02-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Is this how the Yankees feel???

thats what they are

Dino 6 Rings
02-05-2011, 11:20 AM
lets see, if it wasn't for Bettis, with Joey Porter shooting off his mouth all the time, we were pretty much the badguys against the Seahawks and their pretty little running back who was the leagues leading rusher.

against the cinderella cardinals and kurt warner, we were the bad guys, our new young coach going against the guy that was "over looked" by the organization.

and now...once again...we ARE the Bad guys...

we are Always the Bad Guys...Mean Joe Greene, Jack Lambert, Mel Blount, Jack Ham, Joey Porter, James Harrison, Greg Lloyd, Kevin Greene, Bam Morris, Lamar Woodley, Ryan Clark, exactly what makes any one think we are anything but the Baddest Asss MO FO's on the block?