PDA

View Full Version : Mike McCarthy: We respect Pittsburgh, but this is our time

stillers4me
02-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Packers coach Mike McCarthy is feeling confident following the Packers’ last on-field practice before Super Bowl XLV.

McCarthy told Jim Trotter, who’s serving as the pool reporter at Packers practices, that he’s excited about how confident his players seem heading into their showdown with the Steelers.

“The one thing you want to see in your football team is that the players have maintained confidence throughout the process,” McCarthy said. “Our guys have done that. They totally believe what’s in front of them. They believe in what they’ve seen on film. We respect Pittsburgh, but we feel that this is our time and Sunday will be our night.”................

Read more @ http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/04/mike-mccarthy-we-respect-pittsburgh-but-this-is-our-time/

Craic
02-04-2011, 05:41 PM
We respect Pittsburgh, but we feel that this is our time and Sunday will be our night.”

Well, really can't expect anyone to say anything else. Least he gave respect to the Steelers. Now it is time to prove him wrong.

Mtn.Steel
02-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Packers coach Mike McCarthy is feeling confident following the Packers’ last on-field practice before Super Bowl XLV.

McCarthy told Jim Trotter, who’s serving as the pool reporter at Packers practices, that he’s excited about how confident his players seem heading into their showdown with the Steelers.

“The one thing you want to see in your football team is that the players have maintained confidence throughout the process,” McCarthy said. “Our guys have done that. They totally believe what’s in front of them. They believe in what they’ve seen on film. We respect Pittsburgh, but we feel that this is our time and Sunday will be our night.”................

Read more @ http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/04/mike-mccarthy-we-respect-pittsburgh-but-this-is-our-time/

I hope they believe in what they seen on film...cause it might not be what they see in two days!!!

Count Steeler
02-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Nice, middle of the road safe comments. I'm sure the Steelers are just as confident and just as respectful.

Craic
02-04-2011, 06:06 PM
I hope they believe in what they seen on film...cause it might not be what they see in two days!!!

Very true.

Borski
02-04-2011, 06:07 PM
I hate it when anyone says "This is our time" shut up and prove it by playing.

I'm pretty sure both the Ravens and Jets said it was their time too.

stillers4me
02-04-2011, 06:09 PM
I hate it when anyone says "This is our time" shut up and prove it by playing.

I'm pretty sure both the Ravens and Jets said it was their time too.

Rex Ryan had been spewing it since training camp.

I prefer Tomlin's style.

Merchant
02-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Talk is cheap.

stillers4me
02-04-2011, 07:13 PM
I think they are believing their own press.

I have a gut feeling about this game.....but I'm keeping it to myself for now.

beSteelmyheart
02-04-2011, 07:28 PM
I think they are believing their own press.

I have a gut feeling about this game.....but I'm keeping it to myself for now.
Me too.
There is too much of this hokey down home feeling kind of stuff where they are all but being declared the golden boys & too many people are publicly picking them to win, like it's some kind of feel good trend or something, jumping on the bandwagon. That's okay. Suits us just fine.

SteelerEmpire
02-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Is this the Ravens or Rex Ryan again ? What's with this "our time" and "destiny" stuff ?

stillers4me
02-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Is this the Ravens or Rex Ryan again ? What's with this "our time" and "destiny" stuff ?

I think there are 6 Lombardi trophys sitting outside Art Rooney's office that beg to differ.

Stlrs4Life
02-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Nice, middle of the road safe comments. I'm sure the Steelers are just as confident and just as respectful.

For sure, it's profootball talk, so nothing new here.

ShoeHorn
02-05-2011, 12:38 AM
If Steelers v Packers is really as close as everyone seems to think it is, then I think the outcome of the game could very well come down to the head coaching matchup. And who would you rather have coaching your team....Tomlin or Mike Mcarthy and his lack of clock/game management abilities? Just sayin, if this game comes down to the last couple minutes, packer fans will be pissing themselves due to their coach's track record in those situations

HometownGal
02-05-2011, 07:20 AM

Exactly. Doesn't McCarthy realize that Lebeau also watches tape and was busy in his laboratory the past 2 weeks coming up with "surprises"? :doh:

Nice to be confident in your team, Coach, but I'm seeing a hint of overconfidence on your part which is never a good thing.

Dino 6 Rings
02-05-2011, 12:13 PM
time for you to CRY!!!!

YAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!